RSDcs 6.5 Question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Misfire

RSDcs 6.5 Question

Post by Misfire »

I need to upgrade my wife's car stereo speakers. I am looking at a set through egay for 90 bucks, the RSDCS 6.5 set. Are they really that good? Or should I buy the new Ti series when I am in Portland this upcoming weekend?? They would run on her stock amp... I have no clue how much power it has since it is the stock amp in the GLX model, but I will be adding an M44 to replace the stock amp. A ZX200 will be running either a 12" Kicker OS comp or a 12" octane. That raises a whole new question... is the new PG Ti 12 as good as the older RSDc??? Let me hear it guys! Thanks again! And what is the price of the new Ti 12's?
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Mos def the rsd's rock son. i haven't installed them in a car yet, actually doing that tomorrow, but i have the woofers in some small book shelf speakers sealed and they rock. Ive listened to them with an xs2300, a x200.4, and powered with a bookshelf stereo and they sounded good on all three. of course the more power the better but even with low power i was very surprised. As far as you sub goes, Im hoping the ti will be an improvement but as cheap as you can get rsdc's i think it is a no brainer.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

you're in albany right? wanna hear some in my girlfriends mazda :)

to answer your question...they pretty much rock.

if you can get a good deal on the new ti's...go for it...but rsd's seem to go super cheap constantly
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Just seal the mid.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998