Xenon questions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Xenon questions

Post by Rold Gold »

I've changed back to the original plan to use the X600.1/100.4 in the Stang............

They'll be nekid and behind plexi so I'm building an intake/exhaust fan system

Question-

1- Do you have to run the LED or is it just for look?

2- How do you remove the LED from the case without damage? (I'll assume there is a procedure that works best)
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
dvnt88

Re: Xenon questions

Post by dvnt88 »

Rold Gold wrote:I've changed back to the original plan to use the X600.1/100.4 in the Stang............

Question-

2- How do you remove the LED from the case without damage? (I'll assume there is a procedure that works best)
PM Valeks1, he would be the best resource for info on ur questions. :mrgreen:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

1.Blue LED show you the amplifier status
2.Just push LED from inside.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

valeks1 wrote:1.Blue LED show you the amplifier status
2.Just push LED from inside.
Damn that was quick. :mrgreen:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Rold Gold wrote:I've changed back to the original plan to use the X600.1/100.4 in the Stang............

Question-

you can unplug it? without damage . when i changed my x200.2 cover i for got to plug it in never had a problem
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the LED is on its own plug, you can just pull it out
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I know that the light itself is plugged into the board but didn't know if it was vital for the amp to run........

Thanks for the qwik responces fellas :D 8)
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
longboard

Post by longboard »

remember the heatsink for the xenon line is the whole base of the amp
i found mounting them a few mm from the floor gives you more surface area to cool it
the fan inside pulls air through fins on the inside of the amp
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Now I'm stuck on my thinking...........

I need to know FOR SURE that I can reverse the fan first of all........and am awaiting a pm for that.

Here's what I envision.......
1- SWAP the fans so they pull air in and out the top......
2- Butt amps togeter and raise them an inch to create good flow. The 100.4 has 1/4" of board overhanging the heatsink so there will be that gap.

3- In the very middle of that 1/4" gap, fab a 7/8" tall airflow baffle to direct air up through the inside portion of the sink. (Thats why reversing the fans is so important.)
Then use 3 120mm fans to move and exchange air. The 2 outside will draw in and the center will push out

Or do I leave a bigger gap between them and do push/pull and forget the center fan..........
longboard

Post by longboard »

i would go with your first idea no reall reason why reversing the fans would hurt especialy as you are giving them alot more cooling than most get!!
1,al dd10,2 al 15 farad powercores,2nakamichi cd400s,1 xenon 200.4,2 xenon 1200.1,3 sets ti elite9s,2 sets ti elite 5s 1 set ti elite 6s 4 sets ti elite tweets 2 13w7 subs,9 ti rmds,3 pg show pieces 1 ms2250,2 zx350s,2 zx 200s,2 zx250s,1 zx450v2,1 475 ti
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

longboard wrote:i would go with your first idea no reall reason why reversing the fans would hurt especialy as you are giving them alot more cooling than most get!!
^^^What he said :mrgreen: , more airflow = better cooling and performance ouuta the boys. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

only proble I could see would possibly be noise but that just means the music isn't loud enough.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

ttocs wrote:only proble I could see would possibly be noise but that just means the music isn't loud enough.
Noise wouldn't be an issue with these fans. I gave the fans to Harold as they're used in very sensitive testing devices and are designed to be next to 0-10db noise output from fan operation. I think they're rated at about 12-14db at full power, which is nothing compared to a PC fan which usually runs between 19 to 36db at full power.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I just needed to get it out for opinion to go with my gut I guess......... :lol:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i would imagine those 4 pc fans will move so much air, its almost irrelevant what the on board fans are doing
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

also remember you need to leave a couple inches of space between the fan and anything infront of it otherwise it wil spin faster while moving no/less air and eventually overheat. Power them up and put your hand infront/behind them to see how much space that fan needs to move its air.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.