Powering my RSDC102

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Phoenixcolt

Re: Powering my RSDC102

Post by Phoenixcolt »

ttocs wrote:second skin really is the brand to look at even in if you just go with the standard damplifier IMO. I am getting ready to order some for my stang.
Damplifier pro looks pretty good, looks like they recommend pro and standard for sound and vibration dampener. I wish I could find it for a little less cash though, where are you getting it from?
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

you can get it from a dealer or online but there are no go-betweens on that product. It was a one/man operation until recently and if you want it you know where to get it. It is one of those things that you will forget the price about after you are done and have years of enjoyment from it. If it means waiting a week then do it and get it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

ttocs wrote:you can get it from a dealer or online but there are no go-betweens on that product. It was a one/man operation until recently and if you want it you know where to get it. It is one of those things that you will forget the price about after you are done and have years of enjoyment from it. If it means waiting a week then do it and get it.
Cool man, so what are you using it for in the stang? Exhaust loudness, general road noise cancellation, or vibration deadening like I would use dynamat for?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yes and yes..........

I have previously done the trunk, doors and the floor, and then I added a side exhaust system.... Now I plan on adding some tiles and MLV on the sides around the exhaust area, as well as two RSDC102 and Ti9s in the doors.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Have you used Dynamat or always Damplifier/damplifier pro?

I have a couple dynamat extreme door kits I am going to be doing my doors with since I already bought them but maybe I can damplify the trunk when I am ready.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

used dynamat extreme on the doors as that was before I found second skin. I also use brown bread on my truck and countless other types on customers cars. For my own I will not use anything less then second skin.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Very passionate about this second skin I see :) . Last question, is second skin as heavy as Dynamat Extreme or heavier?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

damplifier is about the same, damplifier pro is thicker/heavier.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

just picked up some fatmat rattletrap - 80-mil thick... grabbed the 50ft bulk pack for the Camaro... have been in and out of the damn hospital for a few weeks now so I havent had a chance to install it, but it looks/feels real nice...
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

You using it to subdue some exhaust noise too? Or sub rattles?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

both... lining the trunk and doors, then whatever is left will be on the floors.

I will be cutting the mufflers out of the Camaro and running straight pipes this summer... that should be the real test.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Nice, I don't have much experience with anything besides Dynamat, is the Rammat you picked up thick like Dynamat original, or thicker? Dynamat Original is the black one that you had to apply heat to to activate, it is thicker than xtreme. I have some left over from a few years ago, I may hit the trunk floor with that since I have it...not sure how great it will work though...I just want to get a couple db's back...or I'm just gonna take out the exhaust even though I love it : ).

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

stipud wrote:On music it will take 800-1k just fine as long as you don't clip or listen at max volume on gangsta rap all the time.
I readjusted using the DMM method the other day because I typically don't listen at 3/4 volume and the sub sounded too quiet at my normal listening volume. I settled a few db over 2/3 volume but a few db below 3/4 volume. The sub sounds phenomenal now, but I did this right after a cold start in the afternoon. Do you guys think the stock alternator and amp aren't producing full output at cold temperatures and that it could have been a bad idea to adjust while everything was still cold?

Only reason I ask is because if I adjusted to 1000 watts cold but it is hitting 1200 watts warm, I wouldn't want to hurt the sub if I crank a tune.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Alternators will always put out MORE voltage when cold than when at normal operating temperature.
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Perfect, sounds like I should be ok then.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

ttocs wrote:yes and yes..........

I have previously done the trunk, doors and the floor, and then I added a side exhaust system.... Now I plan on adding some tiles and MLV on the sides around the exhaust area, as well as two RSDC102 and Ti9s in the doors.
Hey ttocs, just wanted to check in. Have you put down the Damplifier yet? Did you go with the regular or the pro?

If you put it down, how did it do? I need to pick something up to put on the trunk floor soon and am wondering how well the Damplifier does for exhaust noise. I would love to get something that keeps a little of the Subie exhaust note out of the cabin. I really want to get more sound out of my RSdC102. It gets loud, at least plenty loud for me, but when I am driving on the highway, it still gets a little drowned out.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Phoenixcolt wrote:

Hey ttocs, just wanted to check in. Have you put down the Damplifier yet? Did you go with the regular or the pro?

If you put it down, how did it do? I need to pick something up to put on the trunk floor soon and am wondering how well the Damplifier does for exhaust noise. I would love to get something that keeps a little of the Subie exhaust note out of the cabin. I really want to get more sound out of my RSdC102. It gets loud, at least plenty loud for me, but when I am driving on the highway, it still gets a little drowned out.
See my post in the first page of this thread in regards to exhaust noise...
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

dwnrodeo wrote:
Phoenixcolt wrote:

See my post in the first page of this thread in regards to exhaust noise...
My mistake, I remembered that post but I didn't realize MLV was actually a sound barrier.

I guess it would probably be worth it to do the trunk at least in damplifier and a sound barrier.

I am, however, a little worried about how much weight that would add. Are we talking 100 pounds or 300 pounds with damplifier and a sound barrier? Did you feel your SRT-4 dragging at all after using this in it or did it not add significant enough weight to feel a difference?

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Honestly, the Roadster, amp rack, and RSDc were the heaviest things in the install, and I didn't notice any dragging. Think of it this way. Do you notice your car going slower with a passenger in it? Now divide that by two and that's probably still a conservative guess as to how much weight you'll be adding by doing your trunk with damplifier and MLV.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?