can i do this???

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mistawikid

can i do this???

Post by mistawikid »

Im wanting to add another cap to my install. I got two caps feeding two amps right now but they are only 1farad each and my headlights dim every once in a while. (when im knocking pictures off the wall)

The Problem: I cant get to the caps in there because they r under a very large box in the rear so what I was thinking about dong was cutting my power wire and adding a cap underneath my back seat. Basically putting a cap in the middle before the other caps?

1. is this do-able?
2. safe?
3. will it even help?
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: can i do this???

Post by ttocs »

1.)yes
2.)if done correctly
3.)probably not. IF 2 farads is not doing anythig adding 1/3 to it will not do much but hurt your wallet.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ttocs wrote:1.)yes
2.)if done correctly
3.)probably not. IF 2 farads is not doing anythig adding 1/3 to it will not do much but hurt your wallet.

x2
3. will not help

what amps are you using? what car? did you do the big 3? check your alt and battery ...
there is alot of people that don't use caps anymore..
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

what's the big 3?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

upgrading all the stock power wires. If you do not do this, it doesn't matter if you run 0 awg power wire to your amp since the choke point for the stock electrical system is the 8 awg ground/power wires that are all before your power wire.
generall battery + alt(fused), ground from chassis to batt, batt - to block.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

And keep in mind that the Electrons flow in the reverse direction we're all taught, from neg to pos. That's why it's stressed a lot (though some don't know just why) to make sure your grounds are solid and clean.

Before they could "see" the flow of electrons, it was a 50/50 shot in the dark as to which direction they flowed, they were wrong, but for the same reasons we can't seem to change to the metric system, we're stubborn as Americans.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998