What happened to my deck?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Juice0723

What happened to my deck?

Post by Juice0723 »

My deck started that buzzing sound again and everytime it does it the one pair of rcas get hot. I touched them and the rcas were pretty warm. Then a little after that the deck turned off. When the deck and car wasn't even on the remote line was still had the amps turned on. Then smoke started coming from the deck area. The other pair of rcas weren't warm or anything though. Now the deck doesn't even turn on. I didn't touch any of the wires by the deck at all. I only moved rcas around to put the subs forward. And thats it.What happened?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

You let the magic smoke out of it. Sounds like something direct shorted inside and your gonna have to buy a new deck
Juice0723

Post by Juice0723 »

why would it short inside? Is it my fault?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the part about the amps staying on is what was throwing me...
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Juice0723

Post by Juice0723 »

yeah, the deck has no lights on or anything its like when you don't even have it hooked up. But the deck keeps the amps on no matter what. If the car is on or off. Right when I put the deck wiring harness on the deck my amps come on.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Juice0723 wrote:why would it short inside? Is it my fault?
Not likely your fault at all something inside got too hot inside for some reason. Probably a result of just a bad peice that wasn't quality checked properly.
Juice0723

Post by Juice0723 »

I had this deck for about 2 years. So it just happened over time?
martinkruit

Post by martinkruit »

I have had the same thing with the Sony CDX910, i burned out two of them.

it was a heat problem, the internal power suply got to hot and exploded.

now i have two fans under the dash blowing cold air and twa fans getting rid of the heat. Very nice in winter, not so nic in summer :lol:
[img]http://phoenixphorum.com/files/phoenixg_970.gif[/img]

Mac 200
Ti 500.2 (Tube pre)
M25 )np cover)
M25, M44, M50, M100, EQ215 (chrome)
QX 2350 x 2
Bass Cube

KLW Image Enhance
KLW Kathedral
Soundstream Reference Class A 10.0
tipracer

Post by tipracer »

All decks are pre charged with smoke at the factory..Electricity is required to keep the smoke inside, once the smoke gets out the deck is no good...
whatever you do don't unhook it frome your amps, they need the electricity to keep their smoke inside... :lol:
bummer bout your deck it is so hard to find great decks now, makes me wonder is anybody going to make a new kick-a deck???
martinkruit

Post by martinkruit »

tipracer wrote:All decks are pre charged with smoke at the factory..Electricity is required to keep the smoke inside, once the smoke gets out the deck is no good...
whatever you do don't unhook it frome your amps, they need the electricity to keep their smoke inside... :lol:
bummer bout your deck it is so hard to find great decks now, makes me wonder is anybody going to make a new kick-a deck???
i dont know but for sure im going to buy one in a little while.

8)
[img]http://phoenixphorum.com/files/phoenixg_970.gif[/img]

Mac 200
Ti 500.2 (Tube pre)
M25 )np cover)
M25, M44, M50, M100, EQ215 (chrome)
QX 2350 x 2
Bass Cube

KLW Image Enhance
KLW Kathedral
Soundstream Reference Class A 10.0
Juice0723

Post by Juice0723 »

Yeah my older kenwood deck is about 7 year old and still is going strong. This newer one doesn't last as long I guess. I think I'm going to buy a new deck anyway. I was looking at the Kenwood mp5032, it has a motorized faceplate and 4V preouts. And 3 rca outputs. Thats what I like about it.