RSDC102 Enclosure Suggestions/Dimensions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
angelgarcia.uwa

RSDC102 Enclosure Suggestions/Dimensions

Post by angelgarcia.uwa »

I'm gonna push 1 rsdc102 with an MA Audio m600xe amp. Am looking for sql in a 1996 Jeep Cherokee. Any suggestions on enclosures to be sealed/vented or any ideas!!!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

the better question is how are you building a box? vented will be about 3db louder but much harder to build the right box
I love seal myself
I am doing the same in my tl instal with a focal 15spl sub i can't wait
if you looking for spl what kinda music of you listen to?
Just remember you will only be running a 10 so it will not hit as hard or as loud as a 12 or 15"
this is why im using a 15" but making the box/type of sub that will play like a 12"
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
angelgarcia.uwa

rsdc102 box

I want to build a box thats for sql, because I listen to so many different kinds of music. One minute I'm listening to the Eagles and the next I'm bumping Trip Lee and Lecrae (Christian Hip Hop), then showing off my rsdc102 with some DJ Magic Mike. Is there such a thing as a vented box for sql?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

yes! port it LOW like 28ish hz.

you will want some fairly capable midbasses to make it blend though
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

What is the world coming to? DJ Magic Mike? What the hell kind of name is that? Sorry, must be my age rearing its ugly head again. :doh:
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

Misfire wrote:What is the world coming to? DJ Magic Mike? What the hell kind of name is that? Sorry, must be my age rearing its ugly head again. :doh:
Showing your age..... How old are you, LOL? Magic Mike is OLD SCHOOL tape deck stuff (late 80's)! And it definetely hits the lowest of the low bass!

"DJ Magic Mike make the car go BOOM!" ........now i feel old :)
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

WERD!!!!!!
I love 'OL SKOOL bass trax....... From the days of mini-trucks with 20 woofers in the bed.....

I like sealed on this woofer myself...... But if ya go ported, plan for a large box and as Fowler said beefy mid blend..... If yer gonna go ported, get 2 more woofers and run 3 sealed...... About the same size box and will pound balls..........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
angelgarcia.uwa

If I go sealed, the phoenix gold specs are to have about a .5 cu ft. enclosure. That may be my route for SQL. My mids are Planet Audio 5.25 (4) running off of a JVC KDR200 head unit.
kg1961
Got wood?

itgwm

Post by kg1961 »

than I would say go sealed mids off a deck will never have the mid bass(or clean sound) you need for ported also they are only 5.25". I would buy a 4 channel amp. Trust me after you add real power to the mids you will never go back
just remember the .5cub is before you put the sub in so count for the speaker displacement!! You will love it
2020 honda accord sport
angelgarcia.uwa

a 4 chan amp in addition to my 2 chan amp or to power my 4 mids AND my sub?
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

yes put all them on real amp power
2020 honda accord sport
angelgarcia.uwa

(2) Planet Audio TQ522 RMS 80w/pair = 160W total

PG RSDC102 600w RMS

At least a 750W RMS 4 channel amp?
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

oh man... DJ Magic Mike was the SH*T back in the day... thats how I used to attract attention from "the ladies" way back in HS...

ooh... I get I still have a DJMM cassette around here somewhere... maybe in the attic at my parents place, going to have to dig that bad-boy out.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Sorry for not remembering DJMM, guess I was too busy being an idiot with NWA and 2 Short. Then kicking the Outfield and Van Halen.... might I digress, I would agree fully with Bfowler. He is the man with the RSDC woofers.
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Misfire wrote:Sorry for not remembering DJMM, guess I was too busy being an idiot with NWA and 2 Short. Then kicking the Outfield and Van Halen.... might I digress, I would agree fully with Bfowler. He is the man with the RSDC woofers.
LOL NWA... still got a few of those somewhere too. As for 2-short, that guy is STILL putting out records, I have managed to find 14 of them but still havent been able to get my hands on "Life is..." which was my favorite, back in the day.

AAaah... good times.

As for the RSDC - from what I have read, having a box roughtly .6 - .8 seems to be about the "recommended" box size to make them hit nice and hard sealed - thats what I will be running mine in... and all that info came from Bfowler, he's the one that knows.
angelgarcia.uwa

Ok. Done deal. Sealed it is for sql. I will have it built .7 or .9 to accomodate woofer displacement. Will upload pics in a week or so when I get this bad boy rockin!!

Memory Lane CDs/Albums/Artists:

Too Short
Easy E/NWA
Bass Patrol
Quad Force
Nemesis -Munchies For Your Bass
DJ Magic Mike
The 1 Bass Part in "Funky Cold Medina"
69 Boyz and 95 South

I'm 36 and those were the days. Low riders and high volumes. Life in Alabama was great :hurr: