USACi

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
chicago-regal

USACi

Post by chicago-regal »

Just curious if anyone on here attend any of these competitions? The last time I was at on of these
was about 10 years ago, it was an IASCA finals in Memphis TN. I was only there for the show not to compete.
Actually I have always wanted to be a part of one of these but could never seem to get my car together to where Im satisfied with it to compete. Anyways, theres a finals coming up in Sherevport, LA and Im seriosly considering on going. Would like to see what the level of quility and craftsmanship is now a days.
So thinking of driving down there for the weekend, Chicago to Sherevport Louisiana is quiet a drive, but I think
I can handle it. Its on Sept 24 and 25 2011. Hoping its gonna be great...
00goobs

USACi

Post by 00goobs »

There is going to be one in Houston in November. I am planning to attend as it is a seminar on Sat and comp on Sun. There seems to be a good sized following here, just haven't met them yet...
chicago-regal

Re: USACi

Post by chicago-regal »

Really.. Where at in Houston? Was wondering what kind of seminars they're gonna have.
Is it something like they have at the SEMA show, where its hands on fabrication or installation.
Or is it just one of the manufaturers speaking about their product line? Just curious. Lmk...
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

Here is a link to the discussion: Houston USACi meet
lashlee

Post by lashlee »

I competed in USAC in around 96-97 time frame. It was a different time for audio. I thought the judges were a little partial to certain vehicles and manufacturers. I ended up switching over to MECA in 00-01 and stayed there until I won points and state champ as well as finishing 2nd (by a .10 of a point) in 08. Competing can be fun and a great way to hear other setups and gain some great friends!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Sadly I have never been to one and would love to join you as you might be passing through my town actually. If you're going to take I-65 South you'll go right through Lafayette, IN. If only I knew whether or not I have to work next weekend. :scratch: :hmm:
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998