15F Powercore DOA

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I did not manage to have the time to open my PCs when I was home.

But I'll be back again friday, with a week off - so I'll try to open them and post some (bad?) pics...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nice... those look like they will be a decent fit. Just going to have to make some buss bars to fit the shorter ends. The caps do seem to be better than the originals though!
trl2112

Post by trl2112 »

I got my unit this week! It arrived unharmed.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

http://phoenixphorum.com/post124452.html#124452

Here's my PC's for internal views...

I also need a DD10...
TiEcs

Post by TiEcs »

Got mine too !!
Thanks Matt
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

has anyone removed and replaced yet?

I havent had time, but curious to know thats all.

m
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Ok well I got my powercore about 5 years ago and it was a store demo never hooked up to power I only got it because a friend at the store traded me it a $50 dtv with a hacked card system. It has been in the box in my closet since the day I got it. Today I took it apart to put on the aluminum cover I got from chris.Here are the pics of the guts and just wondering if I got lucky or if it is eventually going to fail.

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Looks giggity-giggity-good to me. Praise jeebus :cheers:
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

ooh...a glimmer of hope! I'm finally going to get mine out of storage in up in Utah sometime next week. I've been worried about cracking it open for an inspection for months now. Wish me luck!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

HEY GUYS!

I will post pic's later today / this weekend... but I wanted to share with you folks the ease of replacing the module.

AND the fact that the copper piece that is needed to connect the positive input to the module/cap, I had ordered a couple copper flat bar's and made up some extra pieces for those wishing to convert theirs over as well. I am willing to send out to anyone that would like one to save you the time and trouble of sourcing or cutting/drilling, etc... the ones i made up will be all be pre-drilled and cut to spec's for the swap.

It is/was really an easy trasition... in fact the neg was merely bending the lower part/portion of copper piece that is there now around to the other side and reeming out the hole just a lil that connects to the relay; becasue it didnt reach the way it is now... but with a lil reeming out with a drill allowed for the movement needed to reach the hole on the neg lead.

SO basically and trying to keep this simple and sweet (in lieu of posting pictures) is merely bending the neg just so, so it would connect to the neg leg from the module, and simply adding the copper extension i made up of which I can ship out to anyone that would like one. just cover shipping (if ends up being over a couple of bucks) I know i could prolly get one to TRL for just .44. But the overseas is what i am thinking of, but shouldnt be more than a buck or two.

Anyhow... just letting folks know that mine has been completely swapped out, and it was not hard at all.
AND that i have made up a few copper extensions that are needed to reach the pos terminal leg on the module for folks that would like/need/want.

HAS ANYONE else done theirs yet?

m
TiEcs

Post by TiEcs »

Not done yet.

But I'm intrested in the parts you made.
Can you PM me the price to ship to Belgium?

Thanks again Mr. M
trl2112

Post by trl2112 »

I have not done anything with mine yet. I would be interested in the part Matt. Let me know,

Thanks!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

just to let you guys know... my primary computer at house is not booting up, so i am on back up in back room, and not sure what i have available for resources on this one to do pictures... cords, card readers, etc... so until i can get the primary to boot, i am not sure what i can post for pics and stuff.

this sucks. blue screen flashes real quick and goes to that option screen:

Reboot under last known configuration, or safe mode options and all that BS...
so that is a major concern for me right now
(AND WHATS MORE JOERGS PACKAGE THAT DIDNT SHOW UP TODAY- that was "out for delivery" on UPS truck- the shrouded 2250) so a lil stressed about that too... but as soon as I can I will post pics and see about getting pieces out to those that would like
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

I forgot to post the results of the inspection of my own powercore. Fortunately it was good to go! It's another five year old cap that has never been used so I was a bit surprised but very relieved. One detail to note was that it had the shorter, rounded tabs like the replacement caps you guys tracked down so I wonder if that is an indicator of some sort of revision?
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^^ interesting ^^^^ maybe a promising discovery...

so to continue the thought of the swapping of modules. I am a little surprised as to the number of pictures i actually took/have, as i thought i took many more... maybe i did and just saved them somewhere else. but here is what I got.

The piece i cut and have extras of, i can also include a couple of the nuts/bolts as well... but those are pretty easily sourced, and would only add to weight, not by much, but just quoted envelope to Belgium and it was only 1.00. so overseas (outside US people) dont worry about it if you end up wanting one, it's only a buck or so...

the neg connection OEM is bent and facing outwards/towards you (facing the cap), but with the shorter tab, you want to simply bend that 180* and have it pointing away from you... and on the pos, simply get a couple nuts/bolts that fit... i will dbl check, but think they were 1/4" x 5/16" (maybe vise-versa.. but here is what it looks like...
PLEASE ALSO NOTICE that I also placed some high-temp foam strips just the same as it/there was some on the original module... think to reduce slippage.- but had some left over from making clamp bars for the cousin of frank, so i kept consistent with that...but...
Attachments
IMG_9934.JPG
IMG_9934.JPG (172.43 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
IMG_9933.JPG
IMG_9933.JPG (173.58 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
IMG_9932.JPG
IMG_9932.JPG (97.39 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
IMG_9931.JPG
IMG_9931.JPG (137.55 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
IMG_9930.JPG
IMG_9930.JPG (179.85 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

and here is final unit/project -
Brand new Module,
Brand new Aluminum cover and base PC-15

I decided not to return the steel Ti-piece that sits atop of module and just underneath the cover... and seen through the air vents on top.... just decided against it. Might try to source some aluminum sheet and get cut and brush it and clear coat it... but if you ask me it's just not worth the time, as I just dont have the time.
AND/BUT kinda liked the looks of it with out better... more of some contrast involved with the darker air slits/vents versus seeing the steel under there- plus it felt it would be kinda "not following suit" to have a steel module cover piece on an Aluminum PC
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

and here is final unit/project -
Brand new Module,
Brand new Aluminum cover and base PC-15

I decided not to return the steel Ti-piece that sits atop of module and just underneath the cover... and seen through the air vents on top.... just decided against it. Might try to source some aluminum sheet and get cut and brush it and clear coat it... but if you ask me it's just not worth the time, as I just dont have the time.
AND/BUT kinda liked the looks of it with out better... more of some contrast involved with the darker air slits/vents versus seeing the steel under there- plus it felt it would be kinda "not following suit" to have a steel module cover piece on an Aluminum PC
Attachments
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg (119.04 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg (140.68 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
IMG_0149.jpg
IMG_0149.jpg (149.3 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg (141.45 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

need address'es of the guys who would like to have that small, precut and drilled, copper piece to those who want me to mail one to them

m
TiEcs

Post by TiEcs »

Matt,
did you receive my PM with adres?
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

anyone :shock: want to sell me one that has had the changed core?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

TiEcs wrote:Matt,
did you receive my PM with adres?
hey bret- shoot me your addy once again I cleaned out my inbox and TBH i completely spaced it- Totally forgot about that- SO SO SORRY about that- i gotta find where i put those- I have more copper bar too so either way- but yeah shoot me your addy again and will get it out this week for you.

Sorry bret for delay- been distracted a bunch lately

m
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hmm I guess I need one of these too :)
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

thats cool- i have three already made :oops: just need to find where i left those- they were in my jacket to ship out like next day at work a few weeks back- but not in there now..but / again, LIS, i have more bar to fab some more up- simple/easy 10 minute task.

Would like to do for you guys as it would really make it nice and easy to swap out following the steps/instructions I posted up above.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I might need some plates aswell..

I also need a DD10...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

found them... will prepare in next day or two...