BassCube question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
tsonka

BassCube question

Post by tsonka »

Today I have been working on redoing my gear; I’m still waiting on my 2nd sub to arrive and my Onyx cover for my 200.4.

I went ahead and installed my 200.2 and my BassCube. When it came time to install the remote for the Cube I ran into trouble, I could not find a good place to mount the remote.

I personally hate permanently modifying my vehicle, with my install you can remove it and return my vehicle to its stock condition without having to replace any parts. My plan was to disassemble the remote and install it in one of the blanks that Honda provided to install switches for factory installed accessories. All of my blanks are too small to do this.

My question is this:

I have never seen a BassCube in use so I have zero experience with it. I basically bought it because it was PG, I didn’t have one and I had $100 burning a hole in my credit card.

Can I take this product, adjust it so where it provides an amount of boost that sounds decent across all listening levels, tuck the remote away and be done with it?? Or is it a product that needs constant fiddling with resulting in the need for the remote???

I know some of you guys just use it as a subsonic filter and due to my situation, if it is a product that needs constant adjustment I might just do the same.
Have switched to Home Audio:

Anthem Statement A5
Integra DHC-9.9
Klipsch Refrence II 5.1 set up
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I would mount it where you could get to it easily. You will want to adjust it for different songs.

How about in the center console?
tsonka

Post by tsonka »

I thought about mounting it to the INSIDE of the console where it would be out of sight

Anthem Statement A5
Integra DHC-9.9
tsonka

Post by tsonka »

I thought about mounting it to the INSIDE of the console where it would be out of sight

Anthem Statement A5
Integra DHC-9.9
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

tsonka wrote:I thought about mounting it to the INSIDE of the console where it would be out of sight
Perfect!! And still at arm's reach. :wink:
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

If you have a basscube and use an lpl 44 will you adjust both? Or would just the lpl being in arms reach be sufficient?
Tone

Post by Tone »

I've used a Basscube for 5 years now and increase or decrease the db with almost every single song because of differences in recording levels etc.. Note: I only set the parametric eq once as well as other internal settings like subsonic filter, tracking etc..

Personally, so that I don't wreck my cars I mount mine with 2-sided tape just behind my shifter almostout of site where my hand rests while driving - that way I can access the db control (notice I didn't say "BIG Knob").
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

travis, you could always mount it under the drivers seat to the floor where you could easily reach it but be out of sight as well.