What 8"s are the best?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
onecrazy95civic

Post by onecrazy95civic »

X MAX 8 are the best!!! I had 4 of them on the rear deck of my civic. They were use to back up my Cyclone.
Attachments
X MAX 8...
X MAX 8...
65420047_medium[1].jpg (6.65 KiB) Viewed 6566 times
PHOENIX GOLD
1.Reactor x3 #109, #407 & #496
2.Ti EQ30 x2
3.TiBasscube
4.TiDD10
5.TiPowercore 20
6.TLD66
7.Ti15 DVC x2
8.Ti5 Elite x4
9.Ti9 Elite
10.R-Link boxes x6 w/digital guages x12
11. Ti Distribution blocks (Power x4 & Ground x1)
ALPINE
1.TME-M750a x5
2.TMX-R1000 x3
OTHERS
1. IPAD 2
2. 32" LED Screen
3. PS3
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Hmmm...

I should maybe go for those xmax's... And just drop the thought of the Orions....
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I have almost decided now...

I like the idea of PG-woofers in 8" size in my install...

Anyone that do not agree with me?

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

8" Xmax are awesome Pedi! Go for it!
bogart

Post by bogart »

I've never seen em....but they look cool for sure.

I am contemplating pulling the sx 8's out and going with a more traditional three way so I can run all the front stage drivers off a three way passive....

arn't you thinking of running 4 18s Ivar? I suspect that You will be needing more then a single set of 8's to pull the stage forward....why not just go up to a set of savage 10s or a 12 in the door...they are making some very serious thinline subs these days....the kenwood exclon thinline 10s are badass.

I am not all that impressed with the ti 9's....great sq....but they are not that loud imo....could get a lot better driver for less money.....but if you don't want to run a true sub and desire a meaty active midbass why not put a set in the kicks and a set in the door for two sets per side and run em bandpass. the x max have a fairly deep mounting depth and the ti's are easy to install anywhere....

Morel makes an 8 ohm version of the 9's still....if you were to stack two sets up per side you would have a 4 ohm load per side.....they are like 220 per set on the bay when they have them....not bad for morel....then just dig up some ti grills for the 9s and you would be set.....well...plenty of work involved in that plan but you know what I am saying....
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am running 4 mb 8s in my stang and dreaming of adding a clone to compliment them........
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

ttocs wrote:I am running 4 mb 8s in my stang and dreaming of adding a clone to compliment them........
There is a Cyclone on the bay right now, 350$

I also need a DD10...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

bogart wrote: arn't you thinking of running 4 18s Ivar? I suspect that You will be needing more then a single set of 8's to pull the stage forward....why not just go up to a set of savage 10s or a 12 in the door...they are making some very serious thinline subs these days....the kenwood exclon thinline 10s are badass.

I am not all that impressed with the ti 9's....great sq....but they are not that loud imo....could get a lot better driver for less money.....but if you don't want to run a true sub and desire a meaty active midbass why not put a set in the kicks and a set in the door for two sets per side and run em bandpass. the x max have a fairly deep mounting depth and the ti's are easy to install anywhere....

Morel makes an 8 ohm version of the 9's still....if you were to stack two sets up per side you would have a 4 ohm load per side.....they are like 220 per set on the bay when they have them....not bad for morel....then just dig up some ti grills for the 9s and you would be set.....well...plenty of work involved in that plan but you know what I am saying....
Chris...

I am running 2 x old-school 18" (Dual Voice Coils) Cerwin Vega Strokers, 12 x 12" Celestion AD12 in the "trunk". I have a couple of Ti951-sets for the doors/kicks and now I am going for some X max 8"s to add up some mids... I guess I need maybe 8 of those X max's ??

What do you think?

I also need a DD10...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

:shock: Is it just me, or is this a little bit overkill for one car? :shock:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

joerg wrote::shock: Is it just me, or is this a little bit overkill for one car? :shock:
Is this coming from the guy with the biggest amp line-up in Europe? Hehe...

I also need a DD10...
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Well if you're willing spend the cash (and have the mounting depth)....

http://www.mobilesq.com/shop/product_in ... cts_id=172

Some of the best MB drivers that I've ever heard.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Pedi wrote:
joerg wrote::shock: Is it just me, or is this a little bit overkill for one car? :shock:
Is this coming from the guy with the biggest amp line-up in Europe? Hehe...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I´m pretty sure u have more amps than i do pedi! :wink: I just think that the lines u wrote make like 28 speakers in one car. Do you just throw em inside like door open vented, door closed sealed enclosure? :lol:
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

vin78 wrote:Well if you're willing spend the cash (and have the mounting depth)....

8 x 418$... Wow... I do not know if I am willing to spend all those money, hey I do not even know if I can afford it !!!

I also need a DD10...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

joerg wrote:
I´m pretty sure u have more amps than i do pedi! :wink: I just think that the lines u wrote make like 28 speakers in one car. Do you just throw em inside like door open vented, door closed sealed enclosure? :lol:
Yeah, got a few amps - but so do you :wink:

I know it will be a tight fit with all those speakers. But remember that I also need space for all the amps, batteries, accesories etc...

Damn, I need a Scania Truck !!! :whistle:

I also need a DD10...
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Pedi wrote:
vin78 wrote:Well if you're willing spend the cash (and have the mounting depth)....

8 x 418$... Wow... I do not know if I am willing to spend all those money, hey I do not even know if I can afford it !!!
You're going with 8 8" midbass woofers? why? are you going with 16 Cyclones or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would assume you can get SEAS for less in Europe?
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I want to get even with those 12x12"s and 2x18"s..

And I would need 4-8 8"s I assume....

I also need a DD10...
bogart

Post by bogart »

8 8 inch mids....hmmmm....I doubt you would need all that...if you think that each set of two will want about .5 ft cube to run effectively bandpass you are looking at finding a full cu ft in to run 4....it is doable...not in the kicks...but doable....

I like the seas Idea...i've had the pleasure of playing with a set of older lotus coaxils and god damn they were sweet...they were my Dads actually. Now the price on the references are way way over the top....

with that install....much like Joergs....i don't think you will really hear half of the reproduction at any amplitude with that many drivers in the car....really a rolling pa system isn't it :D :D :D

just the two 18s will downright strip 60% of the output of the high drivers once they really start to resonate with in the car...so I see the need for the highs...but really...I think two sets per side would just fine...

so with the 8 8's...how are you planning on running the system...I am assuming that all the low and lower frequecy drivers will run very narrow and consecutive bandwidths....

but I don't get the 12's...the strokers are an spl driver and really want to run above 45 hz for real spl....and they are a worthless sq driver...so lower then that is really limiting the subs.

the 12's I am not familiar with...but 12 of em...

I am not grasping the overall vision...

typically...the 18s would cover the low lows...sealed from say 10 to 35 and the 12's would run say 30 to 50 and the 8s would cover the bandpass arena from 50 to 250.....but with the 18s you've chosen they don't really compliment that type of set up[....

trying to run different subs at the same frequency can be a tricky thing...you'll have roll off all over the place and tuning will be a real bitch...tried that this year and was not overly impressed with the outcome in the s10...needed separate line amps...vrossovers and equalization ability for each separate run of subs....it is a slippery slope for sq

Now if you really just want a way over the top crazy loud install you've got that nailed down....but I figured you would be going for the sq side with all the cash you've got into it....

Don't get me wrong....it is possible...anything is....but it doesn't seem to be the most efficient way accomplish it....imo anyway...

you are going to need a bigger rig to pull it off...

so pedi...what is your overall goal with this....beside stuffing a quarter mill into a 2k ride :D :D :D I am truly interested. Don't take my questions the wrong way buddy....I am curious to see what you are up too with this
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Chris, it might be hard to understand my install, and it is hard to explain my feelings and love for PG car audio in text and in English... But I will try in just a few words. (BTW: Phoenixx in here knows me for who I am, and he likes my idea of this install...)

My goal with this install goes like this:

When I cruise around, I want to play "reasonable" high volume, with nice and clear sound. Not at all a SQ install (even though I have the 951 Comps), I like the music beeing flavoured of Bass... So I want some nice kicks from the 12"s and the low guts from the Stroker 18"s.

I am (was..) very familiar with the Strokers and the Celestion 12s (back then in the 90s...), and I really like the sound of both those speakers. So I know that I need quite a few 8"s to get the mids up.

On the other hand, I want to go on a car audio meeting - with all those 18-23 year old I-hate-old-school-please-see-my-6000w-amp (with a 30A fuse) boys. Then I would like to crank it up, and show those fuckers that old shit never dies.. At a SPL-volume like his, I do not need those front/mids to do so much work... I just want to tell everybody that Phoenix Gold MS-series is still top notch. And would love to see som long faces.

Aaaaand when I was 18, I hardly managed to get the funds for ONE ms2125... I could not afford my hobby, but now I have a better financial situation that allows me to buy more than one 2125... So I am building what I always dreamed about (and alittle extra..... :wink: ).

I have not the acurate Freqs right now. But the 18s are going for the low freq, up to so much as 50+ maybe, with the 12s coming after that, up to 80 maybe. Not quite sure yet, I have some testing to do first of all. The mids will I figure later on....

I also need a DD10...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

pedi wrote:I want to go on a car audio meeting - with all those 18-23 year old I-hate-old-school-please-see-my-6000w-amp (with a 30A fuse) boys. Then I would like to crank it up, and show those fuckers that old shit never dies...
pedi wrote:Aaaaand when I was 18, I hardly managed to get the funds for ONE ms2125... I could not afford my hobby, but now I have a better financial situation that allows me to buy more than one 2125... So I am building what I always dreamed about

I don´t know how old you are pedi but i´m 27 and could not have it explained any better than that!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Well Joerg... I am 35 next month, so maybe too old for this... But inside myself, I am not quite thaaat old :wink:

I also need a DD10...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Would you be happy with Xmax10´s as well pedi?
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Pedi, if you are ever in need of another pair of Celestion AD12's, I've got a pair.

Just letting you know. O:)
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

pedi wrote:I want to go on a car audio meeting - with all those 18-23 year old I-hate-old-school-please-see-my-6000w-amp (with a 30A fuse) boys. Then I would like to crank it up, and show those fuckers that old shit never dies...
pedi wrote:Aaaaand when I was 18, I hardly managed to get the funds for ONE ms2125... I could not afford my hobby, but now I have a better financial situation that allows me to buy more than one 2125... So I am building what I always dreamed about
I couldn't agree more with you Pedi
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

andy600rr wrote:Pedi, if you are ever in need of another pair of Celestion AD12's, I've got a pair.

Just letting you know. O:)
mmmm, that could be interesting ..... price?

I had a pair of 15(s back in 95, they were awesome
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

I really dont know what they are worth Itchy.

I've owned them for ages and 95% of thier life has been spent on a shelf in my cupboard.

Shipping would most likely kill it for you though :roll:
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF