Frank Amp'n Stein Crate

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
oldschoolfan

Frank Amp'n Stein Crate

Post by oldschoolfan »

Hello all, I am brand new here. I have a fas and I recently aquired a very nice sofas with all the fixin's. My fas was supposed to come with everything and did not. Live and learn. I have built it a crate copied from my sofas just adding two and a half inches in length to accomodate the longer amp. I now need to finish the inside spacers. My question to you all is, does someone have pictures you could post or send me of an original Frank Amp'n Stein crate. I have only been able to find one set of pics of a fas crate on ampguts and they are not very informative. The only difference visually I could see from my sofas crate and the amp guts photos of the fas was the color of the carpet on the interior spacers. I want the crate to be as accurate as possible, well, just because. Of course it is not original but it should have one none the less. Thanks all!

Oh, and here are some pictures of what I did so far.
Attachments
DSCN3061.JPG
DSCN3061.JPG (66.69 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
DSCN3062.JPG
DSCN3062.JPG (68.17 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
All trim is in cedar as were the originals.
All trim is in cedar as were the originals.
DSCN3063.JPG (71.71 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
Last edited by oldschoolfan on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

resize the pics with windows viewer and it will be easier to read.

I wonder what people did with those crates..........
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Welcome to the phorum! Seems like you are the guy that bought SOFAS #113 Just let us know what serial numbers u have! I will add your beauties to the registry 8)

Just to answer your questition about the crate! It looks exactly the same as the one from the SOFAS. It´s just 2,5 inches longer! Even the carpet is the same. It might look a little different on the ampguts picture because the colour of the carpet faded out due to it´s age.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

didnt that ebay listing for 113 come with crate though?
thought it said so in the listing
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Yes, 113 it is. It did come with the crate and everything claimed. All original paperwork, manuals, sticker, certificate of ownership, neck bolts...I drove to Mississippi to pick it up in person. Very nice folks. It is my Frank that did not come with the crate. Joerg, the carpet in my sofas crate is red, the pictures on ampguts of the frank sr. crate looks black. This is where my dillema is at the moment.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Hosehead and STROKD from the phorum have the crates of their FAS. So u might send them a private message just to make sure. But my crate has the red carpet in there as well, but i built it on my own.

What´s the serial of your FAS?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Holy shit that is some dedication :clap:
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Thanks joerg, I will give them a shout. So you made yours too?! I would like to see it. My fas is 087, route 66 #0772. Both FAS and SOFAS have the matching AX406. I am dying to ask, what is the Dr. Frank Amp'n Stein?
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Wow, three limited editions...

Nice amps....

Welcome to the heart of PG-addicts....
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

umm are we looking at a crate? Nice box I guess. :hmm:
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Isn't there something branded on the box as well? wouldn't be too hard to recreat with a pencil and a wood burning kit or solder iron.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

oldschoolfan wrote:Thanks joerg, I will give them a shout. So you made yours too?! I would like to see it. My fas is 087, route 66 #0772. Both FAS and SOFAS have the matching AX406. I am dying to ask, what is the Dr. Frank Amp'n Stein?
I will take some pics tonight and added all your amps to the registry. 8)

The DFAS is a one of custom made amplifier that houses 2 original MS2250 boards in a franked MS1000 sink with a nice custom made shroud. It´s not finished right now as i´m still waiting for my MS1000 sink. I´m going to post pictures when he´s finished for sure 8)
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

ttocs wrote:Isn't there something branded on the box as well? wouldn't be too hard to recreat with a pencil and a wood burning kit or solder iron.
One of my SOFAS-crates has Phoenix Gold branded into the top 8)
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

I'll post some pics of my FAS crate tonight. Even the FAS itself as it is out of car at this time.
I'm pretty sure it's original with straw and stuff, but there is no PG identifier anywhere on the outside. I'll check again with my glasses on this time. Standby, over.

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Thanks Jeorg and Hosehead. Can't wait to see those pics and I can't wait to see the Franked MS1000!