HEY GUYS 1st Artwork App

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wow! Sucks about losing your job!

I sure hope your business works out for you. It is way cooler to be your own boss :pray:
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

okay ladies...

fucking bangin'

i took video, but locked out of my youtube account for some weird reason...

what else is out there thats like youtube thats the new up and coming guys!?!??!

but in lieu of that- here are some pic's!

FUNKIN
GONUTS

couple few, what i believe to be, contamination spots/occurances from not wearing gloves during artwork application... we'll see next time i guess....BUT aside from that- this shit is is fricken banana's! it looks so fu&^ING KOOL- it's bonkers dood!

real nice, real nice...

i think this artwork thing may work out okay for now anyways- untill someone wishes to get the screens made and shit- but i'm sticking to this and will can do to spice it up.... we'll still have yet to see how it works on the larger AND much smaller stuff, but if this is any indication, i am pleased...

not only this type stuff, but sign making perhaps, or whatever- local work for guys- who knows... just neat to see it actually pan out after a year or so of tryial and error...!

m
Attachments
IMG_5761.jpg
IMG_5761.jpg (159.75 KiB) Viewed 8795 times
IMG_5760.jpg
IMG_5760.jpg (173.63 KiB) Viewed 8795 times
IMG_5759.jpg
IMG_5759.jpg (149.71 KiB) Viewed 8795 times
Last edited by mhyde71 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Looks incredible! Laser printer? Really? Cool.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

NICE!! This is soo cool. I am really glad that this turned out sweet! :clap: :clap: Good work yo! :D
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

thanks guys!

tryin' now to get back to getting caught up
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That's awesome Matt! I'm glad this is working out for you after all of the research and effort you've put into printing images.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Quick, someone pour some water on Matt..........he's on fire. :P
gbody805

Post by gbody805 »

AWs-some man. It looks great!

Where does the line start? :drool:
Kenwood H/U
Elite 961
Elite 61
2X Xmax 15"
2X Ti elite 12D
2X Ti 600.2
Ti 1000.2
Ti 800.1
2X Ti1200.1
money-b

Post by money-b »

fucking awesome!!!! i wish it would work on my amp covers,lol!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
tonym

Post by tonym »

matt...it all looks BAD...send it all to me and I wont charge you to get rid of it :)

shit looks better than silkscreen form the pictures...

and let us rate ur stuff ...not you....you are tooooo hard on urself...

keep it up man...
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Nice Fuckin' Work ...damn that looks nice :metal: . Sent ya a PM in regards to getting 2 TI chassis's powder coated :hmm: , thanx and great work, definitely looks "TITS" :twisted: .
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

tonym wrote: shit looks better than silkscreen form the pictures...
i would almost have to go along with that... it is fricken sweet looking and just wished everyone could see it in person...
BUT when you walk away from the piece... (at least for me) i find myself thinking and feeling as though the artwork looks to be suspended in mid-air in the piece. hard to explain...BUT given there are a number of coats on this piece, of which were all primarily candy coatings... the artwork looks to be levitating in the middle... hard to explain, but it's really cool looking for sure...

dvnt- will reply here shortly.

my next one of these might not be for a lil bit...BUT I really want to do one in MS white or MS grey- with the RCA logo or the team member logo- or maybe one of each...

i know itchy would like the RCA logo one.

BUT would guys actually sport these on there cars you think?

what would one be willing to pay for one i wonder... between costs and time, i would say that for $60.00 shipped lower 48, i think i could make it happen... Which gets you a primer coating, then single base coat CYC (color your choice), and artwork applied, then two clear coats or candy coats CYC.

so for example if you are running white TA's in the trunk, perhaps you would want White with the Blue and gold PG logo artwork, or bessy loves david or something- i duhno...

just thinking out loud. does 60 sound like enough for this work and piece? if all i made where white ones, all the same everything, of which i could prolly do like 15-20 at same time, then i could go prolly even lil cheaper...BUT by a person to person custom order for each one- we'll that takes time....

OR maybe if you have two cars and would like matching plates? just thinking out loud still...

perhaps i make one, auction it on the bay, and see what happens- start at .99 NR and let'er rip... maybe only 10$- that would suck.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

mhyde71 wrote:
tonym wrote: shit looks better than silkscreen form the pictures...
i would almost have to go along with that... it is fricken sweet looking and just wished everyone could see it in person...
BUT when you walk away from the piece... (at least for me) i find myself thinking and feeling as though the artwork looks to be suspended in mid-air in the piece. hard to explain...BUT given there are a number of coats on this piece, of which were all primarily candy coatings... the artwork looks to be levitating in the middle... hard to explain, but it's really cool looking for sure...

dvnt- will reply here shortly.

my next one of these might not be for a lil bit...BUT I really want to do one in MS white or MS grey- with the RCA logo or the team member logo- or maybe one of each...

i know itchy would like the RCA logo one.

BUT would guys actually sport these on there cars you think?

what would one be willing to pay for one i wonder... between costs and time, i would say that for $60.00 shipped lower 48, i think i could make it happen... Which gets you a primer coating, then single base coat CYC (color your choice), and artwork applied, then two clear coats or candy coats CYC.

so for example if you are running white TA's in the trunk, perhaps you would want White with the Blue and gold PG logo artwork, or bessy loves david or something- i duhno...

just thinking out loud. does 60 sound like enough for this work and piece? if all i made where white ones, all the same everything, of which i could prolly do like 15-20 at same time, then i could go prolly even lil cheaper...BUT by a person to person custom order for each one- we'll that takes time....

OR maybe if you have two cars and would like matching plates? just thinking out loud still...

perhaps i make one, auction it on the bay, and see what happens- start at .99 NR and let'er rip... maybe only 10$- that would suck.
PM sent and Matt ...charge what it's worth :hmm: as a lot of work goes into custom stuff and the value for the quality of work speaks for itself :thumbs: .
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

All I know is it's fucking sweet, if you need to charge me some more just let me know.........shit I'll take two, one for the ride and one for the shrine. :lol:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I needs my M tops coated and printed......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I need my Route 66 redone please.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Matt is this a similar process to what I had talked to you about before?
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^ TBH i am not sure... TBH i forget what we spoke about...BUT i dont think it is the same... no. It was what i had been trying/thinking of for last oh say like 2-3 months or so... i had gotten the supplies a month or two before i went to china... and was just waiting for right moment/chance to get the printer i needed...

your way sounds a little different i think-

but we could compare the specifics to be sure.

m
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

custom work costs $$$
as said before, charge what it costs + a little extra to make it worth your while ...

great job so far
I'll be emailing you later tonight when I get home
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
money-b

Post by money-b »

dam matt....find a way to do this to our amp covers.....work your magic and just wave your magic wand (powder coat sprayer...if that's even close to being correct) or go into your bag of tricks and come up with a way to have us (ti people) to enjoy in all the fun...(and hard work for you)....,lol anyway...nice fucking work matt!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Good stuff looks great.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

That looks very sweet... too bad in BC we have to sport legit plates on the front otherwise, I might be interested (despite how advertising for PG might attract thieves).

Bang up job, man.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
JBABY ELITE

Post by JBABY ELITE »

:clap: Looks awesome :clap:
Yes I am a girl and my chick car is a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse with a full alpine system.
Head Unit: Alpine IVA-200
Mids&Highs: 2 sets of Alpine TypeX 6.5" comp.
Mid Amp: Alpine MRD-4Ch
Subs: 2 TypeX 12's in ported box
Sub Amp: Mark Antony MK-2500D
vwguy3

M44 Cover

Post by vwguy3 »

How much would you think you would want to do original M44 art work? Just the art work. I am going to blast and PC the cover and then could send it to you.

Thanks
Justin
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

Well- while i appreciate the work... heres where the prob lays.

you strip and coat and ship to me...
the problem or ambivilence i am having is the fact that it will be going through quite a bit between your coating there and me applying artwork and re-coating here... leaves door open big time for contamination or imperfections to occur in the finish- B/C i have to clear coat after the artwork application to seal it all in....

So while i would welcome the work i would be concerned about the final results not looking the way they should...
I mean shit- i sand blast and then dont touch it again with bare hands HERE IN SHOP, throughout the whole process and traditionally until it hits the customers hands. AND all the while and all the attention to that process i have... I still have to deal with the occasional bug flying into it, dust landing on it just hanging in shop while changing colors, or whatever something stupid - while it might not look contaminated afetr touching it and stuff, it's the oils on fingers that will cause fish-eyes in the clear coat i would be putting on at this end.

might we have an alternative option?