Need Help Adjusting Xenon 1200.1

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I will rent you my oscope with the disks to tune it and instructions on how to do it if you want. $10 plus shipping and you can tune it perfectly.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
SlinkComa

Post by SlinkComa »

I have the Memphis 16-VBF1RB. It has 5 indicator bulbs in this order:

RED- Overload
YELLOW- 5 volts
GREEN- 3 volts
GREEN- 1 volt
GREEN- Power

So I'm assuming the red bulb is supposed to light up when I have the gain set too high. It's a lot easier when the equipment actually tells you when your effin up :doh: . The Xenon 1200.1 has a blue LED that lights up when it has power, but do you know if the blue LED will glow red once it starts clipping? Thanks for being patient, I know I'm asking a ton of questions, but I have learned a lot in the past few days posting here. It's cool to get the help from you guys who actually know what to do in each situation and be cool about helping people like me who are too hard headed to pay an audio shop to do the work.
Last edited by SlinkComa on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlinkComa

Post by SlinkComa »

ttocs- Yea man that would be a huge help! As long as the instructional disks are designed for a person with no prior knowledge of the tool to be able to understand how to use it then that would be awesome.
Last edited by SlinkComa on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

overload normally means that the speaker wires are shorted but it might be different with that piece.

No math involved with a scope, it is all visual. Just start with all your gains down and deck volume about 3/4. Hook up the scope(2 connections) and then start to adjust your gains until the picture isn't so pretty and the nice smooth peaks become flat and get clipped off.

I am working with it myself now but would include instructions with it, along with the cd needed and instructions. Give me a week or so to work it out but once I get it down it is a much more accurate way to set things up and easier then with a multimeter...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
SlinkComa

Post by SlinkComa »

Take as much time as you need. For now Holmis gave me step by step instructions to get it ball park close where it should be. Anything is going to drastically improve the sound quality from where it's at now. After adjusting it the way I did when I first got it, THEN becoming a member here and seeing what I was SUPPOSED to do.... I definitely should have came here first and talked to you guys. I consider myself a lucky guy that it hasn't gotten destroyed yet.

I really appreciate you willing to rent out your o-scope to me. This is one system that I've been particularly knit picky about because it's the first one I've installed on my own without paying a car audio shop to do it. Plus the W7 is a bad ass woofer, but it has to be tuned just right in order to take full advantage of its capabilities. I'm hoping once it's tuned that it will be just as loud or louder than my last system. I had 2 12'' Memphis M3's and the mcd-1300 (Memphis Big Belle 5 chnl amp). Either way thanks again for helping me get this system tuned exactly where it should be. Let me know how you want to do this and I'll give ya what you need.