New guy. Calling all minitruckers

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
LowandLoud

New guy. Calling all minitruckers

Post by LowandLoud »

Hello all,

I am a noob here but have been reading the forums for awhile. It looks like i have found a bunch of people who are as PG crazy as myself. I have been into PG since my first system back in 97 when i bought a purple sapphire and 2 XS 10's.

Just wanted to see if i could figure out how this photo posting thing works here.

Image :P

I hope that worked, if so, this is my truck. 1990 Toyota, with full air ride, 3.5" body drop and custom airbrushing. I am curious to find out if there are any other minitruckers on this site?
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
LowandLoud

Re: New guy. Calling all minitruckers

Post by LowandLoud »

The truck was built in the mid to late 90's and has been in storage almost a decade. It currently has 4 MTX Thunder 2000, 3 Pioneer 4 channels and some (lol) Crunch 6.5's in the doors with some no name tweets at the top of the windsheild. Not to worry, that will not be staying.
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Welcome to the phorum. Nice truck you got there, I bet its great on the speed bumps :mrgreen: Back in the day I was a big fan of low riders, I've gotten older and wiser (minus the wiser part :shock: ), and have gotten out of that. I started with PG the same time you did though, had a '97 Grand Am walled off in the back seat with 8 Xmax 12's. Unfortunately the build never got finished, and eneded up having to sell most of the gear. You've come across a good bunch of people here on the site with a large amount of knowledge. Once again, welcome.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Thanks JBob, I am greatful for all the info i have gleaned already and always wish to continue learning. I am almost 32 now but still love to go out cruising with a bunch of the guys. Maybe it makes me feel young, lol. I am planning a large old school (M series) install and have collected quite a bit of equipment over the last few months. The info about cap replacemen.t is especially helpful, as i am looking at quite a bit of it. So far, an M25, M50, 2 M100's, and a Route 66 #135. Thanks again for the welcome
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

nice lookin truck and it looks like you might be able to hear the stereo as well. I love the crazy paint and the clean interior right untill all the tweed. I know its a mini-tuck thang but I just never liked the look or the feel of it. Reminds me of a nice burlap sack.

But with that out of the way WELCOME TO THE PHORUM! There are a couple of pg nuts here and they there are afew that we might one day see on the hoarders show, surrrounded by old pg amps and manuals stacked up to the ceiling
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Looks sweet! I was gonna say, "You don't see those in Canada!", but then I noticed your plates and the storage crate, eh! ;)
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Appreciate the kind words. I hear ya on the tweed, its not the nicest feeling on your skin but its fairly cheap and easy to work with. Plus it fits the era of the build. I am guilty of using it myself though. :)

Its true, i am a Canuk and also there are not many of these around. That part of why i enjoy it 8) Theres nothing quite like airing out and dragging the crossmembers past a group of people and seeing the cunfused looks on their faces.

Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Welcome to the phorum. Not much of a mini trucker, although I have always been partial to the hardbody. I'm more of a big body Chevy guy. I'm in central Florida, it seems this is the epicenter of lowrider/minitrucks.lol.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.