How good are your high dollar rca's?? YALL GOTTA WATCH THIS

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
freshkryp69

How good are your high dollar rca's?? YALL GOTTA WATCH THIS

Post by freshkryp69 »

This is a video demonstration of how radiated noise enters the rca's. youll be shocked! or maybe not... Im just glad he didnt use a coat hanger in the test, Id be afraid that it would beat the high dollar rca's!

We need to find the correct way to make a diy rca or balanced line cable the best it can possibly be, and the best design of cable to use. Cause it seems the multi million dollar audio companies dont know either...

http://youtu.be/SfMU-oxDGs8
Square 1
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: How good are your high dollar rca's?? YALL GOTTA WATCH T

Post by joerg »

Thanks for that video! Guess i just spent some serious money on pretty but useless Rockford RCA´s :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

Ill keep making cables the way I do, MIL spec stranded silver plated twisted pair with teflon outter, but ill definitely pay better attention on shielding and the drain wire as to make them quiet as possible..

Just to think there are cables costing $1000's a foot that are no better than what youd find at walmart for $5!
Square 1
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

pretty sure that any rca tested the way they did it is little more then an antenna and with out a shorting plug on the other end they all should be making some pretty bad noise.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

A video like this is no proof of anything. How do we know they didn't readjust the amp gain between takes? And notice how the rca plugs of the last cable are nowhere near the neon lights whereas the other cables' plugs get moved around almost on top of the lights.

I have basic generic triple shielded cables and the hiss and noise from the speakers is not audible unless I put my ear near a tweeter. Silent enough for me. Add to that road noise and I could not care less.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

This video for people who don't understand how this stuff work.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Really, the best way to test RCAs is to wrap them around your distribution block. If you don't get noise from that, you have good cables.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Funny other than running them separate from power wires I've never put much thought into it. But since this was posted its driving me crazy. Want to learn more about how these cable actually work. Fact or fiction.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

valeks1 wrote:This video for people who don't understand how this stuff work.

^^^^ :clap:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Drock wrote:Funny other than running them separate from power wires I've never put much thought into it.
That is all there is to it. If you try hard enough you can make any cable pick up interference. However, what the cables are designed for is to deliver a clean signal without picking up electrical interference from the vehicle. If you can coil the RCAs around the distro block and not get interference from that, then they'll assuredly do their job if you separate the RCAs and the power cable like normal people do. That's all they need to do. You can get cheap cable and expensive cable that'll do that. That stuff in that video is over the top nonsense.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

There are a million ways to get noise into a system, its never seemed to amaze me how things can get caught.

Wrapping them around your dist would be roughly the same test as he is doing here. Unless you have the open end connected to a properly grounded system or shorted the ends then its just an antenna and a dist can be just as noisy as neon sign. Only cars that had noise problems I could not fix were muscle cars with MSD upgraded ignitions that would not let me move them. When you mount one of those on top of the power wire from the alt to the battery I don't care what cable you have or how you run it your stereo will have noise. I find it easier to tell them to look at it as an optional add-on, an audible tachometer is something that even them fancy imports don't have!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

well...

the noise is being radiated from an extremely high frequency source. a neon light running at 20khz..

A cable that could reject the most interference/photons at 20khz and under, would be the cable id want to use if I was using rcas near neons or big transformers.
Square 1