Sink hole eats 8 vettes at the museum.

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Sink hole eats 8 vettes at the museum.

Post by ttocs »

I use to go too school in bowling green. Its a boring town so anytime a buddy came down to visit we would go to the plant tour and the museum after. I ended up going so many times that one time I even ended up correcting the tour guide on a date she mixed up and I think it was on the same visit where we almost got kicked out of the museum so we could jump the velvet rope and take a pic next to the 1 millionth vette as if we were opening the door. We hardly touched the car, but they still asked us not to do that anymore and then had a guard watch us the rest of the time. Need too see if I can find that pic as that car was eaten....

http://blog.caranddriver.com/national-c ... side-down/
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Re: Sink hole eats 8 vettes at the museum.

Post by trickyricky »

Insurance? Lets hope so.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That area is quite known for poor soils and voids. We've built buildings in the vicinity of Bowling Green, KY and all of them have required deep piling foundations to get to solid soils. A real shame really to see those cars go, but glad no one was injured.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

They have one of the largest cave systems in the nation covering basically the whole state and its known for sink holes. Not sure yet if there was a water break or what as we have had the coldest weather in 30 yrs here and had pipes breaking everywhere. The building was built in 93-94 I think it was so it isn't ancient, but 20 yrs can add up....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Our house is consider historic as its from the early 30's, but its much more solid than these new house they're building.