RSDC10's

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Misfire

RSDC10's

Post by Misfire »

I am considering using 10's in my install. I have an old JL audio fiberglass tube that hold 4 tens face to face in a clam shell design. I used to have 4 JL audio 10w4?? powered by an M50, some of the tightest bass I have ever owned. I was just wondering if I could run PG RSDC10's with this shell. Now if I can find that dam camera chord I could send some pictures.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hmm... sounds interesting. Got any pics of it?

As long as the holes all line up, any box should work in theory. However, a tuned box may end up sounding bloated on one sub, but just right on another. So we really need more info before we can advise you either way.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Here's what the shell looks like. With the JL's, the shell was in a sealed enclosure. It looks awesome with 2 of the ten's mounted downward. I think it will work... Oh, since it is fiber glass... I will be repainting it to match the color scheme I choose.
Attachments
4x10 shell1.jpg
4x10 shell1.jpg (41.43 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
4x10 shell2.jpg
4x10 shell2.jpg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

As long as the cutout diameter is alright, then I can't see why it wouldn't work!

You might need to space the woofers apart though... they have a lot of excursion and I can't imagine having them slapping against each other would be a good idea.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Slapping would be bad. But wired correctly they move together. Very clean.