MS2125 10th A. edition. Need chip part number. Thanks :-)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I believe, and don't quote me on this, repairs are still done on location but the repair staff is no longer PG full time staff, but contracted instead.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I believe, and don't quote me on this, repairs are still done on location but the repair staff is no longer PG full time staff, but contracted instead.
That is correct and would be me :)

PG 12V has been officially sold to AAMP of America as of July 20th. Rodin will continue on in Portland with Audiosource.
yuzathecloud

Post by yuzathecloud »

...I asked PG support to indicate me the official repairer for North Italy but... no answer to my mail (that was read by several days, I've the receipit)... It's a shame... PG and Soundstream were my "Best of" for car amps...

Let's see the incoming news...

I miss my 2125 sooooooo much... :(
yuzathecloud

Post by yuzathecloud »

no way... even with the P/N of the chip it seems impossible to repair it without electrical scheme of the amp.

and PG doesn't answer... my retailer says they haven't assistance now here in italy... how can I do? ...desolation in me...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Try to contact mandrops in germany! They are still doing repairs on phoenix gold amps as i just sent a MS1000 there!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

PM RolandK... maybe he can get a chip for you? PG used to sell parts directly, but they are much harder to get ahold of lately.

You may be able to get the schematic here:
http://www.motion-syndicate.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=16
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

What exactly is going wrong with the amp? These amps are really so simple, most of the work can be done without a schematic.

One channel is not working? Does the amp draw a lot of current? If so, check the power supply MOSFETs to see if one has failed. If they seem good, remove the fuses to the voltage rails for the output section. Power it on. Does it still draw a ton of current? If so, there is a problem with the power supply. If a MOSFET fails, it can kill the SG2525 PWM controller, as I believe that controller directly drives the MOSFETs with no buffer.

In the case of the SG2525, I am pretty sure the SG3525 is a drop in replacement. I believe one is just rated for higher voltage, but don't quote me. Both of these parts are on digikey, so if you cannot find them, I am sure someone can order them here and ship them to you.
marko

Post by marko »

^^^^^

i'm also sure the sg3525 is a drop in replacement too, i'm sure i've even seen them in ms amps..
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
yuzathecloud

Post by yuzathecloud »

Thamks my frineds!

My repairer will go on holiday this evening... I'll tell him so in early september... in the meanwhile would be beautiful to find those schematics...