Cutting diodes on zeropoint 0.5 ?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
00goobs

Re: Cutting diodes on zeropoint 0.5 ?

Post by 00goobs »

I think there is a small company called "Burr Brown" that makes these cool op-amps in both SMD and thru-hole where the only drawback on using the SMD is I can barely see the pins, hehehe.... Internally, the specs/characteristics are identical.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

when i went to bluffcity electronics to pickup some parts, the main repair man explained that surface mount is just to put more components into a smaller area but it does not sound as good in an audio circuit. to me it's like turning an american v8 into a torqueless 4 banger, some things just shouldn't be done :!:
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

some things just shouldn't be done

Ya, like you speaking :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

smt does not degrade the audio signal, but it does allow for more componants. This is not as strong as a through board situation by any means but it does not automatically increase THD or else why would EVERYBODY do it today?

This makes sence now he gets audio advice from the tech, and gets his tech advice from the salemen, and the rest is just made up from what the voices in his head tell him.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Great, so one guy at bluffcity electronics said surface mount parts don't sound as good. Now using that single opinion you have based everything about car audio from that point forward?

It looks like the first person to tell you anything gets the advantage of permanently influencing you for the rest of your life. I think that makes you the most ignorant person I have every heard of.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

take as many fosgate amp's and pack your shortbus completly full to the brim with fosgate amps and drive it over a cliff, i would kill my self for ever owning a fosgate amp much less contaminate a soldering iron with their shitty solder. :twisted:
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Well, I guess we have established you hate Rockford Fosgate more than any amplifier out there. More than Jensen, Spark-o-matic, Pyle, etc...

As for solder, they use the same stuff PG or any other company does, so you just established you don't work on amps, never have, and likely never will. I guess that also means you don't work on any electronics, or have ever even soldered at all, considering pretty much anything uses the same solder.

Look Golden Piss, you have proven to everyone (I am pretty sure everyone) here you don't know jack about amps. And you don't really know jack about car audio either. Do you think people believe what you say? Do you think anyone even cares what you say?
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

ive worked on amp's for some years phoenix gold, orion,lanzar,us amps and futron/memphis and even fix head units but never have i or ever will i ever fix a fosgate amp infact i told this one guy take that shit up the street to someone else. :oops:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

The Golden One wrote:ive worked on amp's for some years phoenix gold, orion,lanzar,us amps and futron/memphis and even fix head units but never have i or ever will i ever fix a fosgate amp infact i told this one guy take that shit up the street to someone else. :oops:
The only reason you would not work on a Rockford Fosgate is because you don't have the skill to do it. Surface mount takes skill, thru-hole is a walk in the park compared to it.

Just because you lack the talent to do something does not mean the product you are incapable of working on is inferior.

Besides, we all know you never worked on any amps. You would not know the difference between the heatsink and the circuit board (as proven by your previous statements).
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

if you find yourself in a hole that you want to get out of, and dug yourself into, the first thing to do is stop diggin...

translation - stop typing, you will learn more.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I am not so sure he wants to dig out. By now he realizes he has lost all credibility on this forum, so he is just getting amusement taunting us. Much like the amusement I am getting exposing his true colors.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Eric D wrote:I am not so sure he wants to dig out. By now he realizes he has lost all credibility on this forum, so he is just getting amusement taunting us. Much like the amusement I am getting exposing his true colors.

he is just buying time to say something else stupid :naughty: :clap: :clap:
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
longboard

Post by longboard »

dam it now im going to have to get rid of my alpine f1 its full of that dam surface mount crap lolz anyone got a old 8 track lying around
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I don't know if anyone has said sorry So I will to SAM77H sorry for the post dumping did you get all the info you needed on the zpa amp?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport