cyclone bearings....yeah they are bad

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bogart

cyclone bearings....yeah they are bad

Post by bogart »

Ok...so here is the latest issue with the cyclones on this end....the front bearing is toast and the entire front assembly wiggles enough to make the worst noise I've ever heard from a speaker.

so Steve and I pulled it apart and the bearing in the front is hanging there in pieces....there are some signs of serious heat in there as well...white wires are o
all brown and the white ceramic looks blackened....steve is going to put picks up when he gets home so you can see...so what do you guys think...where can we get the replacement parts?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

lol....um...another cyclone?

i dont think pg has had parts for years.

maybe find something that isnt a cyclone specific part?

pics of the bearings?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
bogart

Post by bogart »

Steve is gonna post the pics this evening....I tried getting pg on the phone and I may as well be yelling at the moon thru a frigging tin can. I have gotten word today that they are talking about selling to stinger....that is from an insider or I should say a friend there of...been expecting it really.

I may just be able to go get bearings for it...we fixed one and it is great...no rattling or any of that...but this one is fubared...you should come look at it... :bong: ....let me know what you think and check out steves box...
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

yep...i was there today and heard the same :( they have about 10 people in the while building

im up for that! i dont know where you guys are at though!
bogart

Post by bogart »

1166 se haig street...right off of milwaulkie ave...I am three blocks from the aladin and live right behind the brooklyn park pub...big blue house
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

ah! well shit, i was just near there getting coffee!.

not sure if i can pull that off this afternoon.
bogart

Post by bogart »

whenever...know you are welcome
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Worst case scenario I think Joerg has a clone motor for parts.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Cool...I'll talk to Joerg....I'll have pictures in a few. I am also working on contacting the seller on ebay that has two....to see what he wants for one.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Pictures here:

ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

TALKING about selling? I thought they had that conversation already..........
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

whats up,

look up "BOCA" bearings...they do alot of R/C stuff but have any size and grade of bearing you can possibly think of! this looks like a good candidate for FULL ceramic bearings (full sheilded)!!! 8)..

They cost several time's the norm..I'd say about 15-30 each but they last along time and they require NO lube! it makes perfect since to minimize the friction of the motor assy,and it might increase the sensitivity of the motor???Im sure it could be measured with a dmm or o-scope..... checkem out... they sell them on fleabay for cheap aswell.. :wink:
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

freshkryp69 wrote:whats up,

look up "BOCA" bearings...they do alot of R/C stuff but have any size and grade of bearing you can possibly think of! this looks like a good candidate for FULL ceramic bearings (full sheilded)!!! 8)..

They cost several time's the norm..I'd say about 15-30 each but they last along time and they require NO lube! it makes perfect since to minimize the friction of the motor assy,and it might increase the sensitivity of the motor???Im sure it could be measured with a dmm or o-scope..... checkem out... they sell them on fleabay for cheap aswell.. :wink:
Links!?
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

it looks EXACTLY like the bearings I use on the end of my router. They are available in different shank sizes.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

i have a clone available for parts...

If interested
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Yes sir! send me pictures...and a price!?
Whats the condition? or whats wrong with it?
thanks! :)
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

Wakeup wrote:Yes sir! send me pictures...and a price!?
Whats the condition? or whats wrong with it?
thanks! :)
give me just a brief moment i am in mid of something outside, but will send/post pic's here in short moment...
150.00 is exactly what I paid for it, plus shipping costs from west coast.
So 175 shipped i guess would be my asking, as that is what i have into it. I bought it thinking i could use parts off it to fix another that I have, but i didnt need to, it only needed to be cleaned and do not need any parts off of this one in question. SO you are welcome to it for what I am into it for. (?)
BUT with that said, is has everything even the broken vane which is primary reason it does not want to work, the vane is broken / paddle fell off... prolly could use a cleaning if you were to make that work.
But all parts are there. plexi is good/clean, terminals, motor, bearings, housing(s), etc... should be all good to go! PIC'S IN SHORT BIT
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Great...pictures would be great. I am not sure 175 is in my price range...but will definitly like to see pictures...

there's one on the bay...it works...probably needs a good cleaning has a CRACK in the plexi, and I could pick that one up a little bit cheaper...so not sure...I dont want a cracked plexi...but I want one that is easily repaired etc. So after I see pictures of yours....I'll make a decision.
Just giving you the heas up.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

Here's pic's:
comes with OEM box and OEM Packaging. Plexi looks great, maybe some goo-be gone or somethign on the edge as the plexi has once been removed from the clone and separated from the black face plate. Nothing that has or is damaged with respect to that... just that Joerg was explaining to me how to go about removing the plexi and so he showed me in person on this piece. SOOO it will be an easy removal process for you as the grunt work that has already been done.

Here are some quicky pic's for your review, if you would like to see more or of somethign specific please dont hesitate.

does come w/ OEM box/packaging which is nice to the fact i guess. I'll even toss in a couple extra Cyclone sticker/decals for you if you would like.

Speaking of which- did you guys get the metal parts in??? and opened all up??
Attachments
IMG_8096.JPG
IMG_8096.JPG (158.13 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8097.JPG
IMG_8097.JPG (186.84 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8098.JPG
IMG_8098.JPG (161.48 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8102.JPG
IMG_8102.JPG (185.86 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8103.JPG
IMG_8103.JPG (175.84 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8104.JPG
IMG_8104.JPG (160.48 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8105.JPG
IMG_8105.JPG (154.46 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8106.JPG
IMG_8106.JPG (180 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8108.JPG
IMG_8108.JPG (177.42 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8109.JPG
IMG_8109.JPG (149.48 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
IMG_8110.JPG
IMG_8110.JPG (168.65 KiB) Viewed 9234 times
bogart

Post by bogart »

hey...we did get the metal stuff...super cool matt. we just went thru all if it yesterday....

so is the only issue with this one the fins are off and it needs cleaning or what? I've got steves all the way broke down now and got the compression bearing off...now to find a new one.

it would be pretty easy to get those back on....they used some greenish glue to but em on and to set the ends of the actual drive tube they sit on...I had to pop the entire shaft out to remove the bearing without messing the blades up...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

so is the only issue with this one the fins are off and it needs cleaning or what?
The vane/paddle is broken... what caused it>??> I dunno, maybe trying to run it when it needed a cleaning or just foul play with someone's hands/fingers...? I dunno.. but the plexi and top plate as mentioned is what Joerg and I pulled off to look more closer at the vane, but did no harm to it by removing the top plate. But what I am leading up to is that we never took off the back/terminal end to go inside to motor and stuff... but when we did take off the face plate it looed pretty/very clean under there.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

I might could also either provide or do the PG Swoosh Artwork on the plexi for you guys, or do this one and provide a couple extra decals for you to the other one so there are two matching swoosh plexi's.. dunno just a thought. willing to help out best I can, just wanting to get what I have into it...

OR I might even be able to do the "Phoenix Gold" logo layout ... it'll be difficult with the curvature of the plexi, but certainly quite posssible, but until i actually start getting into trying to do it, i wont be able to say for sure.
bogart

Post by bogart »

hey, i can fix that easy....if steve doesnt pick this up I just may well in the next week or two. As far as cleaning em that is simple and as near as I can tell there isn't much to these as far as what can actually break mechanicaly...lets see what he does....