Cyclone Infinite Baffle?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dgoodhue

Cyclone Infinite Baffle?

Post by dgoodhue »

I am pretty sure my next car is going have a trunk (sedan). I don't want box to take up all the trunk. Can I run a Cyclone as infinite baffle in the trunk or just use conventional subs and use my Cyclone in my Home theater?

I figure I would need to make a wall and seal up the trunk chamber from the interior chamber. How tight does the seal need to be? Would I have to use silicon on all the edges and removing all the interior peiece or is snugly fit good enough? Or is this just a bad idea?
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Cyclones are ideal for IB.

Though where did you get the idea that running IB saves trunk space? To do it properly you need to completely seal your trunk from your cab, which will take quite a bit of space. And it's not removable like a simple box install either...
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

stipud wrote:Cyclones are ideal for IB.

Though where did you get the idea that running IB saves trunk space? To do it properly you need to completely seal your trunk from your cab, which will take quite a bit of space. And it's not removable like a simple box install either...
I don't mind losing some trunk space, but with an Outlaw and 3.5+ ft^3 box its going take up most of it of what will be a small sedan's trunk.
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That's true, I suppose a Cyclone box is going to be more intrusive than IB... with conventional subs it's probably the opposite.

If you are really concerned about trunk space I recommend an RSDC10. All it needs is 0.6cuft (box is smaller than a Cyclone itself) and it's quite a powerful little bugger.
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

stipud wrote:That's true, I suppose a Cyclone box is going to be more intrusive than IB... with conventional subs it's probably the opposite.

If you are really concerned about trunk space I recommend an RSDC10. All it needs is 0.6cuft (box is smaller than a Cyclone itself) and it's quite a powerful little bugger.
I own a Cyclone and I have always wanted to use one in an install. Its either going in my next car or into my home stereo. I have had it for a few year now and have yet to use it. I just haven't had many car that I can use it in.
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

Use it in your home stereo...TRUST ME!

You may have to bolt things to the wall though if you build the right box. LOL
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]