ti elite crossover

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
wooferdog

ti elite crossover

Post by wooferdog »

does anyone know how you adjust the tweeter level on the ti elite crossover or have a manual? thanks
todd217

Post by todd217 »

ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I don't think there is a tweeter level adjustment on it. There is the jumper on the front but that is for the woofer selection(5 or 6 inch) but as I sit here lookin at the x-over infront of me I do not see a tweeter adjustment.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

so it just has 2 positions ,jumper in or out?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well on or off but yes. Next to it, it tells what each setting will do. If that has worn off and you need me to type it out here for you let me know. I have it sitting on my desk next to the Ti 9 so that I can admire them until I get to install and enjoy them.....
joyride

Post by joyride »

For some reason I thought that on the 5's, jumper in meant +3 but on the 6 out was -3. (those may be backwards, so you should test it out)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

man now that I have actually taken the time to read what is on the x-over for the first time ever I guess... I have looked at it many times and noticed that it listed the Ti5 and Ti6 no there and just assumed that it made the x-over freq different for the different woofers as there is noting about it in the manual.

if you have the 5, and and the jumper in there it is +2, with out the jumper it is +0.
if you have the 6 it and the jumper is there it is +0, with out the jumper it is -2.
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

Not to hijack this thread but it says that the LEDs turn on. My LEDs don't light up anyone have a video of these suckers with the LEDs in action?
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I thought under moderate to high volume it is supposed to light up but I have never tried it yet.
joyride

Post by joyride »

LEDs are powered by the music. no music=no energy. Loud music = more energy= LED's on. Put on a bass heavy song, adn the will pulsate to the beat.
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

im yet to see them turn on
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

dontlookatme wrote:im yet to see them turn on

you need more power like a jiggawatt...lol
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

drove up to 88mph and still no lights lit up but i did set the road on fire
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

maybe just the led is burnt out
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

on 2 cross overs all 6 leds?
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
opimax

Post by opimax »

I am running a zx500 on mine,150 per channel, they bounce to the music when it gets loud. I tried finding out at what wattage they would lite up but no one seemed to know.

My theory is the speakers are designed to run at 75 watts and up so around there is my guess. They were designed to be shown so at a "reasonable" level they should come on.

Mark
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I thought the leds lighting up were more of a power protection system similar to what bose does on many of their models. When the signal is pushed into clipping, the DC voltage that is produced is what lights up th leds. This burns off some power and helps to save the speakers. Try turning it way the hell up past 88 mph into what you would normally like to hear.....
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

ttocs wrote:I thought the leds lighting up were more of a power protection system similar to what bose does on many of their models. When the signal is pushed into clipping, the DC voltage that is produced is what lights up th leds. This burns off some power and helps to save the speakers. Try turning it way the hell up past 88 mph into what you would normally like to hear.....
so should i run my power wire from my flux capacitor?
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

as longs as you do NOT cross the streams. :lol:

I Look forward to getting mine installed and if they don't light up I might have to mount some lights in it to do it when I want it too. I just found a brand friggin new set, I mean still has the connectors on the tweets, screws on the x-over have no scratches on them and they even have all the grills. Guy was nice enough to take payment on them so right now I am just drooling over the pics.
wooferdog

leds

Post by wooferdog »

where exactly are the leds that light up ?
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

It might be when there is a voltage drop the LEDs dance? Like the LED in the distro blocks... just an idea!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

at the top/middle, there is a metal piece under the glass with 3 holes in it and there is an led under the metal piece that lights up the holes.
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

i have sat and blasted music almost close to clipping just to see if it light up and didnt even get a flicker from the leds
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

If I recall correctly some of the older ones didn't have flashing LEDs. Mine only seem to flash if I clip the shit out of the signal, but on 75w they never flash without clipping.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what are they being pushed by? It might have been listed above but I didn't see it.