MS250 change cap...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
chaplin

MS250 change cap...

Post by chaplin »

Here is my MS250...
What I have to change exactly? What are the best caps for my MS250?

What is the best product to clean the circuit?

[b]Chaplin[/b]
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

8) ....I'm sure Cecil will be around to let you know the specifics
Attachments
searchfirst-vi.gif
searchfirst-vi.gif (14.2 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
chaplin

Post by chaplin »

There is of the information for the MS275 and the others, but not the MS250. I wanted to obtain on the photo elements important to change and that they are the best parts?
[b]Chaplin[/b]
chaplin

Post by chaplin »

There is how many REV? What are the changes between all the revisions? REV D, etc.

" One more amp " is going to be probably able to answer all my questions.
[b]Chaplin[/b]
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Good Afternoon Chaplin, I am currently away from my desktop but I will try to be of help none he less.

As for revisions I have found mostly parts lay out being changed with minor part value changes to reflect current preferred product construction.

BUT, this will have very little to do with cap changes that you need to do to protect and restore your amps.

Specifically I see 5 2200ufd caps rated at 16 volts that need to be replaced inside your MS-250. There are three in a cluster mid section of the board in the power supply side of the amp. Then there are two more located in front of the fets and in between the power transformer.

These are your main concern at this point. The extra two caps in front of the fets are special to your MS-250 and are not used in other models of these MS series amps.

Other than that everything stated in the tutorials elsewhere here on the site are totally acceptable and applicable to your amps. The MS series are extremely similar in design, and just scaled up or down to fit the power
output spec for that particular amp.....I hope this helps, and if you need more info please PM me, I answer all PM's as promtly as possible......C :)