Does anyone know who owns the MPH-6300 ($99,000 amp)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
STROKD

Does anyone know who owns the MPH-6300 ($99,000 amp)

Post by STROKD »

I was just curious if this was on display at PG or if someone owned it... figured some of the gurus in here would know where it was at. :lol:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

yeah, its in the depths of PG HQ. Back when Errin worked there he led me to it where it affectionately sat covered in discarded boxes....that thing is seriously huge...pics don't do it justice
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Bfowler wrote:yeah, its in the depths of PG HQ. Back when Errin worked there he led me to it where it affectionately sat covered in discarded boxes....that thing is seriously huge...pics don't do it justice
Do you think PG would part with it? :shock: and not for their funny 99K price tag either...???
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

what's so funny about 99k? You either got it or you don't... :lol:
seandiguer

Post by seandiguer »

LOL.. they probably want more than the retail value now..lol ;)
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

yeah, its in the depths of PG HQ. Back when Errin worked there he led me to it where it affectionately sat covered in discarded boxes....that thing is seriously huge...pics don't do it justice
what would u say the sixe is, 3ft by 8ft, etc.???
kg1961
Got wood?

amp

Post by kg1961 »

holly shit really that why they will not sell it. its to big!!!lol
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/MPH6300.htm

46"L x 14.5"W x 4"H

and 115lbs.

:shock: :drool:
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
tipracer

Post by tipracer »

yeah for a real limited edition(1 of 1), factory made...$99K is not to bad
you wont find anything in the same class.
If crazy andy or that ass joma had it they would ask more like $200K...
And if i were phoenix gold, I would never sell it...no matter what happens...If the company were to close shop that thing would disappear only to magically show up in a)someones car, or b)on the bay.
I would love to hear it though..
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Yea I was just curious, since they make janky amps now, I thought they might want to get rid of what once was... for cheap, kinda like a garade sale... I'd give em about 5 grand for it, I don't have 99... hahaha :lol:
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

goodness... it looks good on picture.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

STROKD wrote:Yea I was just curious, since they make janky amps now,
riiiight. what are you basing that on?
pnyryd

Post by pnyryd »

If crazy andy or that ass joma had it they would ask more like $200K

But then it would be a one of a kind and 24k gold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ynot
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Bfowler wrote:
Comparing it to older amps SQ and power wise, and based off what the entire industry has already eluded to? PG sold out and doesn't make great amps anymore... Good ok, sure, but not MS, ZPA, or even TI great. :cry:

Plus they are ugly and bland as hell looking. Looks like some Best Buy stuff. :roll:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

STROKD wrote:Comparing it to older amps SQ and power wise, and based off what the entire industry has already eluded to? PG sold out and doesn't make great amps anymore... Good ok, sure, but not MS, ZPA, or even TI great. :cry:

Plus they are ugly and bland as hell looking. Looks like some Best Buy stuff. :roll:
Ok, I feel you on the looks... but what about the power or SQ? The amps may not look as nice as they used to, but at least they packed most of the same technology into them. They are all still triple darlington, overbuilt amplifiers. I know I've done a few gain matched A/B comparisons, and I can't tell a bloody difference between the PG high end amps I have heard.

Great amps? How about the Roadster 66? I think that's the best executed LE amp that PG has made. Classy as hell, and it comes in a slick road case to boot.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

STROKD wrote:
Bfowler wrote:
Comparing it to older amps SQ and power wise, and based off what the entire industry has already eluded to? PG sold out and doesn't make great amps anymore... Good ok, sure, but not MS, ZPA, or even TI great. :cry:

the amps use identical output design...so saying they don't have as good SQ is placebo at best. from a technology standpoint the xenon amps are the best PG has ever built.

the RSD amps have the most overbuilt power supplies since the MS amps

the return/repair numbers don't lie either as failure % rates are the LOWEST they have ever been (Ti actually holds the title as the most unreliable amp line pg has put out)

the looks aren't for everyone....but that can be fixed: :)
http://phoenixphorum.com/project-maxima ... t6495.html

the Parts and design are as high end as the have always been. they cut costs in the custom sink/case design and production...but they are just as nice sounding and powerful as they have always been.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

SNAP!!!!!!!
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Damn Son, I was told by some new school PG lovers! :o

Just heard a lot of how they sold out, went mainstream etc etc. I haven't honestly heard any huge differences from new ones since I heard they went mainstream... I also haven't A/Bed em in the same car either, so it's hard to tell from different setups etc.

I am sorry if I offended anyone. :lol: :cry:
kg1961
Got wood?

amp

Post by kg1961 »

everone can agree the old great companys pg ,soundstream, ppi,blade all sold outbut/closed its because the younger people will not pay $600 for a 25x2 amp not matter how it sounds
we have all heard the differnce
but if you have not you will not understand!!!! china is the new B/s amp show me one that could come close to a 1990 amp???
its all about the number
lol Im running 15000 watt and I can run the same thing with 800??? what up!
bigger the number better we are now told it is to be!
so not true!
just my take on it
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
STROKD

Re: amp

Post by STROKD »

mikelycka wrote:everone can agree the old great companys pg ,soundstream, ppi,blade all sold outbut/closed its because the younger people will not pay $600 for a 25x2 amp not matter how it sounds
we have all heard the differnce
but if you have not you will not understand!!!! china is the new B/s amp show me one that could come close to a 1990 amp???
its all about the number
lol Im running 15000 watt and I can run the same thing with 800??? what up!
bigger the number better we are now told it is to be!
so not true!
just my take on it
Thats because kids these days are cheap as Fu$# I had my FAS at 14, and I didn't buy ANYTHING unless it said Alpine or PG on it... I had a friend in HS get a Route 66, and a few others I converted too... If you really like tunes, there isn't anything better imo.
nick-caper
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by nick-caper »

Why 99K? Just make it an even 100K! I hate when they do that..
PG Phorum is like a box of empty chocolates. Nothing to appreciate and no satisfaction.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Damn, why all the Xenon hatin' as of late? Maybe I should bust out my Xenon "Crown Jewel". :roll:

Well put Fowler.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

It would really be interesting to see a full comparative analysis of each amplifier line's components, design and build.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:It would really be interesting to see a full comparative analysis of each amplifier line's components, design and build.
I believe Doc did an A/B comparison of the Xenon X100.2 and an M25. As a matter of fact Doc also wrote a piece on a Xenon 4 channel amp as well.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: amp

Post by stipud »

STROKD wrote:Thats because kids these days are cheap as Fu$# I had my FAS at 14, and I didn't buy ANYTHING unless it said Alpine or PG on it... I had a friend in HS get a Route 66, and a few others I converted too... If you really like tunes, there isn't anything better imo.
Damn... FAS at 14? What were you, a drug dealer? ;)

When I was 14, I could barely scrape together enough change to buy slurpees :lol: