Rockford Fosgate Power T15kW

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Rockford Fosgate Power T15kW

Post by mr tibbs »

Have you guys seen this monster?? Talk about replacing leaking caps, check this out!!

More pics here. Here are the specs:

Output Power at 14.4V and 1% THD (CEA-2006):
4 x 500W @ 4 ohm
4 x 1000W @ 2 ohm
4 x 2000W @ 1 ohm
4 x 3750W @ ½ ohm
2 x 2000W @ 4 ohm bridged
2 x 4000W @ 2 ohm bridged
2 x 7500W @ 1 ohm bridged
Dimensions: 37.5 x 22 x 10 in (95.3 x 55.9 x 25.4 cm)
Weight: 180 Lbs. (81.8 Kg.)

So, thoughts???
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

its a rockford amp..thats my thoughts.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
theburb

Post by theburb »

i heard if u use one during a lunar eclipse it will send your car 6000 years into the future.... :shock: thats why fosgate will not risk a demo of them at night.
RATIFIED

Post by RATIFIED »

Had a review of one back awhile in Car Audio. I want to say it was the directory issue.
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

Technology looks good, it has potential , but again it's RF and bring with it that RF attitude.

Also there are problems with the hybirid tech , hence they have not released it into their normal amps, if you read the review it tells you how it works and how it becomes a hybrid amp.

Simple principles and makes use of very clever caps. I know they did 60 coils on 1 amp at one point, but I think that was done before by other manufact
AKA Shaheenk
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

A lot Of Caps, and there on the 12 volt side only. A cap bank like that on the output side would be interesting to say the least. But it appears they were only worried about 12 volts.....

I have heard others describe this amp as a 3 kilo-watt amp with a huge carbon alloy cap bank. Of course they were referring to the 4 ohm, 2ohm ratings only, and the entire bottom plate of CAP capacitors < pretty much accurate>

Running any amp at 1 ohm even RF amps is just pushing your luck with design and assembly methods of the maker. 1 ohm current demands will probably pop the amp, just like it does for most others out there.

It appears to be Class AB MOSFET by design, which is RF typical. I have heard that it ran a wall of speakers at the CES, and at 180 pounds it definitely will affect your gas mileage. And no one in a stock auto will have enough power to run this amp effectively.

Other than all that it is a impressive build project, but way to big for a typical street cars trunk......RF was over the top with this one. My worries would be reliability and usefulness of the amp in a typical street car, and with its current price tag, its way out range of even the most driven car audio fanatic. That alone might make it a great advertising gimmick for Rockford, as they will certainly not sell any big number of these.....C
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Here is an install using 2 of these beasts!!
RATIFIED

Post by RATIFIED »

Only looked at the first page of pics, but all that $$$$ for equipment and no deadening?!?!?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

RATIFIED wrote:Only looked at the first page of pics, but all that $$$$ for equipment and no deadening?!?!?
Keep going man, there are 24 pages, he gets to it somewhere in there. :wink:
PGsta14me

Post by PGsta14me »

Looks like a sloppy mess to me. . . I'm glad I'm not stuck with the install or the price tag for one of those!
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

Hey C, apparently this amp does not draw huge current , the caps do most of the work delivering current , storage bank for spikes, it is apparently very efficient and has loads of headroom.
I seen it in SA on 30 odd woofers and 15 odd 6x9's as a demo on 2 batteries and did not look too bad.

And yeah it's freaking huge, they pitching this as a true SQ amp , they have asmaller 5kw comming too , but the price will not be cheap , I have the article at home on the design around this amp and it is not as impressive as they make it out ot be, they making use of a new storage type of cap.
AKA Shaheenk
crx4spl

Post by crx4spl »

This post was just brought to my attention. The guy doing the install is my box man tust me he ain't sloppy. This is a world class install. Awesome work stop and look again! Hell I got my pic with that amp i was so impressed!
tipracer

Post by tipracer »

didnt click link but im sure you are talking about steve meade...his stuff is tha bomb
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

I've seen the youtube videos before...pretty nice...
crx4spl

Post by crx4spl »

that amp is amazing 17k watts of 350A of curent.
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

Definitely not sloppy. Steve Meade is the polar opposite of sloppy.
denim

Post by denim »

Steve has been updating that thread on SSA all the time. There is a ton of pictures of the work.
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Anyone know what that "form finder" is? I need one of those...