Product Suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
rscecil007

Post by rscecil007 »

I thought on the old FAQ from PG site that Tom's has mirrored it said that the FAS were limited to 500, but don't think it listed production numbers for SOFAS...

Could be wrong, too lazy to check at the moment.

EDIT: I quit being lazy, and FAS were limited to 300, but SOFAS numbers aren't listed.

Sorry Pedi, I remembered wrong. Another long morning here.
Last edited by rscecil007 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

:hmm: ...........A Frank, Bride and Son install................ :king: :fap:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Both FAS and SOFAS where limited to 300 Units 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

ttocs wrote:you guys have not seen james worked up. That was not a rant, its called constructive critisism. If he was pissed, you guys would have no doubt about it......
Yes, I knew that it was sarcasm hence the j/k.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

wow how is everyone, including u james
i been really busy with nothing and been trying to find myself.

i think the last 5 years of service at car dealership has killed me, so i have an opportunity to open a shop with friend or go into home audio.

ill keep u all posted

morgan:
havent spoke to u in a while so left exile, funny thing is because there is an exile dealer finally in hilo, haha got that ball rolling.

all the suggestions are good ones but i would like to say what james said is the reality of it...

that what the company was in the mid ninities. if pg can do what rockford did a couple of years ago then yes it will be good for them.

a solid high end amp like mentioned by someone is a good idea.

if i had to pick a format it would be the d.c reference from zapco
clean look built in dsp with tuning capablities and yada yada u know the rest.

teh only two things i would like to add is this

Acessories are so vague and ugly
change that and make some more usable and diverse blocks and for godsakes add some wires,

keep it simple
dont need 8 different types of 4 guage but one solid lineup of wire available in say 4 differnt colors

red/black/purple( i likeee the old puple zpa wire) and of course silver
do this from
1 awg, 2awg,4awg,8awg,10awg
speaker same thing,
the thing here is matching wires

the blocks and stuff illlet u all figure out (it wont take much)
the rca and other cables make them also like the older stuff

stream the lineup to just two or three (good, better, and im fuckn rich)

Second is

THE LOGO

fix it if not i can...really i could make u a nice logo.

look at rockford fosgate

everyone knows that diamond "R"

everyone needs to know that "PG" those oval logos were the sh!t

still are..

morgan send me an email or ill send u one
i got some questions.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
76Trans Am

Post by 76Trans Am »

No steel ... I hate rust.
Smaller form factor ... Xe's were a breakthru design ... But to large.
Keep them clean looking and simple shape ... Rsd's ... Hard to integrate shape.

Look at Memphis's M-class ... Very clean and high quality look to them.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Exile is still doing fine, just released an awesome new marine speaker. I wish those guys the best but I am now full time PG guy.

Give me some feedback on processors. What would you like to see from PG. Let's try to keep it practical for now.
Last edited by MW3 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76Trans Am

Post by 76Trans Am »

Is a 4 way active crossover with time alignment to mutch to ask for :D
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Unfortunally by the time i started to use processors besides the AX406a i always had in my installs, because of the LPL44 i never used any of the processors from phoenix gold. What would be a cool gimmick would be a nice little headunit maybe! I´m thinking of something like the P9 combo from another competitior. I know that this might be a long shot and we´re not talking about a crap HU but maybe u´re giving it a thought. :oops: :oops: :oops:
todd217

Post by todd217 »

i want a full din eq/3 way crossover with a spectrum analyzer and t/a. also i would like it to change colors to match the h/u.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

MW3 wrote:
Give me some feedback on processors. What would you like to see from PG. Let's try to keep it practical for now.

Built in LD with a voltage and clip indicators ( I know use a DMM) old school 3 LEDs or maybe digital display. EQ with 3 way maybe 4 way cross over in one unit. So the EQ215, PLD1 and MX3/ AX406?

The problem with processors now a days are the all in one head units. You have a source, EQ, line driver (kind of), and Xover. For 80% or more of the people out there that works for them :| .....Us here of course not ......Sure I would love to see a great DSP unit with a 1/3 EQ with TA and all that.... but would it sell in today's market 10-15 years ago yes but lets face it thing have moved on ........ what can we come up with to integrate with a Ford/Microsoft factory system for example that would bridge the gap easily between the old school systems and all of the new stuff in cars that make it that much harder to integrate aftermarket gear......

How about a Dock for the iPhone ( hear me out) that would enable the user to run the whole system. with the i Heart radio application as long as you have a good cell signal you never get static. Then the XM radio app and iPod that is on the phone who needs the cars radio/CD player any more.........(yes I know we do MP3s suck ass) but for the public ......... maybe and dont forget to put a hands free mic/speaker phone option on it .......... just my thought
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

With all the DVD decks out now days, A 5.1 processor might be an idea.

I'll second the statement that it's getting really difficult to integrate with the built-in HU's. All the bullshit involved has people thinking it's not possible. A PG version of the CleanSweep might be a good product.

I've always thought that the easier it is to install the more units will sell. Make it easy for the newbies to dabble with things........All of us here are really are the product of dabbling right..........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

keep it simple for the budget line like the Ryval. RSd or something similar is fine for a mid tear line.

For a practical high end line use ICE tech. and copy the Pioneer ODR setup for for Proc/signal path with each amp having onboard DSP, all signal path digital until the speakers, and a simple elegant CD player that is bluetooth and ipod ready. Keep the amp's looks simple like sinfoni, DLS, Genesis ect...minus the chessy gold.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

FYI when I say ODR im taking the newest lineup not for sale to my knowledge in the USA.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

First off congrats Morgan! This must be something that you believe is going to work for you to leave Exile. I know how much that company meant to you.

As far as PG goes it looks like these guys have about summed it up. I would like to say that I know there are a few dealers (or past dealers) on here that I have got the feeling from that they are not very happy with the direction PG has decided to take with the dealer network lately. IMO I would work on this before you start to work on product. From what I have seen in the past the dealers can make or break you. I would make a serious attempt to make them as happy as can be.

As far as product goes I think that you are on the right track. The RSD line seems to be solid and the speakers are absolutely top notch! I think that if you do add a "top tier" line it has to be a small format to compete with some of the other amp manufactures out there. That seems to be the direction the market is going.

As far as processing I would start with a OEM integration unit. As I am sure you are aware it's just not as easy to replace a HU in a car as it was years ago. This is another sign of the times and again seems to be the direction that the market is heading. After that I would like to see some digital unit to integrate with the amps. I think the DEQ was on the right track, but it seems that thought was never completed.

And for the love of god please bring back all of the accessories!! I know there is a new line of accessories out there but I have yet to use them. A DD5/10 would be great along side some new distro/ground blocks!

Again, congrats and good luck on the new endeavor!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! :clap:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

you guys are nuts... 90% of the stuff you mentioned is what crushed the old PG to begin width. remember they were a wire company first, then an amp... then they tried everything under the sun including a headunit (denon) wgich ultimately killed them.

further, if anything was done like that it would have to be a ground up build and start using todays technology, I mean after all, RCA's... seriously? HDMI was just approved for vehicles about a month or so ago, plus the OEM's are using optical... with great results, and no stray noises such as alternator or ignition... but we are still screwing around with RCA's

optical/HDMI would be great, but to custom build lengths... yikes

plus it has advantages of less wires, such as 1 cable can do remote turn on and all the audio out, set the amp for what it needs to be front/rear/sub...

simple stuff like that...

but it will be another "me too" line heading overseas...
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Wow!! :shock:

Congrats and g/l Mo.
gfunk_nz

Post by gfunk_nz »

What I would love to see is a electronic crossover with a digital readout so you can see what frequencies have been selected, there is nothing worse than the dial type ones with maybe 2 or 3 figures on them
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

jbondox wrote:you guys are nuts... 90% of the stuff you mentioned is what crushed the old PG to begin width. remember they were a wire company first, then an amp... then they tried everything under the sun including a headunit (denon) wgich ultimately killed them.

I could not agree more.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

jbondox wrote:you guys are nuts... 90% of the stuff you mentioned is what crushed the old PG to begin width. remember they were a wire company first, then an amp... then they tried everything under the sun including a headunit (denon) wgich ultimately killed them.

further, if anything was done like that it would have to be a ground up build and start using todays technology, I mean after all, RCA's... seriously? HDMI was just approved for vehicles about a month or so ago, plus the OEM's are using optical... with great results, and no stray noises such as alternator or ignition... but we are still screwing around with RCA's

optical/HDMI would be great, but to custom build lengths... yikes

plus it has advantages of less wires, such as 1 cable can do remote turn on and all the audio out, set the amp for what it needs to be front/rear/sub...

simple stuff like that...

Jim you make some good points, but past PG shortfalls had more to do with servicing the dealer than product. We could have (and often did) sell plenty of denon headunits, MPH6300s, Frank Ampnsteins, etc. That made PG unique.

The reality is PG was difficult to do business with and got out serviced by competitors (JL, Stinger, Memphis, Kicker, etc). There is A LOT of choices when it comes to product out there. I am just speaking about PG 2000 - 2004 when I was there, can't speaker for recent years.

There are enough "put my logo here" lines out there, no future in that. If AAMP wanted to go that direction they would been in the amp and speaker business long ago. Stay tuned...
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

MW3 wrote: There are enough "put my logo here" lines out there, no future in that. If AAMP wanted to go that direction they would been in the amp and speaker business long ago. Stay tuned...
Hmmmm.... I like where this is heading :hurr:
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

GX3

Post by GX3 »

did you just call him a 19 year old girl????
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

GX3 wrote:did you just call him a 19 year old girl????
???
bogart

Post by bogart »

yep....this is how I feel about it as well. I would like to see another 7.1 using digital d and t class. small footprint with an undeniable presence.

A real new world sub...not the one that is known for the best bang for the buck like the rsd....Morgan....we talked breifly about the baskets available now and pg has always outsource the speaker arena...so how bout ponying up something pg never did...an 18 for the bassheads that will not be appeased by the rsdc. Pg ought to contend with what is common on the market....big high power subs are desirable and they don't have to be the best on the block.....just get us on the map!!!!

an amp that produces more power....or at least make the classic pg 1200's strapable for 2500 plus loads.

I think that eventually a few good 7.1 processors would be a wondrous thing...who the hell runs 5.1 anymore...and why limit the client bases for it by only producing a 5.1....make a 7 channel and if they don't want the additional channels don't use em....fuck hdmi.....optical....something like zapco did with the symb link....tie it into the high end pg line directly or you can buy the proccessor and jump to short rca or optical....think digital tba receiver/transmitter and then you have a nitch in the market as even the big video guys arn't doing optical and it seems to me to be the best idea in mobile audio in years with all the typical noise issues....maybe there is a reason no one is doing it....could well be....

I hear all the elitist pg stuff but lets be real....how many here have bought the roadster....nice amp....limited edition and they are ebay landmarks now as very few are selling. So lets see....bride of frank....I would guess that with a new design and all the engineering for the boards and all you would be looking at higher cost then the os ms le amps....and who the fuck bought em? I mean new.....no one did cause they were 3000 bucks and that is the same reason no one will buy them now....

realistically....where does pg see itself in the market as far as competitors and tech advancement.....anyone who has read history should know that the lack of progression and or a regression into old technologies have never been granted a warm reception on the market and that is the shit that sends a manufacturer into the red for good!!!!

engineering is big fucking money....keep it simple for a while and start to produce a product that is better then what is on the mid to high end common market...if that is where pg wants to stand again...,.but it is a tight market too come into aggressively, that is a factor...but anyway.......and produce a better product and sell it for the same...so what pg does now is going to realistically reflect where pg sees itself in 5 years...or 10 years....

am not trying to tell pg what they should do...I am throwing out some realities on sales, marketing and engineering that I don't think people get...the days of anyone on the market making those kind of amps are gone....they made them for eye candy and to promote the lines they were based on.......I doubt anyone at pg wondered anything but how they were going to break even on the production costs on most of em....thus the limited thing.