shorted zx 600 ti

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ReneBMW

shorted zx 600 ti

Post by ReneBMW »

hello,

after playing for a long time without problems my subwoofer amp just stopped, it just died, no lights, no movement of the fan, only this horrible smell coming from an electric part, and i know that aint good.
i took everything wich was connected to the amp out and found out that the rddp shorted (+ against -) and this isnt fused.
any idea of what part could be broken?
or does this mean beybey for my amp?
when i check the rddp output (+-) with a digital multimeter there is 0.5 or so volt, this should be 12.
and when i measure impedance between the + and ground i get different readings everytime.
i hope somebody can help me because when it comes to electronics...
thanks in advance, Rene
ReneBMW

Post by ReneBMW »

ok, so its dead...
nobody has any idea?
i bought a zpa 0.3 to rplace it, sounds even better.
if anyone needs parts for the titanium 600, just let me know.
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

If the case is good i would be interested.

I wouldnt give up on it yet if it was me, the amp guru guys on this site arnt always on here regularly so they mite not have seen your original post :D

My skills at fixing amps are nil, but i have a 600.2 with a crap looking case that i would be interested in yours to make it look good again if you decide to sell it
dry with match
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Happened to me with 2 ZX475Ti, at least ur car didn't catch on fire!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

Power supply blowup
tonym

Re: shorted zx 600 ti

Post by tonym »

ReneBMW wrote:hello,

after playing for a long time without problems my subwoofer amp just stopped, it just died, no lights, no movement of the fan, only this horrible smell coming from an electric part, and i know that aint good.
i took everything wich was connected to the amp out and found out that the rddp shorted (+ against -) and this isnt fused.
when i check the rddp output (+-) with a digital multimeter there is 0.5 or so volt, this should be 12.
and when i measure impedance between the + and ground i get different readings everytime.
thanks in advance, Rene
send it to valeks1

he will have it running top notch in no time...
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

tonym wrote:

thanks in advance, Rene
send it to valeks1

DITTO on Valeks (Alek) :thumbs: , brought my ti 500.4 to him last week and he's already got it fixed :shock: an ready for me to pick up on Tuesday :hurr: , great guy and knows his shit. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
tonym

Post by tonym »

dvnt88 wrote:
tonym wrote:

thanks in advance, Rene
send it to valeks1

DITTO on Valeks (Alek) :thumbs: , brought my ti 500.4 to him last week and he's already got it fixed :shock: an ready for me to pick up on Tuesday :hurr: , great guy and knows his shit. :twisted:
yeah he hooked my outlaw up last week....left chan on m50 power supply on m100 side ...replaced all caps...and back home in the create :)