anybody know anybody who fixes amps?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mistawikid

anybody know anybody who fixes amps?

Post by mistawikid »

i just became the owner of an old school xtant amp. its big and ugly (just like i remember) and doesn't work. i was told it didnt work but not what was wrong with it. need an honest person who knows there shit to check it out!!! i dont NEED it but i figured since it was a freeby i would look into making it play agian....
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
tonym

Post by tonym »

pm valeks1
marko

Post by marko »

xtant amps can be a nightmare to work on and trouble shoot, i would take it straight to someone who knows these rather than a general electronics bod. just a thought.
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

Zed Audio is one of the last big repair centers that works on Xtant amplifiers. I know Zed doesnt have alot of fans here on this site but I have not had a problem with any repair work I have had done with them.

MTX no longer supports the Xtant line it is dead to them and they will not help they do not carry ANY more parts for any Xtant products.

What Xtant did you get for free?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

marko wrote:xtant amps can be a nightmare to work on and trouble shoot, i would take it straight to someone who knows these rather than a general electronics bod. just a thought.
valeks1 is not just some general guy that fixes amps he used to be a pg repair tech so I would trust him to fix it. I thought I read somewhere that he works on extant,could be wrong,if he has the schematics he should be able to fix it no?
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
tonym

Post by tonym »

gridracer wrote:
marko wrote:xtant amps can be a nightmare to work on and trouble shoot, i would take it straight to someone who knows these rather than a general electronics bod. just a thought.
valeks1 is not just some general guy that fixes amps he used to be a pg repair tech so I would trust him to fix it. I thought I read somewhere that he works on extant,could be wrong,if he has the schematics he should be able to fix it no?
from what he told me he worked @ PG for 20 years repairing amps...

he fixed my outlaw with a few issues...sent back all fixed ...and fast like...was only gone a 10 days...
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

tonym wrote:pm valeks1
havent heard anything from him... any other ideas?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have not seen him on here this week. Did you email or pm him
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

mistawikid wrote:

Go to his website, www.altser.com and email him directly :hurr: . He's a busy man, so it may take a little while for him to get in contact with ya. :whistle:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

Shinju wrote:Zed Audio is one of the last big repair centers that works on Xtant amplifiers. I know Zed doesnt have alot of fans here on this site but I have not had a problem with any repair work I have had done with them.

MTX no longer supports the Xtant line it is dead to them and they will not help they do not carry ANY more parts for any Xtant products.

What Xtant did you get for free?

Xtant was part of MTX? I never knew that? How were they related? Did they share similar things? Or completely different?

Thanks
Justind
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

one warning about those amps is to be VERY carefull when you are connecting them. Because you have to take the cover off to set the adjustments and hook them up, it is super easy for a single piece of stripped wire to fall in a place where it shouldn't be and short it out.

I loved Xtant except for the fact that it is still the only amp I have ever installed that I HAD to read the instructions on to set up and tune...
money-b

Post by money-b »

dvnt88 wrote:
mistawikid wrote:

Go to his website, www.altser.com and email him directly :hurr: . He's a busy man, so it may take a little while for him to get in contact with ya. :whistle:
exactly what i did and he emailed me back in about 1 hour! try the website email....maybe he isn't on the phorum much due to work and all.....the website email is his work i think.
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if he is not getting back to you and you have tried that then maybe he is on vacation or something but his responce and turn around time is awsome. He had my eq215ix for just a little over a week
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

he got back to me.... THANKS; hopefully i can get this monster to work?and not go broke doing it!