phoenix gold voltage meter display

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
mistawikid

phoenix gold voltage meter display

Post by mistawikid »

im looking to add some of the pg voltage display's in my install. Right now I am running three RSD amp's. One on my subs, one on my components and one on two midrange 8's. I would love to hook up three of them (i got a good spot for 'em) but I dont wanna do it if they only show the battery voltage because they will all show the same thing... I guess my question is will they show the individual voltage being pulled by the amps or will it just show the battery output? Either way, does anybody have any for sale!!!??? :)
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Re: phoenix gold voltage meter display

Post by dedlyjedly »

The RSD amplifiers should each have their own RMD port. If you use one display for each amp they will monitor the voltage present at each amp in real time. Optimally the voltage will be the same across the board, but you'll probably have to use a multimeter to confirm and calibrate each display independently.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

any difference that they would show would more then likely be small tuning difference in the rmd. In a perfect world, hooked up to the same power source and all things being equal they should all show the same thing.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

in a perfect world if they were all tuned the same and hooked up to the same power source they will all show the same. Any small differences would be probably due to tuning differences in the rmd;s
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.