Some Shots of Europe

Like snapping pictures? Amateurs, hobbyists and professionals all enthusastically supported!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Some Shots of Europe

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Here are some photos from my trip thus far.

Enjoy! (or not).
Attachments
commietrainstation.jpg
commietrainstation.jpg (87.4 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
innsbruckfromseegrube.jpg
innsbruckfromseegrube.jpg (76.02 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
praguecastle.jpg
praguecastle.jpg (59.89 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
seegrubebutterfly.jpg
seegrubebutterfly.jpg (55.27 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
tirolparlour.jpg
tirolparlour.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
birdcheese.jpg
birdcheese.jpg (49.95 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
bavaria.jpg
bavaria.jpg (60.79 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

^^ all European train stations look like that with *very* few exceptions :D

Nice set.

Bret
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

I'm still shooting mostly blind in terms of concrete knowledge regarding many aspects of photography.

Tom helped me with some tips on light metering but I still haven't been able to really use it out in the field but it did make some sense when he described it to me.

I still find myself wanting a telephoto lens for capturing things at distance and a wide angle lens for capturing more space at a time but those can certainly wait until I can use a camera properly.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Heh unless that butterfly was 2 feet across, you can shoot better macro with that kit lense than I can with my megazoom. That's the one thing that really sucks about it... otherwise I couldn't be bothered with another lense.

Here's a neat trick for macro while I'm on the subject. If you want the absolute closest possible shot, set it to manual focus, twist it to the shortest distance your lense allows, then move yourself towards the subject until it comes into focus. This obviously doesnt work well with a moving subject. I find with my lenses that it allows me to go much closer than the AF will take me.

Prague's trainstation is definitely one of the less pleasant parts of that city. The first time I got there I was really unimpressed, until I got out into the city. That place is one weird, dirty hole in the wall... scammer taxis, gypsies and bums all over the place too! I guess coming from Berlin wasn't a fair comparison either :lol:

Also... Bavaria Pilsener... is made in Holland. WTF Holland?? :P
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I love the parlor pic! If the light in the window on the right side was not blown out it would be perfect! I love the composition, and the color and the sharpness in the other pics is great. You are getting better!! :clap:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

mr tibbs wrote:I love the parlor pic! If the light in the window on the right side was not blown out it would be perfect! I love the composition, and the color and the sharpness in the other pics is great. You are getting better!! :clap:
I would have exposed it a little more to capture more of the room actually. Ah, the subjective nature of photography.

High ISO shooting is helpful in those cases, since it lets you get more of the dark without having the lighter areas overexposed. Although it does come at a cost (noise), so use it wisely.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Yeah, the overblown window bothered me a little.

I usually shoot with Auto ISO right now because my correct ISO determination skills are still weak.

Thanks for the compliments.