when it rains.... it freakin THUNDERSTORMS!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mistawikid

when it rains.... it freakin THUNDERSTORMS!

Post by mistawikid »

I need some advice and some help!!

1. I put a PHOENIX GOLD RSD 250.2 under the rear seat and ran a PHOENIX GOLD bass knob to the amp but the teminals don't match up?? First question is WTF? and second is can I make it work? NOBODY sells that stuff anymore and I dont know a dealer local anyways.... All my shit came from the web.

2. I put 2 brand new (but old) Tantrum 8's underneath the front seats and hooked them to the 250.2. THEY SOUNDED GREAT but one song into it they both stopped playing? They haven't froze up, they don't grind when I push down on them, they don't smell burnt and they BOTH quit? I problem solved the f*ck out of them and I got other subs I had laying around to play on the amp and even wired them up to the wire's in my boxes and they play......?

I must have the worst luck EVER! Anybody know where I can get them looked at or fixed? Or find some more PG 8's?
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
pimpinest123

Re: when it rains.... it freakin THUNDERSTORMS!

Post by pimpinest123 »

U can use a drill battery to test them hook wires to the 8s and hold one side of the wires to the negative side of the battery and tap the othe side to the positive and if the speaker pops it's not froze up
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I'd suggest measuring the speaker resistance first, to make sure it is near the nominal impedance of the subwoofer. If it is a dead short or open circuit, you've definitely got a problem.

As for the bass knob, unfortunately only the monoblock RSDs have ports for those. :(
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

stipud wrote: As for the bass knob, unfortunately only the monoblock RSDs have ports for those. :(
why does the amp have a hole for some type of hook up that looks like a phone line? what goes there???
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

thats for the rmd voltage display
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

mistawikid wrote:
stipud wrote: As for the bass knob, unfortunately only the monoblock RSDs have ports for those. :(
why does the amp have a hole for some type of hook up that looks like a phone line? what goes there???
RMD probably (voltage display)