Anyone ever used one of these?? (FAN200)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix_rising

Anyone ever used one of these?? (FAN200)

Post by phoenix_rising »

Hi guys - nice quick one...

ANYONE had any experience with this particular Phoenix Gold branded FAN200? I'm interested in how much airflow it moves or whether anyone's ever used one?... i know of the stinger and xscoprion brands but wanted to get hold of another 2 for my install...
Attachments
FAN200.JPG
FAN200.JPG (20.55 KiB) Viewed 10104 times
Last edited by phoenix_rising on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I have one nib I have not used. I bought it because Matt said he used them on his install (this was gong to be for my frank) then I soold it :(
I don't know how much air they move I could try mine tonight and see how much it move I would think allot..
I might selll mine?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Sweet. Fire it up tonight if you get a chance and let me know how much it moves! :) I'd def be interested ...Thanks dude!

If anyones got a 2nd one lying about... let me know... id like to use 2 to keep it even...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

they are commonly called squirrel-cage fans and you wll be suprised how much air they move. The advantage of them is that they are not very tall and they blow a longer field of air. you need to keep the ends of it open a little bit as the air flows inside and then out along the blades. If you cover those areas it would be the same as putting a board on the back of your regular 4 inch. Nothing would happen.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Not sure if that's the same model I used, but in my experience the squirrel cage fans move a lot of air, but are noisier than the standard bearing 12v fans.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

i use one on my 2250, and like it.... but like it was mentioned, it is loud. stero down i can hear (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm), but not so so bad as it is in the enclosure along with the amp, and most of time kept closed...

I think if i were to do it again though... I would grab two short ones versus one long one as it would cover more surface area across all fins, and not just the center fins. i would be inclined to think/feel that the outer fins are the most important to keep a breeze over, as that is where devices are positioned. versus just down the center and lacking the outer 2/3 fins on either side.
Attachments
img_3860_550.jpg
img_3860_550.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 10076 times
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers guys for the feedback... anyone got one knocking about for sale?

Sorry if this is a REALLY STUPID question..... but how do you calculate multiple fan noise?? say i were to use 4 fans that were all 46db? what would the total amount of noise be if all 4 were running flat out?
bogart

Post by bogart »

there are ways to quite them down when you incorperate them into the rack...basiclly just baffel the out. I am trying to figure out how to descibe this....basically a staggered airflow port staged on each end so there is plenty of airflow but the reverberations the fan creates are deadened by the baffels...
bogart

Post by bogart »

Your rta will tell you what the fans are doing too Olly....may have to play with the sensitivity a bit but you'll get a feel for the amplitude with it
bogart

Post by bogart »

If I am not mistaken....I used to own that green 2250 and sold it to tristan years back!!!! nice amp if it is the one
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

think so, iirc i did get it from tristan...
it's in malaysia now.
w/ weng
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers Chris...i'll talk to you more in depth about the fan porting through PM ... anyone know how i can caculate the total noise from the fans? original question...if i have 4 fans running say 36db all at full tilt how much noise are they going to make combined?
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

sorry mine is a xscorpion crossflow fan tfb the fan blades are 6.5 " long the unit is about 7.5 inch long 12vdc
I would ship it for 27us
it does move allot of air!!!!!! let me know if you want it
my paypal is [email protected]
I can send it out tomorrow
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Has anyone got a PG FAN200? new or used?

Just found this vid of a comparable stinger fan...Noisy little bast**ds arnt they!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD_SZo5GPU
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Anyone got any of these PG200 Fans?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Mandrops germany has e few of them left. But they are quite expensive!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Yea they've got 1 - and there chrarging retail doubled! Its worth 10-15usd as its a rebranded cross flow fan.... and i might have haggled them down by they've only got 1 in stock.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers Joerg there not the PG ones im after but i sent him an email anyway... got back a big fat "NO" in capitals... :) So the hunt conitues im pretty sure there must be 2 x PG FAN200's out there somewhere...
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

phoenix_rising wrote:Cheers Chris...i'll talk to you more in depth about the fan porting through PM ... anyone know how i can caculate the total noise from the fans? original question...if i have 4 fans running say 36db all at full tilt how much noise are they going to make combined?
how i understand noise is that when you double it it goes up 3 db, could be wrong this is how i think it would be... 2x 36db fans would be 39db, 4x 36db fans would be 42db. ...but like i said thats how i understand it, and im no expert :lol:
dry with match
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

yea thats what i thought
phoenix_rising

Re: Anyone ever used one of these?? (FAN200)

Post by phoenix_rising »

Bump for an old thread but im still looking if anyones got any sitting about the garage? trying to get together an order of bits from other members so if someones got one they wont need to send out of the US... Anyone?
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

phoenix_rising wrote:Bump for an old thread but im still looking if anyones got any sitting about the garage? trying to get together an order of bits from other members so if someones got one they wont need to send out of the US... Anyone?
I'm using 2 of the 5" fans in my install and they move quite a bit of air, per the specs it states the 8" moves 92cbft or air per min. and the 5" moves 40cuft per min.

Here's some links on the bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xscorpion-TF8-8 ... 43aa6f5a7c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XSCORPION-TF5-5 ... 43aa5d779b
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

if 1 fan is 36db 4 should be about 45db total.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Hi guys, Last shameless bump for this... Does anyone have a phoenix gold FAN200 crossflow fan lying around in their stash?