RTE 66 ARTWORK Z228R's- RTE 66 COMPLETED!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
shaheen

Post by shaheen »

PG art series
AKA Shaheenk
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

^^^ huh?
lack of sleep sry
but dont understand...?!

matt
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

shaheen wrote:PG art series
Im thinking Shaheen mean like the old PPI ARt series amps (one of the best looking amp IMO) for the recoated pg amps
jus some cool art work on the arts
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

yeah okay then kinda what I was thinking

maybe the car and woman on top cover
guy w/ dog and sparky on the back...

the font is very fiitting iyam...
it is from the 50's like you would see like at a diner or like a sea-fury motor boat w/ fins from 1956...

this should turn out pretty cool in fact!
just a fun amp to have I guess

got some other goodies I will to it once its completed to phaten up the sale/offer
wait till you see these rte 66 oem adornments I have (some oem, some not)- but cool nonetheless
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Matt....................Your my hero!!!!!!
You'll be getting tons of work for sure and I'm gonna get inline now......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

for sure!! book your time and items now....

I can't wait to see the sick ideas you and Joerg/Db/Itchi will be coming up with
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
money-b

Post by money-b »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:Matt....................Your my hero!!!!!!
DITTO!!!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
money-b

Post by money-b »

dvnt88 wrote:
money-b wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: that's some great work imo! it looks really good!
DITTO - Looks great and can't wait to have ya do my TI500.4 and TI1200.1. :twisted:
DOUBLE DITTO!!!!!!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

money-b wrote:
FuzzyHoNutz wrote:Matt....................Your my hero!!!!!!
DITTO!!!
Double DITTO :hurr: , what other graphic options do you have :hmm: ?
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

looks real good man!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
paintguy

Post by paintguy »

Very nice indeed fella 8)
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

Dude, I dig it 100%

Don't re-do this one. It's your first one, right?
Looks great to me. Any imperfections you see will just be push you to further perfection.

Nice Work :clap: :clap:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

This is absolutely fantastic matt! Good work yo! Once the doc gets done looking at my zx500 and it's in your hands you can put that last line on mine as well! I will sport that with pride man! Top Notch work!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Wow, is that my old Route66?? Nice work, it looks so good!!!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

believe it is yes ^^^ and thank you!
think the other one in pic on 1st page is the one from audiophilliac...

yeah so a healthy restoration for the rte 66 indeed!

m
gfunk_nz

Post by gfunk_nz »

Wow very cool, is it all screen printing or something else, it doesn't look like vinyl. I wish you weren't on the other side of the world from me, it would be great to have a few things done by you.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

perhaps arranging a group shipment amoungst a couple/few guys or gals
ideally just sending the metal to be coated- it would save tons of usd, as I wouldn't have to bill for breakdown and reassembly, and you would save on shipment of the weight factor w/o the elec portion of amp/gear
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Looks good Matt! As asked above, is this screen printed? You mentioned transfer paper earlier-- isn't that decals?

Either way, it looks great!

Later,
Jason
M: M100, M44 for a custom amp project
Zx: Zx500, Zx450, Black Zx350
ZxTi: 4 Zx600Ti's, 1 Zx400Ti
Ti: 5 800.1's & 900.7 for a custom amp project. 1 1200.1, 1 1000.2
Tantrum: 2 1200.1's, 1 600.4, 1 500.2
XS: XS6600
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

well yes pretty much ... picture if you will... like model planes and cars and how you do the decal transfer process.

this is same idea/concept but used with special transfer media as used in the ceramics industry and special ink/toners to meet the high-temp needs to be viable for the coating industry. It's a powder coaters dream- certain toner and decal transfers that can withstand the heat of curing coatings and/or ceramics.

respectfully i would have to keep the sources of which i acquired/acquire all this stuff from "secret" (and i do so as well on the coating forums too- which i get hammered with inquiries apprx 1-2 every couple days or so when guys see my work- and/but the guys that ask totally understand) but will say it's not/wasnt cheap, but once you're in, you're in; it is only the media and toner that are your consumables and need to be mindful of. I'm sure that there are other vendors/sources out there... but the one that i order my media from is off shore and, yes... it would prolly behoove me to find someone/a source domestically. Funny thing is though that the stuff i get from these people they dont even show/offer/demonstrate/announce this particular on their web site... they said to me that there are certain/select few niche-markets or specific mfg's that they service and/or cater to, and those industries know how to find them.... (motor/bike helmet makers, bike mfg's, ceramics ppl, etc etc) but they do offer something similar- like a house-hold product for the home user... but doesn't have the hi-temp aspect to it. the high temp quality of it is prolly not so so common, but becoming more and more common as powder coating becomes more and more popular...

NOW to take it a step further... while of course SS'ing is the OEM way about it... but i just dont see it viable to do this type of one-of custom work for someone in my shoes, namely for a couple of reasons:
1) SS'ing is artwork that is last thing applied in the process, leaving the artwork exposed to the outside elements, as you guys see, the artwork is first to go in most cases- this way with coating over it- it seals it in and whatever it is has to beat through the coating first in order to get to the artwork...
2) the cost factor to make screens for just a rte 66, dealing with registration, jig's, trying to keep a coating and blasting shop clean and then the clean up afterwards- with this here all i have is printing left overs from and a tall ass verticle standing bad boy printer/copier in the living room (didnt want to expose it to all the dust in shop so i do it at home...)

---The con's---
1) you can see, with your nose right in it, and on certain angles, the edge or boarder/s of the decal... it is ever so slight...

but for the results, and quality of print you get- it is a no brainer....

SOOO all together and at the end of the day - dollars to doughnuts- and after 2 years of trial and error and getting continuously let down with the exploration of trying to think i could get ss'ing set in place.... it is the only thing i can come up without going into full fledged sublimation process, which would/could be worst case in the 10's of thousands of USD to get into properly, with all decent equip. there are places that will do the printing of sublimation for you... but that is way out of line... maybe it has come down as of late.. but last i checked or knew... there were 1-1.5K minimums and all that stupid crap!

IYAM this process could very well be the improvement or step up from SS'ing- providing you are using this h-temp powder curable stuff, and then clearing over it.

Whats exciting for me is that it is kinda like a whole new way of or at least different way of making outdoor signs. Which is very interesting for me to try to digest. Everyone that comes through the shop and sees the plates i did- they are simply besides themselves. i mean wait till some you guys get these in your hands...
gfunk_nz

Post by gfunk_nz »

What would be the cost to have you re do end plates for things like my MAC500 and MS275? I might even make up new plates and ship them to you to be done nicely.
tonym

Post by tonym »

mhyde71 wrote: Whats exciting for me is that it is kinda like a whole new way of or at least different way of making outdoor signs. Which is very interesting for me to try to digest. Everyone that comes through the shop and sees the plates i did- they are simply besides themselves. i mean wait till some you guys get these in your hands...
That would not be to cost effective would it?

I can get about 200 12x18 signs out of a roll of 85.00 vinyl (50 yards) or are you just talking lic plates? not reg yard or street signs?

Just a thought......And ur secret is safe with me.....ppl try to sell this stuff to us all the time .....I will grab a shitload of stuff for you next time I go...its a very large show for the east coast
rednike

Wooooo

Post by rednike »

Man...damn nice job... :shock:
Outlaw x1
Roadster x1
Octane x1
Reactor x1
Ti 400.2x1
Ti 600.2x1
ZX475 x1
Ti 2500.1 x1
----------------------------
2010 Toyota Highlander 3.5 4WD
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

gfunk_nz wrote:What would be the cost to have you re do end plates for things like my MAC500 and MS275? I might even make up new plates and ship them to you to be done nicely.
pm sent...

gave you a few options/ideas & thoughts
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

SORRY ABOUT THE BAD PICS GUYS!
but camera is broke, had to take w/ cell

but the back is done... save the clear coat, but artwork is done!

kinda feel as though the guy/dog could have been shifted over to the left just a lil bit.. and in doing so, sparky should shift to the right a lil...so a little off as far as being centered...but this stuff is difficult in fact... Took me all morning and two runs to get it to this acceptance point- not gonna fool with it any more- it looks fine in person...

re-did the cover as far as like from scratch as the artwork once applied and dried there aint no removing it w/o compromising the coating finish- so i stripped the cover and did it again (which took like 4 times to get it right to my level of satisfaction/QC).
Attachments
IMAGE_117.jpg
IMAGE_117.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
IMAGE_116.jpg
IMAGE_116.jpg (32.1 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
IMAGE_115.jpg
IMAGE_115.jpg (25.09 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
IMAGE_114.jpg
IMAGE_114.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
IMAGE_113.jpg
IMAGE_113.jpg (27.41 KiB) Viewed 6707 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

not a fan of that. :violin:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.