ZX v.s ZX TI v.s TI v.s ???

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
faizai

ZX v.s ZX TI v.s TI v.s ???

Post by faizai »

:roll: looking for a amp for my system,i just sold my Xenon 200.4 last night,
now i'm have a ti600.2 for front component only(3way:dynaudio mw160 midbass,peerless midrange and tweeter)
looking another with my JBL sub,so ZX,ZX TI, TI is my 1st choice :roll:
(the sound of TI is Xenon cannot give to me :shifty: ,i had text them both for my component and sub,vocal and bass,TI can makes better for all:clap: )

So,can anyone give an opinion to me? :oops:
(heard some rewiew: ZX TI is the best of them :oops: )
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ZX has the most headroom but is less reliable

ZXti and Ti are the same thing, more reliable but less headroom than ZX
faizai

Post by faizai »

stipud wrote:ZX has the most headroom but is less reliable

ZXti and Ti are the same thing, more reliable but less headroom than ZX
thanks,but i saw a reiew that ZXti got some goldplate inside and ti no?and the sound quality is ZXti and V2 better than Ti?
isnt it? :oops:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

ZXti and Ti are the exact same amps. The only difference is the silkscreened model number on the outside of the chassis, one says ZXti, and the other says Ti.

The original ZX line are different from the ZXti-Ti line.
faizai

Post by faizai »

Eric D wrote:ZXti and Ti are the exact same amps. The only difference is the silkscreened model number on the outside of the chassis, one says ZXti, and the other says Ti.

The original ZX line are different from the ZXti-Ti line.
so actually the sound of them all are same? :oops:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I think the original ZX amps sound better. But, that is just my opinion, and I am sure others would disagree with me.
faizai

Post by faizai »

Eric D wrote:I think the original ZX amps sound better. But, that is just my opinion, and I am sure others would disagree with me.
thanks,another question is zx 500 and ti 600 both the specs are same? :oops:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Similar specs, but like stipud said, ZX500 has more headroom.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Actually now that I think about it, IIRC Jacampb2 tested several of his ZX and Ti amps, and found they had the same rail voltage. In fact I believe his Ti was higher. So this would indicate that the headroom potential is the same for both, and it fluctuates from amp to amp.

Personally I would take the ZXTi/Ti series because it has more reliable potentiometers, and it is newer (so less issues with failing capacitors, etc).

Cosmetically my order of preference would be... Aluminum Ti > Black ZX > Ti > White ZX.

Anyways, the point is, regardless of ZX, ZXti or Ti, you will get a very good amplifier. Although I am very surprised you don't like your Xenon amp, because it is a much more powerful 4 channel than any Ti. With that much power on tap you could easily EQ it to suit your tastes and still have much more volume than a Ti amp could offer you. I also would have recommended running a line driver, since many people insist that a higher input voltage really brings those amps to life.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I don't want to be nit picky, but the rail voltage is only half the issue.

Something in the Ti amps limits their output to clipping before hitting the rail voltage. In the ZX amps they get closer to the rail voltage, thus more headroom.
faizai

Post by faizai »

stipud wrote:Actually now that I think about it, IIRC Jacampb2 tested several of his ZX and Ti amps, and found they had the same rail voltage. In fact I believe his Ti was higher. So this would indicate that the headroom potential is the same for both, and it fluctuates from amp to amp.

Personally I would take the ZXTi/Ti series because it has more reliable potentiometers, and it is newer (so less issues with failing capacitors, etc).

Cosmetically my order of preference would be... Aluminum Ti > Black ZX > Ti > White ZX.

Anyways, the point is, regardless of ZX, ZXti or Ti, you will get a very good amplifier. Although I am very surprised you don't like your Xenon amp, because it is a much more powerful 4 channel than any Ti. With that much power on tap you could easily EQ it to suit your tastes and still have much more volume than a Ti amp could offer you. I also would have recommended running a line driver, since many people insist that a higher input voltage really brings those amps to life.
thanks alot,so i am not worry about taking any 1 right,all of them are good amp :clap:

if money alow to me,i will not give up the Xenon :roll:
but TI really good for me,the sound is more nature,more dynamic and the bass go deeper... :shifty:
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

I have had a Ti400.2, then had xenon x200.4, and now zx350. Honestly the xenon screamed and was so loud and clear it blew my mind (and apparently the cold solder joint hahaha) and once I get it fixed I think this amp will be suitable for any application. I mean 200rms into 4 channels? Come on! Thats soo much headroom. My dad however has black zx500 and it does also sound nice and clean as well. And also has a smaller footprint than the x200.4 that was his main concern as it went into a truck.

But yea the xenons are nice. and powerful. Just wait until I fix my x1200.1 that produces 1400rms on the birthsheet. :hurr: :hurr: :hurr:
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Oh and forgot to add, maybe it was because I did have a line driver hooked up. I have a TLD66 hooked up, if you don't have one I think u should get one. I read that they like high input voltages.
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
faizai

Post by faizai »

deathcloud wrote:Oh and forgot to add, maybe it was because I did have a line driver hooked up. I have a TLD66 hooked up, if you don't have one I think u should get one. I read that they like high input voltages.
thanks,would the line driver effect the sound quality? :oops:
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

The line driver will give your amplifier more voltage to the RCA's which will lower the noise floor.

http://phoenixphorum.com/line-driver-or ... oise+floor
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
vingasoline

Post by vingasoline »

I have a ti1200.1, and pld1 for sale.