Yellowstone and Teton trip (pic heavy)

Like snapping pictures? Amateurs, hobbyists and professionals all enthusastically supported!
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Yellowstone and Teton trip (pic heavy)

Post by mr tibbs »

Last week the wife and I took a week vacation to Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks. The first five nights we spent camping in Yellowstone and sleeping in the back of Stoffel (my 1989 HJ61). I had my concerns about spending that many nights camping, but everything went AWESOME!! The rig was comfortable and ran great, we showered every other day at the Old Faithful Lodge, and the wife was a champ camping that long! In the park we did some sightseeing, some hiking, and a lot of driving around enjoying the scenery. Here are some pics:

Did we see any wildlife? You bet!!

These guys came strolling right through the campground like they owned the place!

I even stalked this guy until he stopped so I could admire his 70 series rig! He and his wife were from Germany visiting. Cool rig!

The next couple of nights we spent in a posh hotel in Teton Village just outside of the national park. After camping for five nights and using public showers it was a nice change of pace. The Tetons are incredible!! It's pretty damn tough to take a bad pic in that park!

An oddly specific sign

What do you know, the sign was right!!

It was a great trip with a few minor issues with the rig that we were able to handle. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to do it again! There are a ton more pics found here: https://mrtibbs2004.smugmug.com/Travel/ ... Teton-2015

Thanks for looking!
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
dwnrodeo

Re: Yellowstone and Teton trip (pic heavy)

Post by dwnrodeo »

Wow, looks like a fun trip! Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

looks like a good time. Glad to hear the buffalo didn't get ya as they seem to be winning the war vs humans this year from what I have been reading.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

It was pretty amazing how many people we saw approach the wildlife. And it wasn't just the out of country folks, plenty of US license plates pulled off on the side of the road walking towards the buffalo and elk. Idiots all around!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Looks like an awesome time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

as I said that I had the memory of when we took a trip out to the badlands with my grandparents. I can remember now my grandfather trying to get as close as he could to some buffalo we came cross back in the 80s.
NOT 2 OLD YET

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

I would love to see Yellowstone some day. What a beautiful landscape, thanks for sharing the pictures.
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10
PG Elite and Sapphire 6.5 Comps
JL 13TW5 subs
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Yellowstone, the painted desert, arches national park, Joshua tree, grand canyon/Sedona/senoran desert.... So many great places to see out west
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

mr tibbs wrote:It was pretty amazing how many people we saw approach the wildlife. And it wasn't just the out of country folks, plenty of US license plates pulled off on the side of the road walking towards the buffalo and elk. Idiots all around!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

awesome pics Casey!! that is my favorite place on the planet!
i agree with the retards, i remember the last time i was there we saw probably 40 people running up the side of the mountain, so we asked a guy what the deal was, he said oh there is a momma bear and her cubs just up at the top, and he raced off up the hill with his camera :doh: