Eclipse AVN726E or Other Double Din Nav?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
davidc81

Eclipse AVN726E or Other Double Din Nav?

Post by davidc81 »

i'm looking for a new nav unit for my car. i currently have a pioneer avic d3 but i would like something newer. i like the features built into the Eclipse AVN726E like ipod, bluetooth, nav, and 5v preouts. any other units i should consider? does anyone own the AVN726E and can give me a review? i'm looking to spend less than $800.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Woofer's Etc has that unit at a very good price. It was above $1000 and is now well below your price range.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

There are definitely some deals to be had on Eclipse products right now as Fujitsu Ten is pulling out of the 12 volt business. That said, you'll want to take a good look at products such as navigation since the long term functionality of a unit like that will be affected by things such as the availability of nav mapping updates.
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

^^ So long as the maps are made by another company you'll be fine. Kenwood for example uses Garmin maps so even if they went belly up today, Garmin will still pump out upgrades of its maps.

I really wanted to get the Eclipse nav but decided not to as as I heard too many negative comments about the nav engine. SHame since its probably the best SQ nav unit there is. I went with the Kenwood as its a Garmin based nav and works every bit as good as a Garmin hand held GPS.
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

didnt know fujitsu ten is going out of business! they always made such great headunits. which kenwood do you recommend?
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

That was news to me as well. They make a ton of OEM for Toyota etc so I'm surpised to hear they would pull out of the industry.

As for the Kenwood I have the DNX5140, coming from an Alpine 9815 the sound is not as crisp but its still very good. I have heard the Pioneers tend to have a lot of system noise. Didn't go Alpine because I think the whole Blackbird seperate GPS module is a malfunction waiting to happen.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Fujitsu Ten is still around, they just decided to pull out of aftermarket 12 volt. I believe they are sticking with the oem side of the business though.

You're right about third party mapping companies so long as they're handling the upgrade process like Kenwood/Garmin are. Unfortunately though, Kenwood's partnership with Garmin is a very unique relationship as far as support and mapping updates.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I thought I heard that they will be continueing their oem lines but they are done with the aftermarket for sure. Unfortunatly I have heard alot of people have been disappointed with them over the last couple of years.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I get Kenwood and Clarion units for just above cost
if there is a unit you like I can call for a price
I picked up my clarion vrx585usb I now its last years nib for 420cnd with warrenty. I picked it up about 6 month ago
I have bought from him many clarion higher end decks over the years 955mc x 2,hxd10,845, 2x 935 decks most are around 200-250
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

probably wont get the eclipse since they're pulling out of car audio. right now i'm between the pioneer z110bt and the kenwood DNX9140. not sure which to get since i can get them for about the same price? :hmm:
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

davidc81 wrote:probably wont get the eclipse since they're pulling out of car audio. right now i'm between the pioneer z110bt and the kenwood DNX9140. not sure which to get since i can get them for about the same price? :hmm:
I would look at the Kenwood as allot of people have problem with Pioneers rca having noise
also i have 2 friend in the last 3 years were they had allot of problem with any moving part the dat cables break ect ect :-$
Im sorry to say I will never own a poineer again (as you can tell I have had a problem or to also)
Clarion, Alpine , Kenwood for me for here on out :hurr:
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have never really been big on pioneers personally after working for 3 places that sold them. I spent too much time pulling and re-installing them for warrenty repairs or replacements then I liked. I am not saying they are a bad unit but they just never impressed me.