Brand new Cyclone - a very sad day...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Brand new Cyclone - a very sad day...

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

I moved from the Gold Coast to Brisbane Australia and on the way one of the tie downs snapped. I even heard it go so I pulled over on the M1 but before I stopped a box flew out of the box trailer landing in between lane 5-6. I knew straight away what it was and dread came over me.

I parked up in the service lane and walked back to watch a truck clip the box opening it up. The Cyclone only came out of the box last minute but landed lightly with no damage.

I watched for 10 minutes as everyone dodged it and there was a moment where I could of easily ran over and picked it up but chickened out to wait for a safer moment.

Then this fuck swerved towards it hitting it (I cried) it exploded (the guy would of gotten one hell of a fright) the alloy ring went right threw his front bar cutting it nearly in half the motor bounced hard about 5 times under his car.

I just stood there numb. I felt like someone had died... :cry:
Last edited by reallyxxxxxxloud on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1
ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4
AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
ECLPISE 10" X2 SW9102
PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES X2
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

:cry: I am sorry to hear that man, that TOTALLY BLOWS.

At least you weren't hurt trying to get it, did you make it ok other than that?

Why would someone swerve to hit a box with someone standing on the side of the road?? It's not like it's not obvious that it's probably yours, since you are standing by the road looking at it... I hope it messed up the car at least. Hopefully hit a brake line causing catastrophic failure of the car and consequent death of the driver. What a tool.

Sorry to hear this man...
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that sucks. Moving always sucks but to watch that would have driven me nuts.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
reallyxxxxxxloud

It was out of the box so looking at it then seeing me then driving over it what an asshole... Because I have collected these and carefully restored them it broke my heart seeing it die. At least if it was stolen it would be used but to see it destroyed (and never played) made me cry.
DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1
ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4
AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
ECLPISE 10" X2 SW9102
denim

Post by denim »

Wow, horrible story. :(
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well at the very least, I would hate to think that thing hitting my car, you are not going to buff that out. I hope the cost of the dudes repairs is just under his ins deductable...........

We feel your pain, I have only installed and listened to one and always wanted it since.
marko

Post by marko »

that totally sucks :cry:
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hell of a way to lose a clone! :shock:

Sorry for your loss. :cry:
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

wow dood- that is insane... what a maroon, what a corn ball idiot fuk-nut-

what a sad story to hear about and have happen to you!
so sorry for your loss

m
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

was/is the motor salvageable? I have 3/4 of a clone, only thing missing is the motor- the assembly is in quite good shape, if that is salvageable at all you could piece one back together- the wing is perfect, and I have another plexi and end plate as well- magnet is fine-
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

a story like that would make me offer that we do another collection to help ya but there is no way we could raise enough to replace it.....
reallyxxxxxxloud

Wow I'm deeply flattered guys. Its funny how strangers here are so supportive when bigger FORUM communities can be the opposite. No the motor disintegrated when it went under his car. He would of been doing 120 km when he hit it. I actually remember seeing the vane/magnet/motor all in different places. Like I said it would of done damage to his undercarriage. Plus the obvious damage of his front bar 8) .
ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4
AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
ECLPISE 10" X2 SW9102
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

we are cooler then most phorums 8)
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

What can I do to help... I could in no way afford a Cyclone but I am willing to help you in any way I can! This phorum has helped me so much and to be able to return the favor would be my pleasure. It may seem out of reach but with friends pulling together we may be able to at least help in some way. Let me know and I'm there!
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Audible Physics XR3m (mid)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I would help donate a little if I could but a replacement would be very expensive if we could even find you one.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
Kurt Wild

Post by Kurt Wild »

Something tells me these cyclones are very rare, but are they any good? I remember reading a test like over ten years ago, but can't remember the verdict.

Personally I prefer looking at conventional cone woofers, as long as they are heavy duty gear.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Must have been some low-life high on crack behind the wheel of a stolen car. I would never deliberately drive over anything larger than a cigarette butt at high speed. I had to pay for my car myself yousee.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

your questions tell me that you have not seen nor heard one up close. I think they look 10x cooler then any sub out there and can fill in the extremely low end bass like no-other IMO. Someone will probably get on here and complain about the motor noise but when they are operating properly, you will not hear it over the bass.........
Kurt Wild

Post by Kurt Wild »

Matter of taste, isn't it? I think a cyclone looks like a manhole or something, but that's just me. I have been in love with traditional subwoofers almost all my life. My pet project at the moment is a JBL 1200GTI. Its going to rock! In the nineties when car hifi was booming :D I remember drooling at PG amps and JBL GTI subs..