Ti12d Elite w/ SPL cone........

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Ti12d Elite w/ SPL cone........

Post by Rold Gold »

So who knows what about this subject..............

I've heard alot of talk about this woofer over the years but can't seem to find much info about..... Anybody have one or is running one.....?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

its caled the mo cone...and i know their isnt many of em
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

As a rule of thumb on this forum.......if anyone has a question about the Ti12d Elite sub brenzbmr@sb will know the answer. :D Great guy and always willing to help out with advice.

I'm not sure if he told me about it in PM or via a post but he had said it was made strictly for SPL, and to stay away from it if you want it for any musical purposes.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

...................well, I don't want to build another SPL system but I couldn't pass up the deal..... Hell, it even came in a double-walled sealed enclosure ready to pound ass...... Seemed pretty musical on the 400 watts he had to demo it...... She's sexy as shit also.........

Might go great with the new Ti2500.1...............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

so....you are saying you got a mo cone?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

yeah just what are you saying exactly-

YOU KNOW THE SAYING...
PIX or POST CHIX
gotta throw us a bone there herry

oh and ps- good chattin' w/ you yesterday!
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Yeah............I gots a SPL CONE.....................
From what I was told,
It was only tested and then shelved so it hasn't seen any real action...... Even has a badass sealed enclosure built specifically for it.........

Pix when I get home tonight.........
Last edited by Rold Gold on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

They built sealed boxes for a SPL sub?
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Here's the SPL cone.............
Attachments
DSC07004.JPG
DSC07004.JPG (128.62 KiB) Viewed 7092 times
DSC07003.JPG
DSC07003.JPG (141.05 KiB) Viewed 7092 times
DSC07001.JPG
DSC07001.JPG (133.75 KiB) Viewed 7092 times
Last edited by Rold Gold on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

thats awesome... that thing needs to see some action though, its just a waste sitting there doing nothing.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

x2 Sealed??? Why for an SPL sub?

Looks great though! I like that cone look more than the normal one.
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Werd..................

I'm looking into aquiring a Ti2500.1 or atleast the 1500.1.........
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

My thousandth post seems perfect for this..... That is one AWESOME looking sub! Any pics of it out of of the enclosure?? Any difference or just a different cone? :clap: :clap: Pure PG sexual flavor right there!!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

soooo, Harold
what else you got?
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

itchnertamatoa wrote:soooo, Harold
what else you got?
That's about it...........................for now as I dipped into the "our money" account to aquire it....... And if I don't replace it real soon like, I'll be sewn into the bed sheets as I sleep and beaten with a baseball bat......

But I might have to sell more of my collection to be able to power this beast........
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:
itchnertamatoa wrote:soooo, Harold
what else you got?
That's about it...........................for now as I dipped into the "our money" account to aquire it....... And if I don't replace it real soon like, I'll be sewn into the bed sheets as I sleep and beaten with a baseball bat......

But I might have to sell more of my collection to be able to power this beast........

At least your wife is cool about it :shock: :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:

At least your wife is cool about it :shock: :lol:

Not really...........but she knows it'll be back before we really need it so she don't bitch to loud...... :shifty: But the sooner the better.... :lol:
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

well you know I'll buy the sub off you if worse comes to worse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

...........................well yeah............... :-#

I'm going to do my damndest to aquire a pair of the new Ti's.....

HINT HINTAAMP folks reading this

I wonder what the "Phorum member discout" will be..........for the Ti2500.1 and Ti600.4 :pirate: Can I call dibs on #0000001 for both amps now.... 8)

Because at that point I say FUKIT and build the Mustang into a ground pounder...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'd luv to do a full out build if I can just afford the amps....... I have everything else to do that build accessory wise...... I think the woofer would luv the power too......
Last edited by Rold Gold on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hmm u have a spl cone

i believe the mo cones are not the same cone.. they were built strictly for him. the cone u and I have are the ti spl cones.

they are not very good sounding cones but they do the job on spl.

being sealed may be why your cone sounds "OK"

i only have one for just saying i have one..

avic ty for credits. its been awhile since i spoke to my texas phorum bro.

if u wanna killer box design for that elite woofer regular cone lemme know.

i have built many differnet ones and know how each will do.

tis is by far the most favorite woofer for low end... but it not the most effecient woofer made.

GOD i wish u all could listen to my car...its amazing
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

there is no dib calling I was told. :D
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

ttocs wrote:there is no dib calling I was told. :D
It's all about who ya know.................... 8) :twisted: 8)
bogart

Post by bogart »

the main diff between is the tolerance...let me reiterate....the gap tolerance...

OK....several things....people shouldn't be so suprised to see an spl driver sealed....

any speaker is just a transducer and will function in any application...the only reason most spl subs are run vented is due to the fact that you would need three times the volume to force the sub to roll off in phase in a sealed with that kind of xmaxx....and sealed subs typically run a lower and smoother output....

true spl enclosures should be tuned well up into the 65 hz range and would be cut off sharply at 45....if not 50. The idea is to tap it out well above the natural range of cancellation in a car.....and with ported enclosures you are going to take a hit on db potential as the car loads and standing waves start stripping the spl numbers...in other words....ported enclosures begin to cancel one another out much quicker as the car loads....

back before they started building subs that just can't run sealed in spl applications most real spl systems were running a bank of sealed enclosures....

that sub is cool as shit....
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I really want to throw 1500 at it and see what she does.......

I have 2 X600.1's that I could use......... But I don't have the correct equiptment to scope them.......