Xenon 200.4 run 3way?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
denim

Xenon 200.4 run 3way?

Post by denim »

Has anyone run the X200.4 with tbe rear channels bridged? I ask as I know some 4 channels have plenty of power and are stable to run in 3 way, but can burn up over time. I am going to try to move to a single amp set up as I want to stay light weight and low current draw. So I have a few multi-channel options, and the X200.4 is at the top of the list with my old Orion 8004 and possibly the future Sundown 200.4. Could go with an old ZED build p706, as it is pretty efficient and I could run active front stage again.

But anyway, sorry for the rambiling, just wanting to know about experience with the X200.4 in 3-way?

Would be powering a pair of components and a single Dcon/Icon or prototypes we are working on.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

As long as you aren't a boomer noobie who cranks the gain in the bass channels the amp will be just fine! I have run my 500.4 to earsplitting levels for over 5 years like that, no problem. The Xenon would be even more powerful... a killer one amp setup if you ask me!
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I've been running my X200.4 3-way for the last two years now with no problems. Like stipud said, plenty of power on tap if you decide to turn it up every once in a while.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
denim

Post by denim »

Thanks for the feed back guys. Might be trying out the Bravox CS603CF components up front, so this amp will be plenty of power for them.

I will have to give an update topic later on, as the Mercedes is tragicly gone. Due to time and money limitations, I had to run out and buy a car. Found a killer deal on a little Mazda Protege5 in great shape. So with the much smaller car, the space issue is very important and a single amp solution would be great, if not two very small amps.

I just spent 3 days with Don at Sound Deadener Showdown loading up the car with CLD tiles, CCF patches, and full coverage of MLV. The difference is amazing, as the stock stereo sounds much better and the exterior and road noise is drastically reduced.

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The Mercedes? NOOOO! I loved your car :cry:
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

The X200.4 is a great amp for the configuration you're considering. I'm using mine to power a set of Ti elites in my kick panels and a single RSDC12. The amp performs beautifully. I have to decide whether to add another two channel for my Ti9's or check out another set of components with a bit better midbass extension, but my speaker selection certainly isn't the amp's fault!! :D
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Why do you think that a 4 channel will burn up over time? Amplifier doesn't care, a watt is a watt.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ahsmo wrote:Why do you think that a 4 channel will burn up over time? Amplifier doesn't care, a watt is a watt.
If you clip the shit out of the rear channels, or run them at overly low impedances, you can end up throwing four channels worth of powersupply through the rear channel transistors. It's a failure prone setup if you're a total noob. Anyone who can set gains and hook up a subwoofer half decently shouldn't have issues. Pretty sure Denim can handle it ;)

Put a slot ported Dcon on that puppy!
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

excuse me, not to interupt but seems there might be several unused x1200.1s lying around :hmm:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
denim

Post by denim »

stipud wrote:The Mercedes? NOOOO! I loved your car :cry:
It is a tragic story that I will get into later, breaks my heart. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
denim

Post by denim »

dedlyjedly wrote:The X200.4 is a great amp for the configuration you're considering. I'm using mine to power a set of Ti elites in my kick panels and a single RSDC12. The amp performs beautifully. I have to decide whether to add another two channel for my Ti9's or check out another set of components with a bit better midbass extension, but my speaker selection certainly isn't the amp's fault!! :D
Thanks for the feedback. I realized, I need to run larger / more power as the 200.4 has dual gauge input IIRC.
denim

Post by denim »

12voltjunky wrote:excuse me, not to interupt but seems there might be several unused x1200.1s lying around :hmm:
:?: :?: :?: :?:
denim

Post by denim »

stipud wrote:
Ahsmo wrote:Why do you think that a 4 channel will burn up over time? Amplifier doesn't care, a watt is a watt.
If you clip the shit out of the rear channels, or run them at overly low impedances, you can end up throwing four channels worth of powersupply through the rear channel transistors. It's a failure prone setup if you're a total noob. Anyone who can set gains and hook up a subwoofer half decently shouldn't have issues. Pretty sure Denim can handle it ;)

Put a slot ported Dcon on that puppy!
Thanks, you beat me to it. I am thinking a ported Dcon 10 would do the trick, but will also be testing other drivers in there too. I would like to figure a way to fit the 200.4 and 1200.1 in there, but there is not much space and I don't plan to upgrade the alternator.