titanium 900.7 power supply

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
maddoctor

titanium 900.7 power supply

Post by maddoctor »

Hi Guys,Never had an amp this nice just starting to appreciate it when when she just quit.Took it to a repair shop they tried and said the replacement transistors just blew again.Took it to a friends shop and he emailed me to say........Mike,

Re: Phoenix Gold Titanium 900.7 amp.

I took apart the amp you brought in last week and diagnosed the problem to the DC to DC converter circuit. The amplifier section is O.K.

The last technician that worked on it had replaced 5 surface mount transistors which are all burnt up. I noticed that the part #'s of transistors he had replaced do not match with the originals that were not de-soldered from the board. In order for me to repair the amp, I need either a schematic or a parts listing of the OEM transistors that were replaced by the previous technician.

I need the manufacturers part #'s of Q172, Q171, Q170, Q169, Q155, Q154, Q152, Q151.

Some of the transistors listed above were not replaced, but the part # written on the top of them are slightly distorted/scratched.

See what you can get me........either a service manual or schematic or OEM part #'s for the transistors listed above etc. I always take a picture of a customer's circuit board before I remove or replace any defective components; this way I can always reference the picture in case I forget which parts go where etc.

If the transistor is burnt up & I can't read the OEM part #, I will not guess & solder a substitute on the board, just like the last technician did..............I would either get a schematic or another working identical amp to read the correct part #'s etc.

Erik.
Last edited by maddoctor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLICK

Post by SLICK »

PM this guy right here : ERIC D ...<-- He might be able to help you ...
Our Rides :
2008 Ford EdGe Limited , Blazin Copper
2004 Ford SVT Lightning , Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L Eaton Supercharged . Powered By Memphis .
2003 Dodge Ram - Stock Stereo , Added Memphis sub and Amp
1997 Dodge Ram - Kenwood / Soundstream / Eclipse / Memphis / Rockford Fosgate / PG

My PG collection : For Sale.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

bogart has taken apart his share of 900.7's too

good luck!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Not sure if it helps, but I do have some high res pics of the internals here:
http://photo.stipud.com/v/stereo/ti9007/
audiogood

Re: titanium 900.7 power supply

Post by audiogood »

While these amps are known to have issues ... Power sulply failers is not one of them ... If you look for one with an bad ch you would be able to rob the power transistors out of it ... Also there is an guy with an 900.7 here ... But he wants $200 cash for it and it has Ben robbed of parts .... But it has the power suply transistors.... You need ..
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

sure is nice of you to pull up a post from over a year and a half ago to help.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dvnt88

Re:

Post by dvnt88 »

SLICK wrote:PM this guy right here : ERIC D ...<-- He might be able to help you ...
Or ...You can pm Valeks1 on the Phorum since he still works on PG amps and knows his stuff. His website is: www.altser.com
and every repair comes with a 90 day warranty. Either or person is a great choice.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Yeah ... Part bord ....part not looking how old the post is ... Lol... Who knows the guy may still have the amp ... And maybe still looking to fix it ... LOL
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Also I was not an member an year and half ago .. as I would have helped then LOL.. I did not know about the phorum till I started looking for parts off the ti600.2.... LOL
maddoctor

Post by maddoctor »

Yes Mike's still here with his broken 900.7 and I really appreciate the replys.I will try your ideas.On another subject why wont my Alpine CVA1003 communicate with my DALP100 xm adapter over the ai-net,i have to go xm1000 tuner audio left /right srtaight to aux input to get sound pain in the ass to change to tuner to select channel and then back to aux to get sound.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

1003 is an old unit, I can't remember if we had satalite radio back when I was selling it but I don't think we did........
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

This post makes me worry about the 900.7 I have in my cupboard. I think it needs a dust out.....
AKA Shaheenk