What sub is this?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
sdsport92064

What sub is this?

Post by sdsport92064 »

:shock: The model numbers are completely wiped away.

:evil: I just got them in today and there is just no way I am fitting two of these into a Supra hatchback and retaining the rear seats.

:?: Does anyone know what models these could be? The baskets are 15" wide, from each of the edges of the surrounds they measure 13.5". You can barely make out the red double-stacked magnets in the 2nd picture.

These will definitely become trade items for me, I just can't for the life of me 3D image them in my head, into a car with only 5-6 inches of depth in the trunk and having to work around a spare tire bump.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Those are Utopias! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

USE THEM!!! Get rid of your back seats and USE THEM!!!

Those woofers are a step higher than the KXSPL i have! They where 1299Euro per piece back in 2003 and 2004 They do not build 15´s anymore! The biggest ones to get right now are 13´s
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

joerg wrote:Those are Utopias! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Those woofers are a step higher than the KXSPL i have! They where 1299Euro per piece back in 2003 and 2004 They do not build 15´s anymore! The biggest ones to get right now are 13´s
Hey Joerg, have you listened to the Access line of woofers? Ive had my eye on one for a while now.SD.... NICE DOOD!!!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Those subs were the bomb :metal:

Take the front seats out if you have to :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fit them in that car :D :D :D
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:

Hey Joerg, have you listened to the Access line of woofers? Ive had my eye on one for a while now.SD.... NICE DOOD!!!
The access line is the bottom line of Focal and i never used it because they look a little cheap compared to other products from them.
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Don't judge a book by it's cover :lol:
Those subs are incredibly accurate and will go very, very low
You really only need 1 in the car, and sell the other :roll: :D
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Crappy subs. You should sell them to me instead. :)
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

stipud wrote:Crappy subs. You should sell them to me instead. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sdsport92064

Post by sdsport92064 »

Take them. I can't use them. I just need a DD5, and a... and a...
sdsport92064

Post by sdsport92064 »

Any idea what the model number would be, so I could research box size, etc.?
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

joerg wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:

The access line is the bottom line of Focal and i never used it because they look a little cheap compared to other products from them.
Ize po tho! Im jobless at the moment and Focals ENTRY :wink: level is far superior to most others high end that are on the market. I dont have 5g's to spend on the Utopia 3 way, if I did they would be in my car right now :D
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

sdsport92064 wrote:Any idea what the model number would be, so I could research box size, etc.?
I´ll try to get u the parameters of those woofers! :wink:
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

sdsport92064 wrote:Take them. I can't use them. I just need a DD5, and a... and a...
Sure! I'll even pay for shipping! Really, you should be PAYING me to take them, but that's just the kinda guy I am. ;)
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

they do look like the first one that were made wonder if the spec are differnt then the 38wx?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
sdsport92064

Post by sdsport92064 »

With the amount of physical space these things take up, heck yeah I'll pay you to ship them out of here. Can you pay to ship me over a DD5 and some replacement subs and a Lanzar Opti 500 to run them?

I don't even know what I'm talking about, my car is still at a tuner getting worked on, unknown time-frame, I don't even have a car to put these things in right now.

Jim Truett has some of my amps, more are on the way, a blown one is inbound with a routing number right to Jim's dining room table, this install is a complete disaster, I still have NO 3-way crossover, still trying to dump the Sony ES processor.

Car stereo is dumb.
sdsport92064

Post by sdsport92064 »

Oh, forgot, had a couple of people ask. Amazingly enough, these things have never been installed, the gasket surrounding the... surround is untouched, the metal ring has no evidence of screws top or bottom, so they are virgin Focal's.

Apparently, I cannot fit two 15" virgins in my car, therefore I am less of a man than I thought I was just 2 minutes ago.

Damnit!!!!!!!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

15" or 15yrs old :shock: :twisted:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
sdsport92064

Post by sdsport92064 »

joerg wrote:
sdsport92064 wrote:Any idea what the model number would be, so I could research box size, etc.?
I´ll try to get u the parameters of those woofers! :wink:
Everything I'm reading says ported enclosure. I'd rather not have some port mouth blasting up onto a rear hatch window. I think these bad boys are overkill as it is, and I was never into bass. I really want to stick with a sealed box. Any idea what the recommended size would be on that?

Assuming of course I use them. Still not very likely but they're the only subs I own right now and satisfy my old-school, not-commonly used retro theme I've got going on right now.

Although, I guess a DD5 is technically cheating since it didn't exist back then.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

U only have to go with a ported enclosure if u want to hit real low frequencies! Take a 40l to 45l sealed enclosure and a M100 bridged for each of them and u´ll be fine! I had two 38l sealed enclosure at my 38t´s from focal and they sounded better then the HCCA15D in a 75l ported enclosure! 8)
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

if you are looking for something that works in a small sealed box from the way back machine i would keep my eye out for some old round kicker solo-baric subs n.i.b. hiding somewhere. i remember most of the oldschool subs performing well in big ported boxes? what other subs liked little sealed boxes back in the day? ...the 15s ive played with have always been a little slow sounding. the focals are top of the line, but they are still a 15... my 2cents anyway
dry with match
denim

Post by denim »

I have always found those radial motor designs attractive. :)
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

it is possible those TS are wrong. These are for the Audiomobile 38 V (it's from around 2000, is the implication)

Ø 32,5 cm
Sd 829,58 cm²
Xmax 9 mm
Fs 22,25 Hz
Qes 0,29
Qms 7,2
Qts 0,28
Vas 347 L
Re 3,4 Ohm
Mms 141,7 g
Bl 15,5 T.m
Le 2,85 mH

and they say 60-100 sealed.

But I honestly can't tell from the limited pics I can find ... except that the connections are on opposite sides of the spider...
http://213.214.31.38/focal_jmlab/Focal_ ... lframe.htm

modelling it, that will drop like a mofo in 80l. Wow. Flat down to 20Hz in car. May not be completely correct, but...

Bret
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

I can't say for sure on that sub. But in my days as a Focal dealer, the only series 'designed' specifically for sealed enclosures were the Polyglass series.

So I guess if ported is not what you want then Tom will be happy :P
Greg Kitching
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

pm sent on a focal