Display board build finally started.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
smgreen20

Display board build finally started.

Post by smgreen20 »

I finally got around to starting my display board build. Sorry the pic is a bit hazy looking.

In no order I have:

HU:
Clarion
ADCS-1
Auto PC310
DRX9375r
DRX8275
DRX7475
DRX9575Rz
5780CD
5632CD

CD Changer:
Clarion
CD655z

DSP's:
Clarion
920EQ
DPH9100
DPH9300
DPH910
DPH7500z

AMPS:
Clarion
APA4200
APA4320 when I finish fixing it which shouldn't be to long
MTX
Thunder2300 when I fix it, it'll be a bit still

MIDS/HIGHS
Clarion
SSS601
Phoenix Gold
XS160
ZP5

SUB:
Phoenix Gold Cyclone

Will hope to have everything in it tomorrow. Doubt it'll be wired up right away, but I'm going to try my hardest.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Re: Display board build finally started.

Post by smgreen20 »

Women/Wives!!!!!!! She knew I wanted to get this built for the past month or so and she's the one that suggested I do it this weekend. Got ready to bring it in the house today to install the items and start the wiring, only for her to change her mind. I'm somewhat hurt and upset. She didn't realize the shear size that this was going to be. Now I wasted half a day away and for no real reason cut up a perfectly good sheet of MDF I could've used to build her a box for the install I am doing in her car. Now I have to wait who knows how long to hook up the ADCS-1. Oh well..............

Rant over
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I guess it's time to pull the comprimize card........ She has lots of stuff around the house on the walls and shelves so why can't you have something that says who you are and shows that yer more than a working monkey that sleeps there. Years ago I had the same type of conflict at my house.

Just tell her that this is important to you.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Funny you say that. I went through compromise 2 yrs ago. The bedroom was the only place for my stuff before that. She has since let me put some of my music memorabilia in the living room. My wife is the oldest of 8 kids so she never had a bedroom that was just hers. She said she wanted a normal bedroom. It's still far from it as the rest of my collectible memorabilia is displayed in the bedroom. The display stand I guess was just to much.

Install:
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

I think you need another hole :-p
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

let me know how the clarions sound i would still love to here them. he still has one set i might just buy them.... looked like a great board
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I think ot sitting on the garage will be a daily reminder, so o think her guilt will get the best of her and she'll let me bring it in.

Install:
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

smgreen20 wrote:I think ot sitting on the garage will be a daily reminder, so o think her guilt will get the best of her and she'll let me bring it in.
:clap: :clap:
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
mmmadog

Post by mmmadog »

Theres something the home audio guys call WAF wife approval factor...
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

smgreen20 wrote:I think ot sitting on the garage will be a daily reminder, so o think her guilt will get the best of her and she'll let me bring it in.
looks really nice man
did you finish the face yet though..just thought if she could see it with the exterior painted, carpeted or however you were going to clean it up, she might change her mind, jmtc but I think black on something this size would look really sharp even a jell coat would be pretty cool

if not just pack it all up and I'll shoot you 5.00 for the lot j/k
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I was going to put black carpet over it, but of o can't bring it in, I font want to waste any more $ on it.

Install:
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

smgreen20 wrote:I was going to put black carpet over it, but of o can't bring it in, I font want to waste any more $ on it.

well in that case my offer still stands... JJ ...work her a bit they usually come around sooner or later
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

most audio shops just put a counter top laminat over it and trim it with a router. Easy, cheap and clean.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

ttocs wrote:most audio shops just put a counter top laminat over it and trim it with a router. Easy, cheap and clean.
over here they always painted them , a lot of specal paint was used as well, but black carpet stretched over that rack should look pretty killer.... I always liked working with carpet
-
-
-