Some PG literature from mid-90's (images)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Haakon

Some PG literature from mid-90's (images)

Post by Haakon »

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum - and I have to say I'm really amazed with all the knowledge, helpfullness of the members and all the cool PG gear still taken great care of :)

I found some old newsletters from the norwegian PG distributor in the nineties and I took some pictures of the most interesting PG material (sorry, no scanner at the moment), thought I might share it with you :)

Text and prices are in norwegian so feel free to ask for translation if there is something special you wanna know about :)
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

The images (let me know if I should resize them, I went for high resolution)

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hei hei Haakon. Welcome to the forum. That is a good Norwegian name! We've got several other Norwegians here too, so you are in good company :)

That Visit with PG article is awesome!
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

Hei hei stipud :) I actually visited Pedi a few days ago, he lives just 30min away. Sold him my bass cube (cardboard) box, hehe.. But seeing just a small bit of his cool PG stuff inspired me to pull out my old car audio magazines and literature from storage in the attic :)
marko

Post by marko »

wow! look at the m25, proper prototype thing!

great stuff there, shame i can't understand a word of it :lol:
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

funny that a v1 m25 with a differnt speaker plug
I love the outlaw car
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
marko

Post by marko »

and the front is squarer and also main cables don't have a common grommet like a production model...
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

look at the power rating for the m50 bridged 140w
I new the m25 v1 was 80 watts but never seen anything about a v1 m50
2020 honda accord sport
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Thank you - infinity

I've always wanted to see a pic of the MPH6300 and there it is, my first glimpse.

Now if only I could understand what the hell was written.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

makes you wonder were is that outlaw car now? suprised Tristan didn't own it...lol
2020 honda accord sport
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

No problem smgreen20 :) Actually the text says nothing more about the MPH6300 than its the worlds largest and most expensive amp (guess that is still true, 16 years later :) ), but the coolest/most interesting thing is the big highend indoor power amp at the opposite page. This was brought to a electronics convention and was presented as a new highend power amp - connected to a pair of very expensive home speakers. It got great reviews for its teriffic sound and power, after which they opened the case to reveal a small MS275 laying in the bottom of the huge cabinet :P
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

That outlaw car was built in Denmark, and they toured it around scandinavia when it was newly built. I remember seeing and HEARING it in Bergen in 1996, it was the first real (audio) showcar I had ever seen. Made quite an impression :p I guess contacting HiFi Klubben in Denmark would be the easiest way of tracking it down :)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

that picture of larry and keith is great! they looks so young! thanks for posting em!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
bogart

Post by bogart »

welcome and that is cool as shit....gotta find out more on that niffty outlaw install!!!!!
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

I think I have some pictures of it that I took myself back in the day somewhere.. Cool that you all liked the images :) Ive been into car audio just about from when these things were new, I remember seeing a Frank amp'n Stein mounted on the wall in a PG dealer here in '93. I actually got that one newsletter with the factory tour that day in that shop. Still have it 16 years later :)

What do you want to know about the Outlaw car? I remember it vividly :) The picture of it is kinda dark, but I you haven't made it out, it has 4 outlaw amps layered :) And the trigger on the guns in the doors worked as actual door handles/openers :)
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

By the way, I also pulled out my old magazine collection from storage, here is just some of it (american mags).

I haven't begun to read them yet, but I bet there is alot of PG tests, ads and systems featured in here. Should I post it here maybe?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

That looks familiar to me! HEHE :roll:
Attachments
SOFAS.jpg
SOFAS.jpg (18.9 KiB) Viewed 6747 times
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Haakon wrote:I think I have some pictures of it that I took myself back in the day somewhere.. Cool that you all liked the images :) Ive been into car audio just about from when these things were new, I remember seeing a Frank amp'n Stein mounted on the wall in a PG dealer here in '93. I actually got that one newsletter with the factory tour that day in that shop. Still have it 16 years later :):)
Too bad you did not join me into the house, instead of just my garage... I might show you some more nice stuff... (f.ex. the Frank, and the two son of Franks that I have - and maybe f.ex. a NIB black MS1000...??? Heyy... You might even want to se my growing M-series collection aswell?)
Haakon wrote:What do you want to know about the Outlaw car? I remember it vividly :) The picture of it is kinda dark, but I you haven't made it out, it has 4 outlaw amps layered :) And the trigger on the guns in the doors worked as actual door handles/openers :)
I remember that car aswell, I was there when they released it in Stavanger. It was stunning - totally amazing. They had the car standing for visual purpose only for a short while first. Then they played a song with no bass at all in the beginning... That was kinda fun, but suddenly the music started to produce some bass tones... God damn, I thought the car would explode.... I was stunned.. The car had so nice bass, that I almost fell apart....

Too bad that was a period of life when digital cameras was not on the market...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Haakon wrote:Hei hei stipud :) I actually visited Pedi a few days ago, he lives just 30min away. Sold him my bass cube (cardboard) box, hehe.. But seeing just a small bit of his cool PG stuff inspired me to pull out my old car audio magazines and literature from storage in the attic :)
I guess you might be hooked on PG like me soon??

If you come to visit me again, I might get to turn you over to the "good side" of the car stereo world :wink:

I will never give up, Old School PG forever, hehe..

I also need a DD10...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I don't have enough room to lay all of mine out like that but here on the top shelf is 99 issues total from various mags like PAS, AS&S, car sound and road gear.

Here's 156 issues of CA&E, every issue sense Nov '94

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

Pedi wrote:
I guess you might be hooked on PG like me soon??

If you come to visit me again, I might get to turn you over to the "good side" of the car stereo world :wink:

I will never give up, Old School PG forever, hehe..
Haha, that might be the case, for now its Old School Soundstream for me.
I am never getting rid of my us made DaVinci and SPL160 :D

Maybe I'll start with your MPS2500 and take it from there :)
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Good idea, Haakon...

I also need a DD10...
phonixx
100th Member

Post by phonixx »

Great to see those Hi-Fi klubben magazines Haakon, I also was in Stavanger when they had the Outlaw Car there and it sure did a solid impression :D
Wonder if it was the same show they pluged those 5 Strokers directly into 220Volts@50Hz or was that some other time? I`m sure it was on the same parkingroof.

I also started with Car audio in the early 90`s first with a Denon DCA800 then it was PG and Celestion for all the money. Still have my 2 MS275 but my 4 Celestion AD12 is sold to Pedi.

Its also nice with old SS. It was like 2 camps back in those days...... either you joined the SS\JBL\Neby camp or you joined the Celestion\PG\Hi-FI-klubben camp... No chance in hell you could like both of them, they where more like dog and cat, :D

Bjørnar
Haakon

Post by Haakon »

phonixx, I actually have 2 copies of the magazine with the outlaw car in it. Guess thats hard currency on this forum, hehe :) I didn't buy my first Soundstream amp until Hi-Fi Klubben began distribution/sale of Soundstream, when they had both SS and PG at the same time. I actually bought a PG Cyclone, SS Davinci and Boston pro 6.43 3-way components at the same time, and upgraded the midbasses to PG 8 inchers in the doors. All this in a VW Polo :)

Where at the west coast are you located? I live in Stord island :)
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

phonixx wrote:
Wonder if it was the same show they pluged those 5 Strokers directly into 220Volts@50Hz or was that some other time? I`m sure it was on the same parkingroof.
Yeah, I was asking myself the same question, but cannot remember either..
phonixx wrote:I also started with Car audio in the early 90`s first with a Denon DCA800 then it was PG and Celestion for all the money. Still have my 2 MS275 but my 4 Celestion AD12 is sold to Pedi.
Thanks... :wink:
phonixx wrote:Its also nice with old SS. It was like 2 camps back in those days...... either you joined the SS\JBL\Neby camp or you joined the Celestion\PG\Hi-FI-klubben camp... No chance in hell you could like both of them, they where more like dog and cat, :D
Yeah, I agree... Glad that I did join the "right" camp, hehe...

I also need a DD10...