Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

MW3 wrote:Larger drivers (15"+) and three ways systems we are seriously looking at, but they will not be in the first wave of products released.

Ok, but will you have 15s right off the bat? or only 10s and 12s?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

MW3 wrote:
VW337 wrote:I still want to see amp wire terminations.
You mean pre-amp, speaker and power terminals?
Please.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

SolacE wrote:my vote is for amps!!!!!
How about we aim high and see the whole amp?
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

The new high powered line has the nice MS style RCAs but they mount directly to PCB for better reliability. This line has four amplifiers, all four will use 1/0 terminals. The 1/0 power terminals also fit 4 gauge nicely. Speaker terminals fit 12 gauge. We also using aluminum shaft pots in the preamp.

The more affordable line use standard RCAs and same speaker/power connectors as the high powered line end. But the power terminal is 4 gauge not 1/0. Plastic shaft pots.

A couple quick pics from the engineering bench of the high powered line.

(Note: Picture shows a clear power terminal housing, it will black for production.)

Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

vey nice but i know these guy are going to say something about the power/ground wire being installed at a angle :shock:
they are the same as my focal fp amp so these are good with me
looks nice
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Yes i like this. The amp is going to look sleek and simple. I like that. And the aluminum pots as well. Instead of plastic. Im excited. I cant wait.
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

So do the speaker terminal set screws and the remote terminal set screw take the same hex key?

I know that previous PG has had an issue with mixing SAE and metric sizing so that you needed 4 keys to install one amp with wiring kit.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Looking very good Morgan! Are the pots detented like the Xenons or are they like the current RSD pots? They look to be like the RSD pots.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Still didnt clarify if you will have 15s. All that was said was 15+ is possible.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Mackenzie wrote:
MW3 wrote:Larger drivers (15"+) and three ways systems we are seriously looking at, but they will not be in the first wave of products released.

Ok, but will you have 15s right off the bat? or only 10s and 12s?

looks like they will you will just have to wait
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Nice....................Clean....simple....and doesn't screan SWAP MEET.

I too am interested in a 15"/18" sub..........

Hey Morgan, is there ANY truth to the RSdC component set......... I don't figure they'd just scrap a project thats already sitting at the dock overseas......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I like the looks and the components we can see on the exterior of the case appear like the general level of quality I would expect (generic terminals, but c'mon, I don't expect PG custom designed terminals at this point as I would see that as somewhat pointless) but I'm still curious about who has engineered these amps and whether or not their design lineage can be traced to original Phoenix Gold intellectual property.

I can easily wait for the details but I do wonder about things like what output transistors are being used, if they are still triple darlington designs, etc.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
denim

Post by denim »

Ok, got me interested enough to put my itch for more Xenon's, and trying out the RSD's on hold......

itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

I really like the looks of this
lpl is there too
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
bruther

Post by bruther »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I like the looks and the components we can see on the exterior of the case appear like the general level of quality I would expect (generic terminals, but c'mon, I don't expect PG custom designed terminals at this point as I would see that as somewhat pointless) but I'm still curious about who has engineered these amps and whether or not their design lineage can be traced to original Phoenix Gold intellectual property.

I can easily wait for the details but I do wonder about things like what output transistors are being used, if they are still triple darlington designs, etc.

I'm wondering this as well. I do like the looks of these amps.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: item

Post by stipud »

kg1961 wrote:vey nice but i know these guy are going to say something about the power/ground wire being installed at a angle :shock:
they are the same as my focal fp amp so these are good with me
looks nice
Bang on, this amp is almost certainly built at the same factory as Focal, JL, and several PG amps. For an Asian build house their quality is extremely good, so I am sure we will not be disappointed.

It has the same terminals, pots and torroids as the Focals, and the same transistor clips and torroids that the JLs have:
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/galle ... 2721&c=752
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/galle ... 3771&c=996

So far this is looking very positive. I am glad they are sticking to the same manufacturer instead of going with a comparably "low budget" flea market amp company.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would rather see another cyclone then another woofer over 15". Anyone else with me?
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

I've seriously probably read the word cyclone 50459u409580495 times... its almost getting so annoying that I want to really hear one and see what everyones boners about this product is about. I mean seriously guys... is it that cool? Does it really sound THAT good. To make even doves cry? Cuz thats what everyone in here is making it out to be. I swear I am going to save and buy one and see about it......

And I say instead of coming out with all this new product, what they are going to do is see how well it sells before coming out with new product and it not selling. I rarely see anyone anymore with 15's or 18's. I'm sorry guys but thats so 90's hahaha jk.

I hope in a few years when these amps come out that they are up there comparative with focal and JL. And PG lives on forever!
Kenwood Excelon x592
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

The style looks great Morgan! Very promising indeed. I have always liked the straight up clean look of the ms amps, very reminiscent!

I guess I am 90's, cause I will be using 15's in my 70 runner. Thank you Bogart!
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Misfire wrote:
I guess I am 90's, cause I will be using 15's in my 70 runner. Thank you Bogart!
LOL nicccceeeee. I'm just saying, I really don't see too many of those anymore. If anything I see more 8s.
Kenwood Excelon x592
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

deathcloud wrote:I've seriously probably read the word cyclone 50459u409580495 times... its almost getting so annoying that I want to really hear one and see what everyones boners about this product is about. I mean seriously guys... is it that cool? Does it really sound THAT good. To make even doves cry? Cuz thats what everyone in here is making it out to be. I swear I am going to save and buy one and see about it......
honestly, i dont think so. its cool as hell! its a sweet idea. but it just doesn't make sense IMO. its very fragile, unreliable, expensive to build. hard to implement. maybe if they sold it as a home theater driver.

i was more impressed with the xenon subs as far as low output....
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

this cover looks like the "EVO" from the SALE. I like it :thumbs:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

Bfowler wrote:
honestly, i dont think so. its cool as hell! its a sweet idea. but it just doesn't make sense IMO. its very fragile, unreliable, expensive to build. hard to implement. maybe if they sold it as a home theater driver.

This then makes me wonder "why all the praise?" if it has all those negative things about it. hmmmm
Kenwood Excelon x592
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

deathcloud wrote:
Bfowler wrote:

This then makes me wonder "why all the praise?" if it has all those negative things about it. hmmmm
i think its the idea, nostalgia and spirit behind it. especially for the time, it was a CRAZY idea that worked! same with the mph. they told their engineers to go nuts and make something awesome (even if it wasn't practical) and they did! and it WAS awesome! if AAMP made something with the same spirt, i think it would be cool. but just remaking the cyclone isnt a worthwhile idea imo
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it can really fill in a low end like no 12 or 15 can. Don't ask it to go high but throw any low note at it and just sit back and enjoy the massage......