Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

awe, thanks tom. i hope there is another dabor! errin will unknowingly volunteer his house
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

they are releasing a 150x4 four channel class a/b amplifier,

bridged would be 300 watts times two 600 watts into a reasonalbe sub is not bad and it would be class a/b 8)
running a dual 4 ohm sub and u have a winner. run 3 of these in your car and u have 2 subs and a really nice front stage... :clap:
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Quit working so hard Morgan, your a few hours late, this has been posted earlier 8) All this news has givin me sugar plum dreams..... :D Hats off to the boys at AAMP for the resurection of PG :metal:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

So... I see that article mentions the use of "bi-polar output transistors" in the R and S series amps. Am I to believe that you guys are using a similar (possibly improved) circuit to the days of the tried-and-true PG triple darlington design?

The articles doesn't mention anything similar for the Ti series but I can only assume if the R and S series use BJTs in triple darlington that the Ti series will be quite excellent.

Great stuff... but I just don't know how anything could make me replace my M-series install! We'll see. What I do know however, is that if the high end component line rocks some box, I'll be buying a set.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

I would like to know what build house is building the components. Like Morel was the last one with the TI lineup
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Who built the ZeroPoint speakers?
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

i think zeropoint was done inhouse.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

scottn29 wrote:I would like to know what build house is building the components. Like Morel was the last one with the TI lineup
I think it's the same build house that made the RSd woofers but I don't know for a fact so don't hold me to that.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote: So... I see that article mentions the use of "bi-polar output transistors" in the R and S series amps. Am I to believe that you guys are using a similar (possibly improved) circuit to the days of the tried-and-true PG triple darlington design?

The articles doesn't mention anything similar for the Ti series but I can only assume if the R and S series use BJTs in triple darlington that the Ti series will be quite excellent.

Great stuff... but I just don't know how anything could make me replace my M-series install! We'll see. What I do know however, is that if the high end component line rocks some box, I'll be buying a set.
For class A/B stuff.

R Series uses TIP35/36 output devices, excellent bang for the buck.

Ti steps up and uses the Sanken A1303/ C3284 in TO3P package.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Audiophiliac wrote:Who built the ZeroPoint speakers?
I don't know how about that for an honest answer, I will check.

Definitely not same vendor as RSD or Ti Elite stuff.
Morgan West
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

any xmas pics???? we have all been good...
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Re: item

kg1961 wrote:any xmas pics???? we have all been good...
Your avatar has been a bad, bad girl.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Yer right Ryan........But I'll bet she got alot of gifts stuffed under her tree..... :twisted:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

I want to see some subs. We have talked about nothing but amps, lets see some subs for once. We saw a surround, and a gasket... Lets see some pictures slacker 8)
Kevin Siegel

Merry Christmas

Post by Kevin Siegel »

Here is a sneak peak of the first proto types of the new high end Ti line. Sorry for the poor pictures I will post better pictures in the near future.

Kevin Siegel
VP of Marketing
Aamp of America
Attachments
Ti800.4.jpg
Ti800.4.jpg (143.05 KiB) Viewed 8095 times
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

i'm probably going to catch hell for saying this but....

the cosmetics are very forgetable. Looks like so many other amps. I know this is a prototype and all, but the cosmetics to me are less than impressionable.

My hope is that they sound amazing. Plus I am sure better quality pics wouldnt hurt, but my feeling is based on the overall cosmetic appearance.
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

I agree with you.... The old sh*t stuck out like a homing beacon (all white) and the RSD line was unique to say the least, but you didn't forget it after you had seen it!!
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I think that amp looks klean as a fresh shaven peach............. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

That said, It seems asthough I seen that somewhere before... like within the last 10 years :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: But thats MANY beers ago right.......

What is MSRP on that amp? :hmm: And maybe the mono's too..... :shifty: if that info can be divulged without having to then kill me...... :shifty:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
El-Akeem

Post by El-Akeem »

It reminds me of JL Audio's slash series...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

El-Akeem wrote:It reminds me of JL Audio's slash series...
x2 :?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Just joined this forum at the right time!
The new line looks nuts. Definitely tough amp internals.. the external cosmetics, well... the ZX/Ti amps were my fave looking PG amps...
I'm interested to see the sub cone look. The rubber surround reminds me of the IDMAX. Not quite Ti Elite 12 style (but please don't be shy on bringing that sub back. OR a remake of the Xmax. Those subs are on most of Australian SQ fanatics' wishlist.)
As mentioned before, I am quite surprised there is no 8" midbasses and woofers on the list. 3 way components.... yes please!

Otherwise Morgan.... tell the boys at PG to keep up the good work! Long live the Phoenix :D
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

oh good, another black amp.

Again, I can respect the clean lines of a simple design but it just doesn't get me excited. Not at all, even just a little bit(insert yawning smiley). There is something missing, not sure what but something..........
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Replace the curve on the front edge with an angle...... and it could have matched fairly nicely with the old Ti series with just a different anodizing option....

Whats the circuit board on that bad boy look like?

Any chance we can see it sitting next to a Ti500.4 or a Ti800.1 or a Ti1000.2 or something for size comparison?
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I think that new amp looks great. smooth, clean, understated - exactly what we all wanted from PG.

Now, if we can pull the top off, take off the PG script and annodize or paint that a different color - to match our car or install - that would be the sh*t!

Will we be able to send them in or buy them direct with different color LED? That would be sweet as that would give us all another color-match option as well.