Another Bad expereince...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dgoodhue

Another Bad expereince...

Post by dgoodhue »

Here we go again. I was so pissed off yesterday when I recieved. Here is the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0408396857

So I get the amp at work, the box is crushed and ripped. The amp is flopping around. The seller threw the amp in the box with just a thin piece of plastic foam maybe 1/16" thick. That is all the packaging material. WTF! I was so pissed I decided not to open it until after work becuase I had too much to do and I would be fuming mad and distracted if I was disappointed.

So I open it up. The amp is a little worse shape than I expected, but I would have been fine if that was it. All 3 of the 4 corners are bent. Two are them are so bent they ripples up under the amp. So I am little pissed off.

I then look at the amp further its missing screw and one of the RCA plug shield is missing. I am thinking it fell off in shipping, but then I look at his ebay ad and it isn't the picture he took either. According his ebay ad "It worked perfectly when it was removed" "It puts out a clean 50 watts per channel and is an excellent amp to run a set of seperates." Bullshit!!!!
What are you going to do run it all on the right channel :roll:

The saving grace is opened it up, the circuit board isn't burnt. The bigs caps all need replacing (I expected that). Atleast I got a good deal on this amp (I am glad it didn't go to my max) but it would have been cheaper if the seller advertised it truthfully as a broken amp.
Attachments
Box.jpg
Box.jpg (337.64 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
Packing Material.jpg
Packing Material.jpg (318.94 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
ebay M50.jpg
ebay M50.jpg (25.55 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

I definitely say he may have mislead you man that sucks. What's the seller's name so we don't order from him if you don't mind?
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

robert thomas
[email protected]
luv_my_chevelles

I will give an update on how it works out. I will atleast give him a chance to make things right. I asked for a partial refund.
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20?!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice selling price...6789 LOL. Sorry it wasn't as cool of a deal as you were hopping.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

I sent a pm to MW3 to find out who to contact in PG about parts. , Morgan just informed me that PG probably doesn't have the RCA to fix this amp anymore.

Anyone know if this is a common part that I can order (a part number would be great)
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I may have an RCA from another board. I would have to take a look.

It will still work in stereo most likely. The amp will just get the RCA shield from the one still there. I understand this is lame and not right by any means, but chances are the amp will still work just fine.
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Eric D wrote:I may have an RCA from another board. I would have to take a look.

It will still work in stereo most likely. The amp will just get the RCA shield from the one still there. I understand this is lame and not right by any means, but chances are the amp will still work just fine.
I didn't try to power this one up. I had one fall off before on my home stereo and it would not work. I had a loose on my home theather subwoofer and it made a bunch of noise before replacing it.
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

The guy refunded me $25. He apologized and said his wife shipped it. He said the RCA jack was missing when he bought it and he used like that. So I guess it worked out.

I originally was going to grab the good circuit board and put in my smokey bandit circuit board to resell it. I still will be using the circuit board for my Bandit., but I think I will just keep it for part or sell the parts off. Anyone need any M50 parts?
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I may could use the power/ground/remote terminal if it's white and in decent condition.
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

AVICJR wrote:I may could use the power/ground/remote terminal if it's white and in decent condition.
It's the old style connector. It looks like the speaker terminals.
Dave
12 Legacy - Stock
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

I know Bogart might be very interested in it. I'll let him know.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

dgoodhue wrote:
AVICJR wrote:I may could use the power/ground/remote terminal if it's white and in decent condition.
It's the old style connector. It looks like the speaker terminals.
That's what I need. Is it in good shape? PM if you decide to part it out.