RSD vs MS amps

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

Bfowler wrote:
BH wrote:I only have 75 watts a side for my Ti Elites. Well the amp is rated at 75 a side @12V and 90 a side @14.4V and I've got plenty of power. Its been a while since I tuned things in that car but I think that I ended up setting it to where 75% of deck volume would yield about 85 watts. And that is PLENTY for this white boy...
from the limited time i sat in car, i did notice that you are signifcntly less of a bass head then Scott seems to be :P
Thats cause my car is an SQ install. Its a little heavier in the bottom end than it was when you heard it now though. More of a listening curve than a flat response. But not far off from flat.
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

slc72005 wrote:
bdubs767 wrote:
slc72005 wrote: i lve the EQ232 it makes tuning to how you wnat it to sound so easy, alot easier then tuning was with the TEQ215 i use to have
how?
if you remembered from SB i really liked how the loud button sounded but it affected my subs to so i did a smiley face. so know theer is a smoother response like that then with my teq215, but again it could be the way that they are installed now in the lincoln (you know correctly :) )
Le facce di sorriso sono per magliette. (Smiley faces are for T-shirts.)
slc72005
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by slc72005 »

BH wrote: Le facce di sorriso sono per magliette. (Smiley faces are for T-shirts.)
i know but i have to tune it by ear as i dont have a RTA to do it.

and putting it as a smilley face makes it sound really good in my car so i stuck with it.

a shop in the area has an RTA that i can use and i will after im done with my install.
Scott Damnjanovic
820 Yosemite Trail
Roselle, IL 60172

630-220-5054
630-980-7154

[email protected]
[email protected]

I have stolen hundreds of dollars from my friends. If you know me, stay away, because I will steal from you too.
slc72005
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by slc72005 »

after hearring what people are saying about the difference between the Ti Elite sub and the RSD sub it's looking more and more like the way to go is to keep the RSD 12 and just get a RSD 1200.1 and a RSD 500.4 for the front.

plus running the RSD amps would be alot cheaper on the pocket book and every revies of the RSD amps have been great

the only down side i see is that i wont have a subsonic filter for the sub :)

too bad PG only put subsonic filters on the amps and not on a crossover :) (although the deq might have one, i dont know and also that other 1 off crossover that they made might have one on it, i dont remember the name of it thou)
Scott Damnjanovic
820 Yosemite Trail
Roselle, IL 60172

630-220-5054
630-980-7154

[email protected]
[email protected]

I have stolen hundreds of dollars from my friends. If you know me, stay away, because I will steal from you too.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

slc72005 wrote:after hearring what people are saying about the difference between the Ti Elite sub and the RSD sub it's looking more and more like the way to go is to keep the RSD 12 and just get a RSD 1200.1 and a RSD 500.4 for the front.

plus running the RSD amps would be alot cheaper on the pocket book and every revies of the RSD amps have been great

the only down side i see is that i wont have a subsonic filter for the sub :)

too bad PG only put subsonic filters on the amps and not on a crossover :) (although the deq might have one, i dont know and also that other 1 off crossover that they made might have one on it, i dont remember the name of it thou)
go sealed....tommorow Im gonna have fun tho playing w/ an rsd :)...

1.8 cu ft sealed tuned to about 50hz I think it was w/ ~ 1500 watts :twisted: :twisted:
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
slc72005
BANNED!!!!!1111

Post by slc72005 »

bdubs767 wrote:
go sealed:
i would lose to much output that way, remember my sub is firring into trunk and trunk is basically sealed off from the car.

im about to post a new thread about my box in a few minutes, you might be able to help on that one
Scott Damnjanovic
820 Yosemite Trail
Roselle, IL 60172

630-220-5054
630-980-7154

[email protected]
[email protected]