Anyone know anything about ribbon cables?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
trckydve

Anyone know anything about ribbon cables?

Post by trckydve »

This is out of my CD player. It connects to the CD mechanism therefor it won't even acknowledge that there is a CD in. I need to find a replacement but I'm not sure how to even search for it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Image[/img]
Jim Truett

Post by Jim Truett »

Post the model specifics of the unit and I might be able to help.
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

It is a RF RFX-9420
Jim Truett

Post by Jim Truett »

From their site:

To obtain parts on any Rockford Fosgate product, please call our Customer Service line at 1-800-669-9899 (U.S. & Canada only). Please have the product in front of you when you call so we can obtain the Serial Number and Model Number from the product.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I can find references to distributors with that cable but I dunno about individual/consumer purchase.

http://www.1sourcecomponents.com/partin ... C-VW-1.htm

and here's one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-DV6000-E118077 ... 414664c496

Same marking but I dunno about length.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Whats wrong with the cable you have?
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

Jim Truett - I've called and they sold all their parts for these decks years ago.

fuzzysnuggleduck - I don't think those will work because they say they are 12-pin and mine is a 14-pin

rolandk - It has gotten ripped somehow (you can see on the bottom) I've tried everything I know how to fix it. I took apart an identical deck I have in another car and replaced it. It worked perfect so I know that this is the problem.

Thanks guys for your responses.

I don't know, maybe these cables were made specifically for these decks. I was just hoping that it would be a simple matter to find a replacement or that they very common. Wishful thinking, I know. :roll:
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Is that one conductor burnt? If so, you have bigger problems than the ribbon cable. Post a pic of the ends.
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

It doesn't look burnt to me, but I could be wrong. It is much more damaged now that I've messed with it. Also it's possible that I could have damaged it myself a while back when I put a new CD mechanism in.

Here are a couple of pics. It's hard to get a good pic of this little thing.

jack1999

Re: Anyone know anything about ribbon cables?

Post by jack1999 »

I hope that https://www.heisener.com/ will help you solve your problems and find the answers you are looking for.
megawatt

Re: Anyone know anything about ribbon cables?

Post by megawatt »

Hi, This reply may be a little late but I just joined and seen your request, I do not see the picture but have repaired many CD players and cables etc, contact consumer parts at the following e-mail and they can find you a cable: [email protected],