Phoenix Gold Team Member Amplifier MS2250 MINT! NR

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
pescador 17

Phoenix Gold Team Member Amplifier MS2250 MINT! NR

Post by pescador 17 »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to show you guys this mint MS2250 we won on EBAY, the listing said it was MINT! so we bid on it and won it. Here are the pics that were posted on Ebay:

Now comes the sad part, the amplifier showed up totally damaged it was packaged horribly, an amplifier is very heavy and a few bubble bags are not sufficient to protect an amplifier in transit. I tested this amp when it arrived and it is damaged internally also besides all the external damage. It does turn on but the sound is all bad/static/hiss. Check it out:

Here is a link of the photos of the damage, including a bunch of photo's of the box it was shipped in.
http://s655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... amaged_PG/

What do you guys think of this Rare Items Fate?? :doh:
Wish Nico Boom had packaged this baby for us too... Now he knows how to package precious metal.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Whoever sold you that shoulda fuckin known better. this is why I wont buy from ebay.
Edit: in fact im thinking this amp must have been stolen. anyone that should have had a team ms amp would not have done this. i just cant see that happening :x
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Look on the bright side, the shroud protected the amp itself from damage and that is a good thing. Once you get the sound issues sorted out the amp will be good to go for a long time.

You might be able to bend the shroud back together. Someone with a lot of sheet metal experience can probably get that looking like new.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
trl2112

Post by trl2112 »

That suck! The packaging is totally unacceptable for something of that weight. I hate to see this happen to an irreplaceable item.
JayGold

Post by JayGold »

Fragile...Oh yeah that'll help :evil:

Looks like Jennifer from Kalamazoo, MI needs to take the class PACKAGING 101 at her nearest community college....what a dope!

tonym

Post by tonym »

man that sucks ass.... ...

wht they cant take a min and screw it to MDF longer and wider than the amp ...then use lots of soft stuff for the top is beyond me
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Feel so sorry for you... :x
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

man that sux ass!!!!!! but like eric said it could have been worse if the shroud wasnt there to protect it!!
pescador 17

Post by pescador 17 »

We ended up fixing the shroud it looks just like new now.

Maybe even better than new... :hurr: :hurr: What you guys think?
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

That's great!

Did you get to fix internal problem too?
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Awesome repair. You would never know what it looked like if you didn't see it.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

nice work! :clap:
tonym

Post by tonym »

did you re pc it? or paint?
pescador 17

Post by pescador 17 »

tonym wrote:did you re pc it? or paint?
Its Marine Paint (We rebuild boats for a living)

Internal Problem hasn't been fixed yet... :violin: (waiting on parts)
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Glad to see that amp get some love! Excellent repair!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

good god, not even double boxed or ANYTHING for that matter :(

are you going after the seller for damages? Please tell me you are there is no need for this to slide.

Good work on the repair though looks better then it did in the mint photos from the Ebay auction ad.
JK

Post by JK »

well! if u want to get rid of it. I WILL BUY IT :) I just went threw something simular. i just cant belive that i have let that one slip threw my hands.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

It looks as if the shroud took most of the beating, which probably protected the amp itself from further damage.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Sadly there are always, and always will be, people who do not care for their stuff after collecting the money.
After selling a item, I get bussy how to pack the item properly within the maximum allowed weight, and still providing maximum protection.
It's bad to see such a nice shrouded amp get busted up that way.
It's good to see such a nice shrouded amp getting repaired that way.
Compliments for your repairing-skills Carlos. :thumbs:
[So you're hooked on MS-amps without a doubt.. :wink: ]
pescador 17

Post by pescador 17 »

nico boom wrote: Compliments for your repairing-skills Carlos. :thumbs:
[So you're hooked on MS-amps without a doubt.. :wink: ]
Thanks for all the compliments everyone, Nico this the the amp I sort of mentioned before when I said we had had some major problems with UPS before... :doh:
pescador 17

DON'T USE UPS, UPS stands for U PAY SUCKER

Post by pescador 17 »

JayGold wrote:Fragile...Oh yeah that'll help :evil:

Looks like Jennifer from Kalamazoo, MI needs to take the class PACKAGING 101 at her nearest community college....what a dope!

I believe you are right about the seller after all, The sellers name was Jennifer (eBay ID: jenndry76), I just did a search of the forums and found the post she had made whilst she was here for a few days.... The listing ended on Jan-23-10 09:36:46 PST - Phoenix Gold Team Member Amplifier MS2250 MINT! NR, and her posts were just before it ended.

When she was notified of the damage she responded with this:

Seller's message:
"Any reimbursement will be the responsibility of UPS. Even though you were not charged extra, I paid for $780.00 worth of insurance on this shipment (tracking #1z450X070342605472). Shipment was packed ample with styrofoam on each corner, styrofoam on each end, amp was wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and air envelopes."

Well if it had any of that stuff in the box it somehow evaporated away during shipment, because when we opened the box all we found was popped air bags, its amazing how even the bubble wrap dissapeared but the air bags didn't since they are both made from the same materials...

Also I am sure some of us here have dealt with UPS insurance before and know the outcome of our claim even before I mention it, They would not give us a penny because we refused to give them the amp so they could investigate, we did all that they asked with photos and all but they still denied our claim, saying it was the senders fault, and eGay also denied us a claim all they said was as follows:

"Mar 05, 2010 at 8:35 AM eBay Customer Support has closed the case.
eBay Customer Support comments:
We have decided to close this case. You weren't issued a refund and no further action is required."

No explanation at all. So lesson learned. :naughty: :naughty:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

yea ups is useless and paypall use to be able to help protect people from that crap but I think it has all gone away now. I am always amazed at the condition of the box of what I have ordered and it is amazing how I become religous and start praying when I open almost any box now......
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
KUB3

Post by KUB3 »

Damn that repair is stunning! I'd have cried for a day, then screamed for another day. Those amps need bolting to an MDF sheet then packed in a ton of bubble.
tonym

Post by tonym »

what fixed the hiss?
pescador 17

Post by pescador 17 »

tonym wrote:what fixed the hiss?
We haven't fixed the hiss yet, but when tested we found that a few of the transistors didn't test well at all, so its been planned to replace all the transistors and all the caps, for starters.