PG Update ??

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bruther

PG Update ??

Post by bruther »

Does anyone know whats going on with PG of late......I don't get any responses from emails that I send. I heard they were coming out with a new line this spring and ....well its past spring. Are they still in business?
Does anyone know anything?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Word through the grapevine... most employees have left, or been laid off. Only a skeleton crew remains. I think they are looking to be sold now. Rumor has it, Stinger was the most likely candidate.

It's too bad, because apparently they have a pallet of brand new gear waiting at a dock that they can't afford to pay for. RSD has been the most exciting speaker line to date, so it pains me to think that there may be RSD Competition components sitting in there :cry:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

werd................
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

remember that "perfect amp" thread... lets all pitch in and buy PG, put our ideas, talent, and expirience in effect... and make it happen...
"Phorum Gold"
Say, anyone think they would take a check for the acquisition of PG ???

:shock: :lol: :cry:
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

OK I just typed a huge angry post and had to erase it. I made myself sound ignorant. I really just want to say FUCK a bunch of times. Anyway, what do you think PG is worth. You think maybe everyone on here could buy some shares and take a chance. Rodin can own half and we as a group could own half. I would chip in all I could. It's risky, maybe suicide, but what if. They are moving in the right direction. PG needs some news spokespersons, they need to get their name back in the circuit. I dunno. Im depressed. :cry:
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

FUCK
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

mhyde71 wrote:remember that "perfect amp" thread... lets all pitch in and buy PG, put our ideas, talent, and expirience in effect... and make it happen...
"Phorum Gold"
Say, anyone think they would take a check for the acquisition of PG ???

:shock: :lol: :cry:
Might want to talk to this guy:
http://phoenixphorum.com/the-perfect-am ... 10483.html

I think he would be stoked to buy it :lol:
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

A car audio company owned by several enthusiasts? Almost crazy enough to work. :)
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

like a bar owned by alcoholic
pharmacy by drug addict
or child daycare center by pedo

what's more?
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Count me in for $50 towards buying PG...
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

ok lets do this JOMA style. Everyone that has an amp laying around they dont care about chrome spray paint it and put it on ebay for like $3000 as a rare one of a kind. That should raise some money. :wink:
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

If they would sell cheap like adire than we would actually have a chance.
longboard

Post by longboard »

wasnt pg sold for like $1 the last time!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I can't figure out why pg can't start making thier old shit that everybody still wants to buy........
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I'd be in for around $50-100
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

Are PG's amp designs patented?
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

scottn29 wrote:Are PG's amp designs patented?
I would guess so....otherwise there'd be a ton of copy cat amps out there....
especially from the Asian countries...
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

ttocs wrote:I can't figure out why pg can't start making thier old shit that everybody still wants to buy........
Probably because of the market....and the way items are selling....

Bling sells....small sells....price sells....

So unfortunately to manufacture some of the old school PG gear, it would cost them probably the same if not MORE...(due to inflation over the past......especially with the cost of GOLD.....going up...) They dont have to pay for the R&D anymore...but the cost still....would not be cheap.
So....unfortunately the fan base may seem large to us, but how many of us would want to buy say the MS series 15'th anniversary or amps at retail price? Say an MS1000 15th anniversary? That retailed for what? (I am not sure...gonna guess $1499.)

The average buyer would say F that....gimmie the JL 1000/1 for $900.

Grant it the MS1k 15th might be better or is better etc...but unfortunately due to cost...it puts PG out of the market for new commers these days.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

believe Roland (on here) owns/controls the zpa patent (maybe more)... or someone around here thought i saw it being brought up), but I do think it is Roland.. maybe he'll chime in if around...
But they are to expire here shorlty.. Not shortly shortly.. but in the scheme of things what 2/3/4/5 years from now they'll be expired- wont they? UNLESS the owners go to re-register the patent
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

mhyde71 wrote:believe Roland (on here) owns/controls the zpa patent (maybe more)... or someone around here thought i saw it being brought up), but I do think it is Roland.. maybe he'll chime in if around...
But they are to expire here shorlty.. Not shortly shortly.. but in the scheme of things what 2/3/4/5 years from now they'll be expired- wont they? UNLESS the owners go to re-register the patent
Not me, I'm just a worker bee. Maybe Roland Macbeth (former PG pres) but I have no idea.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

mmmm :) Rsd competition components....
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

rolandk wrote:
mhyde71 wrote:believe Roland (on here) owns/controls the zpa patent (maybe more)... or someone around here thought i saw it being brought up), but I do think it is Roland.. maybe he'll chime in if around...
Not me, I'm just a worker bee. Maybe Roland Macbeth (former PG pres) but I have no idea.
yeah maybe roland mcbeth... or OSGuru Dunno but do recall seeing/reading that thread..
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Do people even get into car audio anymore? I know I bought a new car almost a year ago and I haven't even thought about putting anything in it.
But in my beater car, that's a different story. I've ridden around for a year without the dash on because I haven't gone out to buy a mounting adapter for my HU! :lol:
Boomshackalacka
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Francious70 wrote:Do people even get into car audio anymore? I know I bought a new car almost a year ago and I haven't even thought about putting anything in it.
But in my beater car, that's a different story. I've ridden around for a year without the dash on because I haven't gone out to buy a mounting adapter for my HU! :lol:
you are just a slacker!

i couldn't fathom owning any vehicle without upgrading everything.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Haha, my wife keeps begging for a little bump in the trunk (of the car, mind you). Really you are right. I am a lazy, lazy man.
Boomshackalacka